Grimm Forum
For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? (/Thread-For-the-religious-are-wesen-human-and-subject-to-the-law-of-God)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - eric - 01-15-2018

(01-14-2018, 10:35 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 04:08 PM)eric Wrote: Not all these examples are workplace--when working at SSA, people would go to a coworker for help, and she would tell them "first let's pray".

I don't understand how this isn't a workplace example. I would also like to know more about why people went to this particular co worker and if they were outraged by her advice about prayer.

(01-14-2018, 04:08 PM)eric Wrote: My 8 year old son was invited to spend the weekend at another church's mountain camp, I was assured they would not try to convert him. He got there and they tried to pressure him to convert, he started acting like he was putting a voo doo curse on them, they got all scared and avoided him like the plague. Really proud of him.

I'm not familiar with church mountain camps. What are they and why would they invite persons who are not of their faith?

My son has been to a few retreats during his time in grade and high school. They were all Catholic and only the students were allowed to attend the retreats. Parents were not allowed to attend.

What made you suspicious that the church mountain camp might try to convert your son, eric?
This happened in Eastern New Mexico. Lots of churches and organizations have mountain compounds where the members can go for meetings or just to escape the summer heat, I was told it was going to be just a get away from the heat thing for the kids. Now don't get me wrong and I wasn't being paranoid, but there was/is a real push out there to convert all heathen, eg. RC. I had good non-RC friends who would not do that, but it pays to ask. They just didn't know my son had been to a few voo doo shops in New Orleans and had heard "funny" family stories. Scared the holy out of them. I did say not all were workplace examples, the SSA one was. She took claims and processed changes for clients, they were being pressured to pray her prayer if they wanted help. Workers complained to management, who issued warnings and eventually fired her.

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - irukandji - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 08:35 AM)eric Wrote: This happened in Eastern New Mexico. Lots of churches and organizations have mountain compounds where the members can go for meetings or just to escape the summer heat, I was told it was going to be just a get away from the heat thing for the kids. Now don't get me wrong and I wasn't being paranoid, but there was/is a real push out there to convert all heathen, eg. RC. I had good non-RC friends who would not do that, but it pays to ask. They just didn't know my son had been to a few voo doo shops in New Orleans and had heard "funny" family stories. Scared the holy out of them. I did say not all were workplace examples, the SSA one was. She took claims and processed changes for clients, they were being pressured to pray her prayer if they wanted help. Workers complained to management, who issued warnings and eventually fired her.

This camp your son went to was Roman Catholic? When did this occur?

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - eric - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 08:52 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 08:35 AM)eric Wrote: This happened in Eastern New Mexico. Lots of churches and organizations have mountain compounds where the members can go for meetings or just to escape the summer heat, I was told it was going to be just a get away from the heat thing for the kids. Now don't get me wrong and I wasn't being paranoid, but there was/is a real push out there to convert all heathen, eg. RC. I had good non-RC friends who would not do that, but it pays to ask. They just didn't know my son had been to a few voo doo shops in New Orleans and had heard "funny" family stories. Scared the holy out of them. I did say not all were workplace examples, the SSA one was. She took claims and processed changes for clients, they were being pressured to pray her prayer if they wanted help. Workers complained to management, who issued warnings and eventually fired her.

This camp your son went to was Roman Catholic? When did this occur?
The camp was run by a pentecostal or evangelial church, they were trying to convert my son because he was a heathen--Roman Catholic. My son was smart enough to locate their weak spot(never met a real heathen) and exploited it. Made me proud.I took him to Dairy Queen for a banana split to celebrate.

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - irukandji - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 09:23 AM)eric Wrote: The camp was run by a pentecostal or evangelial church, they were trying to convert my son because he was a heathen--Roman Catholic. My son was smart enough to locate their weak spot(never met a real heathen) and exploited it. Made me proud.I took him to Dairy Queen for a banana split to celebrate.

Good for him!

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2018

I know about the history of PP. All of its founders are dead.

Many of the people who signed the Constitution owned slaves. They're dead too.

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - New Guy - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 03:23 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:07 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: No tax money going to Planned Parenthood pays for abortions. Congress banned that in 1976.

And if you think with all the contributions they get somehow, all that cash can be distinguished on how it is used? I have a bridge I want to sell you.

BTW, I am old enough to remember when Planned Parenthood was started.
They primary mission was to prevent teenage pregnancies. Abortions do not prevent pregnancies, they terminate them.

You should do some homework on some of the founders that conceived Planned Parenthood and look into their actual intent for it's conception. You will be shocked.
Hi Dicap and Face,
The problem with Planned Parenthood's disclosure is evident in their Annual Report:
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/uploads/filer_public/18/40/1840b04b-55d3-4c00-959d-11817023ffc8/20170526_annualreport_p02_singles.pdf
which claims (see page 22) abortions represent only 3% of "2015 AFFILIATE MEDICAL SERVICES."

The Daily signal, a pro-life, publisher has (among others) called the 3% into question:
http://dailysignal.com/2016/09/14/the-numbers-that-show-planned-parenthood-about-abortion-not-womens-health/

The The Susan B. Anthony List claims the figure should be 94%
https://www.sba-list.org/newsroom/press-releases/planned-parenthood-annual-report-fresh-evidence-abortion-centered-profit-dri

The Washington Post (not known as a conservative publication) did a fact check:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/08/12/for-planned-parenthood-abortion-stats-3-percent-and-94-percent-are-both-misleading/?utm_term=.4c7e5966b096
Quote:With limited data, there is no accurate way to measure how much of Planned Parenthood’s activities comprise abortions. Both sides are using meaningless and incomplete comparisons to make their argument, and the public should be wary of both figures. Thus, both receive Three Pinocchios.

On this Martin Luther King Day I leave you with:
http://www.priestsforlife.org/africanamerican/martin-luther-king-unborn.htm
Quote:“The Negro cannot win if he is willing to sacrifice the futures of his children for immediate personal comfort and safety. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 1929-1968

Read the whole article to get a picture of MLK and Planned Parenthood. His niece, Dr. Alveda C. King, pastoral associate with Priests for Life writes:
Quote:As Dr. King’s niece, I too once accepted the lies of Planned Parenthood until the truth of the violence of abortion was revealed to me. If Planned Parenthood had announced that over 50 million babies would be aborted in the onslaught of their agenda, I would never have aborted a child. Dr. King would never have agreed with the violent violation of the civil rights of the millions of aborted babies, and Planned Parenthood’s subsequent blitz of women’s health problems related to chemical and artificial birth control methods. This conclusion leads me to remind my readers that I too have a dream, it’s in my genes. How can the dream survive if we murder the children?
To celebrate MLK's life, you may want to help someone today as a random act of kindness.
N G

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2018

The only data cited above that I would not discount based on its source is the Post, and I see that their article draws its date from the same places that I would discount.

The argument that PP shouldn't treat every service it provides as separate is bogus. If I go to my doctor and get different things done at the same visit - blood test, flu shot, etc. - she bills insurance for each one separately and my insurance company treats each one as a separate claim. So PP is just following SOP for records of medical services.

As for the views of MLK and his niece, everybody is entitled to argue their views. The ultimate decision is still that of the person who happens to be pregnant at the time.

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - dicappatore - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 10:33 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I know about the history of PP. All of its founders are dead.

Many of the people who signed the Constitution owned slaves. They're dead too.

As for the founders of the Constitution, yes, did own slaves. But back then, owning slaves was not just a white man practice, or just a Colonial practice. Many owned slaves including non-white through out the world, which most history books seem to omit in its teachings. Where did these slaves come from, They were sold at the shores of Africa and they were sold off by non whites but their own indigenous people.

Let me tell you of another fact left out of the History books. As much as appalling it was for Mussolini invading Ethiopia, one of the reason he gave was to end slavery in 1935. I am curious whom was to blame for that practice? That was 70 years after the end of the Civil War in the USA

One of the main founder of PP was a racist and her whole purpose was to terminate most of unwed minorities pregnancies. The results of her success speaks for themselves, given the locations of most PP clinics and the racial component of their abortion statistics.

We have seem to detract from this thread into something I did not plan on and I will ended with this post.

RE: For the religious: are wesen human and subject to the law of God? - New Guy - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 12:07 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The only data cited above that I would not discount based on its source is the Post, and I see that their article draws its date from the same places that I would discount.

The argument that PP shouldn't treat every service it provides as separate is bogus. If I go to my doctor and get different things done at the same visit - blood test, flu shot, etc. - she bills insurance for each one separately and my insurance company treats each one as a separate claim. So PP is just following SOP for records of medical services.

As for the views of MLK and his niece, everybody is entitled to argue their views. The ultimate decision is still that of the person who happens to be pregnant at the time.
Hi Face,
If the data:
Quote:Major League Baseball teams could say that they sell about 20 million hot dogs and play 2,430 games in a season, so baseball is only .012 percent of what they do.
is correct, then you would argue MLB is actually a hot dog business? Tongue LOL!
If your doctor sees 20 patients per day, 10 get an abortion that PP pays $1,500 for each and the other get 4 procedures that insurance pays $50 for each procedure, how would you determine the percentage of her practice is abortions? Hint, there are at least 3 calculations to do. Do the math, then select which is most truthful.
IMO, MLK was a Great American. Who from PP has as much admiration as he?
N G

(01-15-2018, 04:19 PM)New Guy Wrote: If your doctor sees 20 patients per day, 10 get an abortion that PP pays $1,500 for each and the other get 4 procedures that insurance pays $50 for each procedure, how would you determine the percentage of her practice is abortions?

By the number of procedures performed. The only difference between an abortion and removing a wart is that nobody gets all bent out of shape trying to protect warts.