Grimm Forum
Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's (/Thread-Who-s-heinous-acts-were-worse-Adalind-s-or-Juliette-s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 03:07 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think Adalind set up frau Pech's murder. She told Stefania Frau Pech scared her after being threatened that she was worth more dead than alive. The next scene was Frau Pech then disguised as Adalind trying to trap Stefania to revealing her plans learned how to bring back the hexenbiest was killed on the spot with no Adalind in sight. I don't remember exactly but apparently nobody knew how to bring back the hexenbiest except Stefania and she with her sons killed Frau Pech. Adalind’s role in the whole thing was partaking in the nasty ritual that involved Frau Pech's remains.

She didn’t really plan it but she was involved as was shown by her reaction of saying the wicked witch is dead and another one is coming back, but my overall point was Adalind was just as bad or probably even worse as a human. Whereas she was at her most caring and compassionate as a hexenbiest in the last two seasons.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Robyn - 02-04-2018

(02-03-2018, 08:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: The series did not give us much information on how the hexenbiest spirit takes over its host or even if the hexenbiest spirit can take over its host. But let's say a hexenbiest spirit can take over its host. How would it go about doing that? The only thing I can think of is for the spirit to locate and hone in on a host's weakness. Juliette was not a murderer, but easily became one once the spirit took over. Did the spirit hone in on let's say, a not so great childhood, and use that against Juliette?
Sadly, if it wasn’t needed for a story, G & K didn’t give it much value. That the Hexenbiest looks for a weakness to exploit is as good an explanation as any, except, Adalind’s characterization over the six seasons contradicts that theory. Despite the writers having her say the Hexenbiest controls the host, nothing suggested Adalind struggled with anything other than being raised by a cold and controlling mother which caused a weakness for men who don’t love her.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 06:09 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 08:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: The series did not give us much information on how the hexenbiest spirit takes over its host or even if the hexenbiest spirit can take over its host. But let's say a hexenbiest spirit can take over its host. How would it go about doing that? The only thing I can think of is for the spirit to locate and hone in on a host's weakness. Juliette was not a murderer, but easily became one once the spirit took over. Did the spirit hone in on let's say, a not so great childhood, and use that against Juliette?
Sadly, if it wasn’t needed for a story, G & K didn’t give it much value. That the Hexenbiest looks for a weakness to exploit is as good an explanation as any, except, Adalind’s characterization over the six seasons contradicts that theory. Despite the writers having her say the Hexenbiest controls the host, nothing suggested Adalind struggled with anything other than being raised by a cold and controlling mother which caused a weakness for men who don’t love her.

Excellent point ,Robyn, G&k dropped the ball a lot as far as consistancey was concerned but we have to take what we were given and nothing Adalind did throughout the series ever really suggest she was taken over by anything.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - rpmaluki - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 05:49 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 03:07 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think Adalind set up frau Pech's murder. She told Stefania Frau Pech scared her after being threatened that she was worth more dead than alive. The next scene was Frau Pech then disguised as Adalind trying to trap Stefania to revealing her plans learned how to bring back the hexenbiest was killed on the spot with no Adalind in sight. I don't remember exactly but apparently nobody knew how to bring back the hexenbiest except Stefania and she with her sons killed Frau Pech. Adalind’s role in the whole thing was partaking in the nasty ritual that involved Frau Pech's remains.

She didn’t really plan it but she was involved as was shown by her reaction of saying the wicked witch is dead and another one is coming back, but my overall point was Adalind was just as bad or probably even worse as a human. Whereas she was at her most caring and compassionate as a hexenbiest in the last two seasons.

Yeah Adalind was dead set on her mission so you have a point there.

I think the hexenbiest supposedly controlling the host was the writers attempt in backpedaling on Juliette's actions in S4. Adalind plus three other hexenbiests never showed signs of being controlled when they would have rather acted differently. Their actions were inherent to the individual themselves.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - brandon - 02-04-2018

When Adalind did the spell to Juliette was human.
People get carried away by feelings and Juliette for " hatred,envy..

(02-04-2018, 07:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think the hexenbiest supposedly controlling the host was the writers attempt in backpedaling on Juliette's actions in S4. Adalind plus three other hexenbiests never showed signs of being controlled when they would have rather acted differently. Their actions were inherent to the individual themselves.
Totally agree, G & K couldn’t commit to their own ‘Juliette goes evil’ storyline. But I have a hard time wrapping my head around them not moving full speed ahead with the spell causing the Hexenbiest spirit to have abnormally overpowering control over Juliette. That way they wouldn’t have interfered with established Hexenbiest traits, and, provided an avenue for Hexenbiest Juliette to go full throttle in her evilness without human Juliette being responsible.

For me, Nick confronted with having to kill Juliette, who was an innocent victim of the spell that returned his Grimm, would have been much more intriguing than him trying to suppress the Hexenbiest so he could get his girlfriend back.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - rpmaluki - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 07:31 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 07:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think the hexenbiest supposedly controlling the host was the writers attempt in backpedaling on Juliette's actions in S4. Adalind plus three other hexenbiests never showed signs of being controlled when they would have rather acted differently. Their actions were inherent to the individual themselves.
Totally agree, G & K couldn’t commit to their own ‘Juliette goes evil’ storyline. But I have a hard time wrapping my head around them not moving full speed ahead with the spell causing the Hexenbiest spirit to have abnormally overpowering control over Juliette. That way they wouldn’t have interfered with established Hexenbiest traits, and, provided an avenue for Hexenbiest Juliette to go full throttle in her evilness without human Juliette being responsible.

For me, Nick confronted with having to kill Juliette, who was an innocent victim of the spell that returned his Grimm, would have been much more intriguing than him trying to suppress the Hexenbiest so he could get his girlfriend back.
They wouldn't have allowed him to kill her when he already felt guilty for her situation. That would have pushed him over the edge and I doubt some would have seen his actions as a heroic. It would have been akin to putting down a rabid dog after you infected it regardless of intent. It was far preferable to the narrative that Nick surrender himself to Juliette's wrath as a we saw at the end and have a third party put an end to Juliette.

(02-04-2018, 07:40 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: They wouldn't have allowed him to kill her when he already felt guilty for her situation. That would have pushed him over the edge and I doubt some would have seen his actions as a heroic. It would have been akin to putting down a rabid dog after you infected it regardless of intent. It was far preferable to the narrative that Nick surrender himself to Juliette's wrath as a we saw at the end and have a third party put an end to Juliette.
Nick wouldn’t need to kill Juliette for the story to work. It would be enough that Rosalee was telling him what happened to Juliette in the Grimm reversal spell didn’t have it’s own reversal spell. That nothing short of killing the Hexenbiest spirit, which was basically the premise behind Nick killing Adalind’s Hexenbiest but not the host Adalind in S1. The difference would be a more powerful, more diabolical Hexenbiest than Nick went up against with Adalind’s.

I suppose for me, that Juliette might eventually die because of the reversal spell isn’t a big deal. I would have been equally intrigued by the Contaminatio Ritualis creating that scenario with Adalind. And, if the story was compelling wouldn’t be adverse to her eventual death.

For me, the Juliette goes evil storyline ultimately delivered very little considering it had so much potential, as did Diana’s storyline as the super powerful baby so dangerous that Kelly had to take her to ensure she wouldn’t become the emissary of great evil. In S5, Juliette was taken down by a mind control technique that created a soldier obedient to a military objective then further neutered by a stick and Diana hadn’t learned anything about using her powers wisely but was only using those powers to ensure the continuance of her family unit.

I keep thinking about what might have been. Juliette & Diana escaping Portland with Frederick then returning in S5 with the Royals & Verrat intending to annihilate Team Grimm once and for all. Nick and Adalind would have to face head-on that their decisions irrevocably harmed those they love most and they might be forced to kill them - if they can figure out a way to do that.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - irukandji - 02-04-2018

(02-03-2018, 03:23 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Once agian your entitled to your opinion but in the world of Grimm Adalind raising her children to follow in nicks footsteps is a good thing if you don’t like it tough the show is called Grimm. Ethier way it not possible for her children to live a normal life safley, Kelly is half hexenbiest and half Grimm and Diania is a super hexenbiest, it’s solely your opinion it’s not a better life for her children. As far as the show is concerned her children are fighting on the side of good.

It's never a good thing to force bad traits on to children, henry. Sadly that alone make Adalind's act much more heinous than Juliette's.

(02-04-2018, 08:36 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 07:40 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: They wouldn't have allowed him to kill her when he already felt guilty for her situation. That would have pushed him over the edge and I doubt some would have seen his actions as a heroic. It would have been akin to putting down a rabid dog after you infected it regardless of intent. It was far preferable to the narrative that Nick surrender himself to Juliette's wrath as a we saw at the end and have a third party put an end to Juliette.
Nick wouldn’t need to kill Juliette for the story to work. It would be enough that Rosalee was telling him what happened to Juliette in the Grimm reversal spell didn’t have it’s own reversal spell. That nothing short of killing the Hexenbiest spirit, which was basically the premise behind Nick killing Adalind’s Hexenbiest but not the host Adalind in S1. The difference would be a more powerful, more diabolical Hexenbiest than Nick went up against with Adalind’s.

I suppose for me, that Juliette might eventually die because of the reversal spell isn’t a big deal. I would have been equally intrigued by the Contaminatio Ritualis creating that scenario with Adalind. And, if the story was compelling wouldn’t be adverse to her eventual death.

For me, the Juliette goes evil storyline ultimately delivered very little considering it had so much potential, as did Diana’s storyline as the super powerful baby so dangerous that Kelly had to take her to ensure she wouldn’t become the emissary of great evil. In S5, Juliette was taken down by a mind control technique that created a soldier obedient to a military objective then further neutered by a stick and Diana hadn’t learned anything about using her powers wisely but was only using those powers to ensure the continuance of her family unit.

I keep thinking about what might have been. Juliette & Diana escaping Portland with Frederick then returning in S5 with the Royals & Verrat intending to annihilate Team Grimm once and for all. Nick and Adalind would have to face head-on that their decisions irrevocably harmed those they love most and they might be forced to kill them - if they can figure out a way to do that.
According to the show they couldn't get rid of the hexenbiest like Nick did in S1, something to do with Juliette's hexenbiest being derived from Adalind who was already immune to Grimm blood at the time of the twinning spell and Grimm reversal spell. Their only options were suppression, death or for the writers to not make Juliette go crazy.