Grimm Forum
Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's (/Thread-Who-s-heinous-acts-were-worse-Adalind-s-or-Juliette-s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - irukandji - 01-27-2018

(01-27-2018, 09:57 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Thanks, Robyn. We don't know anything about Juliette's past and that has always been a pet peeve of mine about the series.

A question on my mind when I was thinking about this topic is, what trigger causes women like Adalind and Juliette to murder? Adalind's relationship with her mother was not a happy one, but I don't see that as the overwhelming trigger in her brain that rationalized her murder of Marie. I know she was doing it because Renard told her to, but what brought her to that point?

As for Juliette, we don't know a lot about her background, so it's even more questionable to me as to why someone like her would be so amendable to murder as well.
Adalind and Eve like all wesen live by a different set of rules. they have a different out look on life. The common theme I have seen over six year is wesen live and breath the idea of survival of the fittest. You are either predator or prey. If you try and view Adalind , Eve , or any wesen from a human point of view. They would be classified as psychotic killing machines. Consider Rosalee chomped down and ripped the guys throat out. Yet she saw nothing wrong with that. How would that not have a human labeled as psychotic. Take Hank and Wu each time they shoot someone they hesitate. Name one wesen that hesitated before a kill or had second thoughts or showed regret afterward.

And that's fine that you think that. But that was not really a theme of Grimm as far as wesen were concerned. Bud was a character who would have been technically classified as prey, but yet showed great love and devotion to his family. When called upon, he displayed great courage. He strove to overcome the animal side of his nature, which is indicative of growth.

I would have liked to have learned more about hexenbiests. It's apparent Adalind isn't the poster child for the species. Elizabeth and Henrietta were completely different.

The series went into great detail regard wesen, but chose only to reveal certain things about hexenbiests which really doesn't give a true picture of them.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 01-27-2018

(01-27-2018, 10:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 09:57 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Thanks, Robyn. We don't know anything about Juliette's past and that has always been a pet peeve of mine about the series.

A question on my mind when I was thinking about this topic is, what trigger causes women like Adalind and Juliette to murder? Adalind's relationship with her mother was not a happy one, but I don't see that as the overwhelming trigger in her brain that rationalized her murder of Marie. I know she was doing it because Renard told her to, but what brought her to that point?

As for Juliette, we don't know a lot about her background, so it's even more questionable to me as to why someone like her would be so amendable to murder as well.
Adalind and Eve like all wesen live by a different set of rules. they have a different out look on life. The common theme I have seen over six year is wesen live and breath the idea of survival of the fittest. You are either predator or prey. If you try and view Adalind , Eve , or any wesen from a human point of view. They would be classified as psychotic killing machines. Consider Rosalee chomped down and ripped the guys throat out. Yet she saw nothing wrong with that. How would that not have a human labeled as psychotic. Take Hank and Wu each time they shoot someone they hesitate. Name one wesen that hesitated before a kill or had second thoughts or showed regret afterward.

And that's fine that you think that. But that was not really a theme of Grimm as far as wesen were concerned. Bud was a character who would have been technically classified as prey, but yet showed great love and devotion to his family. When called upon, he displayed great courage. He strove to overcome the animal side of his nature, which is indicative of growth.

I would have liked to have learned more about hexenbiests. It's apparent Adalind isn't the poster child for the species. Elizabeth and Henrietta were completely different.

The series went into great detail regard wesen, but chose only to reveal certain things about hexenbiests which really doesn't give a true picture of them.

I totally agree Irk, I think it is totally wrong labeling wesen killing machines, humans and wesen are individuals who make choices, there were an awful lot of good wesen on the show, I also didn’t get the impression Elizabeth and Henrietta were that bad at all from what we seen of them. Syscrash, is being far to simplistic wesen bad and human good ,the show established it’s not as simple as that , Adalind was at her very worst as a human and at her most compassionate in season 6 when she was a hexenbiest. Adalind wasn’t a bad person in the early seasons because she was a hexenbiest that’s just an excuse imo , she was like that because that’s how she was riased and chose to be as an adult.
Some wesen may have certain animalistic urges but the majority of modern wesen seem to live just fine in the world and are able to control them , by the way a lot of regular humans also have dark sides that they must control, not quite on the wesen level but not that different ether. Some posters also forget most wesen are born totally human and remain human until they are nearly teenagers , according to the show. They are also in human form the majority of the time and mostly only woge when they are in a stressful situation to my mind they are mostly human only with a more primal side. Also the Royals we’ve seen on the show were just as power hungry and more ruthless than almost any Hexenbiest/ Zauberbiest except for maybe Boneparte yet they were fully human. For example Judging by how power hungry the Royals were Renards need for power and his greed comes from his human side as much as his hexenbiest side.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - dicappatore - 01-27-2018

(01-27-2018, 10:26 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I totally agree Irk, I think it is totally wrong labeling wesen killing machines, humans and wesen are individuals who make choices, there were an awful lot of good wesen on the show, I also didn’t get the impression Elizabeth and Henrietta were that bad at all from what we seen of them. Syscrash, is being far to simplistic wesen bad and human good ,the show established it’s not as simple as that , Adalind was at her very worst as a human and at her most compassionate in season 6 when she was a hexenbiest. Adalind wasn’t a bad person in the early seasons because she was a hexenbiest that’s just an excuse imo , she was like that because that’s how she was riased and chose to be as an adult.
Some wesen may have certain animalistic urges but the majority of modern wesen seem to live just fine in the world and are able to control them , by the way a lot of regular humans also have dark sides that they must control, not quite on the wesen level but not that different ether. Some posters also forget most wesen are born totally human and remain human until they are nearly teenagers , according to the show. They are also in human form the majority of the time and mostly only woge when they are in a stressful situation to my mind they are mostly human only with a more primal side. Also the Royals we’ve seen on the show were just as power hungry and more ruthless than almost any Hexenbiest/ Zauberbiest except for maybe Boneparte yet they were fully human. For example Judging by how power hungry the Royals were Renards need for power and his greed comes from his human side as much as his hexenbiest side.

I totally agree with you Henry on the Adalind persona. She was worse as human than a Hex. I also think how Elisabeth and Henrietta had adjusted to live as hex'es in a modern day society without a hitch. As for the Royals, they were some of the worst humans could have produced. They exploited humans and Wesen alike. Look how they used Juliette to turn her against the love of her life and his mother.

I will disagree with you on Sean. IMO, him being also of Royal blood. His scum-bag-ness came more from his Royal blood side than Elizabeth's side.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - syscrash - 01-28-2018

Quote: Syscrash, is being far to simplistic wesen bad and human good ,the show established it’s not as simple as that , Adalind was at her very worst as a human and at her most compassionate in season 6 when she was a hexenbiest. Adalind wasn’t a bad person in the early seasons because she was a hexenbiest that’s just an excuse imo , she was like that because that’s how she was riased and chose to be as an adult.
I never classified wesen or humans as good or bad. I was describing how they behaved according to their nature. A blutbad the hunts does not make them a bad blutbad. They are doing what comes natural. The blutbad that woged in public and robbed the bank. that would be the definition of a bad wesen.
Even with Adalind you do not see her for what she is. you only see her for who she is. With or without powers what she is does not change, she is still a hexenbiest. It is who she is that changes without her powers. What she is controls her views and outlook on things. Who she is controls what she does.
Taking a look at Adalind she was just as conniving doing the cat scratch as she was when taking nicks powers. Being conniving is one of attributes the book attributed to hexenbiest. Even while with Nick a lot of her actions where sneaky. Even if they may have been for the right reason. What changed was without powers Adalind was more docile. With her powers she had no fear taking on a fight with others. In the show we saw with powers she fought Nick and she fought Juliette. Without powers she avoided confrontation. Take Tony, Adalind was very hesitant to confront him until he attacked Rosalee. With her powers she confronted Nick in the forest and in Sean room.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 01-28-2018

Adalind took Nicks powers beacuse she wanted Diania back plain and simple, she avoided confrontion without her powers because she was weak without them how exactly wound a barley 100 pound woman confront anyone physically successfully without supernatural powers. How exactly was Adalind sneaky with Nick the only thing she kept from Nick was her powers were coming back and that was done out of fear not sneakiness , if you think her sneaky for this then Juliette was sneaky for hiding her hexenbiest from Nick. Adalind told nick in season 5 she was worried Sean would use Diania against her and that the resistance had her. She also didn’t tell Nick about meeting Renard and Diania in 5x18 but once agian this was clearly done out of fear not sneakiness. She told Nick in a letter excatly why she had to leave him,that doesn’t sound very sneaky to me. Nick lied directly to Adalinds face in season 5 and he hid far more from her than she hid from him.

What about the Royals they are fully human and more conniving than any hexenbiest and a lot more ruthless than most. I never seen hexenbiest have thier own family members murderd other than Sean who is a half royal. Viktor was behind his own uncle Sean's fathers death, the king told Kenneth to Murder his own son Sean if he didn’t cooperate . It’s was the Royals who cut off Kelly Burkhardts head, then put it in a box for her son to see, hexenbiests were never that sick. It’s was the Royals who ruled the world and exploited the masses, humans and wesen for centuries. The Royals tried to have Sean and his mother murderd simply for what and who they were, catherine Schade was a bad mother but compared with the Royals she was a saint, at least she never tried to have her daughter murdered. The Royals in the past used grimms to control wesen and force them to figth in thier wars. It was even said on the show a a lot of the trouble In the world in modern times is even caused by the Royals ,like stirring trouble in the Middle East in order to destabilize the world so they can become as powerful as they once were a century before. The Royals who are humans have caused far more harm to the world than any hexenbiest ever has or will.

The Royals in my opinion were the sickest people on the show, Eric had his own loyal guard of years turned into a zombie simply for fun, even Boneparte wasn’t that sick basically killing someone just for entertainment. Even Adalind flinches and is shocked at the beating Kenneth give Damerov in 4x16. Death and destruction is just as much a part of human nature as it is wesen nature, the witch trials and mummifying of wesen in ancient Egypt are just two examples of this.

Grimms were also as bad in the past as hexenbiests they wiped out entire villages of innocent wesen as has been stated in the Grimm books. They also did the Royals bidding in the past in order to keep wesen beneath the Royal heal. As has been stated on the show it wasn’t unusually for grimms in the past to roam the country side lopping of any wesen head innocent or not. Even in the modern age , Kelly burckhadt attacked Monrone and Rosalee in In Nicks home in season 2 for no other reason other than them being wesen. The grimms of old were as violent and wild as any wesen on the show and the Royals appeared to be even worse than Grimms or wesen as they even ordered thier own family members murderd for power and they had everyone wesen and Grimm beneath heal.

Here is script of hank reading from the Grimm book in 2x08 that shows just how the grimms of old behaved ,there are many other examples of simlar statements throughout the show.

This entry's from 1833, the Galapagos Islands.
- Sounds like Darwin.
- Apparently One of my ancestors was on the voyage with him.
Man, this is wild.
"After sailing around the islands for two days, "we finally disembarked "and found a gentle race in residence.
"The most amazing thing about this shy, reclusive group "they were not afraid, having never seen a Grimm.
"I found them to be intelligent, compassionate "and thoroughly nonviolent, which made the dispatching of them quite easy.
"Hank Really? So your people killed innocent genio-whatever-they're-called? - Nick Different times.
- Yeah, I'll say.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s02e08

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - dicappatore - 01-28-2018

(01-28-2018, 01:30 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Adalind took Nicks powers beacuse she wanted Diania back plain and simple, she avoided confrontion without her powers because she was weak without them how exactly wound a barley 100 pound woman confront anyone physically successfully without supernatural powers. How exactly was Adalind sneaky with Nick the only thing she kept from Nick was her powers were coming back and that was done out of fear not sneakiness , if you think her sneaky for this then Juliette was sneaky for hiding her hexenbiest from Nick. Adalind told nick in season 5 she was worried Sean would use Diania against her and that the resistance had her. She also didn’t tell Nick about meeting Renard and Diania in 5x18 but once agian this was clearly done out of fear not sneakiness. She told Nick in a letter excatly why she had to leave him,that doesn’t sound very sneaky to me. Nick lied directly to Adalinds face in season 5 and he hid far more from her than she hid from him.

What about the Royals they are fully human and more conniving than any hexenbiest and a lot more ruthless than most. I never seen hexenbiest have thier own family members murderd other than Sean who is a half royal. Viktor was behind his own uncle Renards fathers death,the king told Kenneth to Murder his own son Sean if he didn’t cooperate . It’s was the Royals who cut off Kelly Burkhardts head, then put it in a box for her son to see, hexenbiests were never that sick. It’s was the Royals who ruled the world and exploited the masses, humans and wesen for centuries. The Royals tried to have Sean and his mother murderd simply for what and who they were, catherine Schade was a bad mother but compared with the Royals she was a saint, at least she never tried to have her daughter murdered. The Royals in the past used grimms to control wesen and force them to figth in thier wars. It was even said on the show a a lot of the trouble In the world in modern times is even caused by the Royals ,like stirring trouble in the Middle East in order to destabilize the world so they can become as powerful as they once were a century before. The Royals who are humans have caused far more harm to the world than any hexenbiest ever has or will.

The Royals in my opinion were the sickest people on the show, Eric had his own loyal guard of years turned into a zombie simply for fun, even Boneparte wasn’t that sick basically killing someone just for entertainment. Even Adalind flinches and is shocked at the beating Kenneth give Damerov in 4x16. Death and destruction is just as much a part of human nature as it is wesen nature, the witch trials and mummifying of wesen in ancient Egypt are just two examples of this.

Grimms were also as bad in the past as hexenbiests they wiped out entire villages of innocent wesen as has been stated in the Grimm books. They also did the Royals bidding in the past in order to keep wesen beneath the Royal heal. As has been stated on the shown it wasn’t unusually for grimms in the past to roam the country side lopping of any wesen head innocent or not. Even in the modern age , Kelly burckhadt attacked Monrone and Rosalee in In Nicks home in season 2 for no other reason other than them being wesen. The grimms of old were as violent and wild as any wesen on the show and the Royals appeared to be even worse than Grimms or wesen as they even ordered thier own family members murderd for power and they had everyone wesen and Grimm beneath heal.

Here is script of hank reading from the Grimm book in 2x08 that shows just how the grimms of old behaved ,there are many other examples of simlar statements throughout the show.

- Sounds like Darwin.
Man, this is wild.
"After sailing around the islands for two days, "we finally disembarked "and found a gentle race in residence.
"The most amazing thing about this shy, reclusive group "they were not afraid, having never seen a Grimm.
"I found them to be intelligent, compassionate "and thoroughly nonviolent, which made the dispatching of them quite easy.
"Hank Really? So your people killed innocent genio-whatever-they're-called? - Nick Different times.
- Yeah, I'll say.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s02e08

Just one thing to add to a great summation. One of the factors that tamed down modern Wesen culture was the establishment of their council. Their response to their internal issues were just as violent, if not more, than a Grimm. Just one more fact these Nick detractors seem to overlook.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - syscrash - 01-28-2018

Obviously Henry and decapitator you don't understand having an intellectual discussion. For one an intellectual discussion you from a theory and then provide facts that support that theory. In this type of discussion opinion and beliefs do not work. he is an example.
Quote:Adalind took Nicks powers beacuse she wanted Diania back plain and simple,
There is a problem with that statement. Yes victor told her take Nick powers and she could see Diana. Problem is Victor did not have Diana. Even though the character thought he did. It becomes a false statement to argue in the definitive when we know it is a misleading fact.
You also have a problem with the statement because nothing proves that she had to sleep with Nick to take his powers. We have no logical reason for the writers to use that method. From a story stand point It drives the story arc of the eventual breakup and Juliette's animosity towards Adalind.

As for the rest of your paragraph you are arguing a point. I was describing a concept. To say hexenbiest are conniving does not mean that to be conniving makes you a hexenbiest. The same with your argument about Adadlind not being confrontational. I was showing how she was different. Pointing out the reason does not change the how. Comparing her to others also does not change the how she is different.

Also you keep mixing what she is with who she is. Think of it this way. the what she is determines how she does something. why she does something is based on who she is.
example helping others is a sign of who you are. Being a programmer and solving problems logically is because of what you are. Even though solving problems logically does not make you a programmer.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 01-28-2018

(01-28-2018, 04:58 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 01:30 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Adalind took Nicks powers beacuse she wanted Diania back plain and simple, she avoided confrontion without her powers because she was weak without them how exactly wound a barley 100 pound woman confront anyone physically successfully without supernatural powers. How exactly was Adalind sneaky with Nick the only thing she kept from Nick was her powers were coming back and that was done out of fear not sneakiness , if you think her sneaky for this then Juliette was sneaky for hiding her hexenbiest from Nick. Adalind told nick in season 5 she was worried Sean would use Diania against her and that the resistance had her. She also didn’t tell Nick about meeting Renard and Diania in 5x18 but once agian this was clearly done out of fear not sneakiness. She told Nick in a letter excatly why she had to leave him,that doesn’t sound very sneaky to me. Nick lied directly to Adalinds face in season 5 and he hid far more from her than she hid from him.

What about the Royals they are fully human and more conniving than any hexenbiest and a lot more ruthless than most. I never seen hexenbiest have thier own family members murderd other than Sean who is a half royal. Viktor was behind his own uncle Renards fathers death,the king told Kenneth to Murder his own son Sean if he didn’t cooperate . It’s was the Royals who cut off Kelly Burkhardts head, then put it in a box for her son to see, hexenbiests were never that sick. It’s was the Royals who ruled the world and exploited the masses, humans and wesen for centuries. The Royals tried to have Sean and his mother murderd simply for what and who they were, catherine Schade was a bad mother but compared with the Royals she was a saint, at least she never tried to have her daughter murdered. The Royals in the past used grimms to control wesen and force them to figth in thier wars. It was even said on the show a a lot of the trouble In the world in modern times is even caused by the Royals ,like stirring trouble in the Middle East in order to destabilize the world so they can become as powerful as they once were a century before. The Royals who are humans have caused far more harm to the world than any hexenbiest ever has or will.

Grimms were also as bad in the past as hexenbiests they wiped out entire villages of innocent wesen as has been stated in the Grimm books. They also did the Royals bidding in the past in order to keep wesen beneath the Royal heal. As has been stated on the shown it wasn’t unusually for grimms in the past to roam the country side lopping of any wesen head innocent or not. Even in the modern age , Kelly burckhadt attacked Monrone and Rosalee in In Nicks home in season 2 for no other reason other than them being wesen. The grimms of old were as violent and wild as any wesen on the show and the Royals appeared to be even worse than Grimms or wesen as they even ordered thier own family members murderd for power and they had everyone wesen and Grimm beneath heal.

- Sounds like Darwin.
Man, this is wild.
- Yeah, I'll say.

Just one thing to add to a great summation. One of the factors that tamed down modern Wesen culture was the establishment of their council. Their response to their internal issues were just as violent, if not more, than a Grimm. Just one more fact these Nick detractors seem to overlook.

I agree but what people keep missing is everyone was more primal and violent in the past ,humans , grimms , wesen , the grimms and wesen of old were no better or worse than the other they were both deeply amoral in a lot of thier behavior because that’s how the world they lived in was it was a dark violent place. Nick is established as a new type of Grimm differnt than his ancestors more morale he doesn’t just go around killing innocent wesen, infact he tries to avoid killing if possible which is totally different than his ancestors. The vast majority of Modern wesen have also changed for example Monroe had urges of wildness but he was able control them and live a happy full life, Monroe’s family in the past traditionally hunted other wesen and probably humans but the seem to have moved past that as well considering the only time we see his father attacking humans is in self Defense when he is attacked outside a bar by local thugs, also that scene is a deleted scene I count it but I know some won’t. Katherine and Adalind were certainly terrible people in the first few seasons but they were saints when compared with a half Royal biest.

Renard a man who did everything for pure greed and selfishness and very rarely ever showed a hint of compassion or remorse for anything or anyone, even when his former lover Catherine was klled, Renard made sick jokes at her expense and showed zero emotion at her death. Renard took advantage of scared vunrable Juliette used her slept with her than sent her to kill the mother of his child then kicked her out of his house after sleeping with her. Joined a terrorist extremist group who fashoined themselves on the nazi’s. Murder or ordered the murder of several of his own family members without a second thought.

Kenneth was also a creep who like Renard had showed zero remorse for his actions and a laugh over people deaths, cut off a woman’s head and placed it in a box for her to son to find. Murderd Juliette and Nicks innocent Nieghbours and then goes and celebrates thier deaths by shagging Juliette in Nicks bed.

Eric was a creep who terrorized his own staff ,tortured people while laughing turned a large anount of innocent Portland residents into zombies simply to kidnapped Nick.

The king didn’t stop his wife from trying to kill his own son Sean and then also told Kenneth to Murder his own his if he didn’t help get Diania back, hardly father of the year. He rejected Sean most of his life because his wife didn’t approve of him, yet wanted his grandmother beacuse she was powerful. The king was behind most of the murders and atrocities the Royals commited on the show as he was thier boss and called the shots. He was also behind Nicks fathers death as Kimura who worked for the dragons tounge who worked for the Royals were behind Nicks fathers death.

Viktor, Viktor tortured and killed many people on the show, was happy to let a corrupt FBI agent try and murder his own cousin. Murderd the head of the verat simply for not being competent enough at his job. Told Adalind he had Diania and tortured her in a dungeon for at least a week.

These guys are as bad if not sores than the majority of wesen of the show and they are half human or fully human.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Robyn - 01-28-2018

(01-27-2018, 09:23 AM)irukandji Wrote: A question on my mind when I was thinking about this topic is, what trigger causes women like Adalind and Juliette to murder? Adalind's relationship with her mother was not a happy one, but I don't see that as the overwhelming trigger in her brain that rationalized her murder of Marie. I know she was doing it because Renard told her to, but what brought her to that point?

As someone who grew up in a loving and healthy environment, it’s difficult to relate to Adalind continuing to be so heavily influenced by her mother. But, I don’t know what it’s like being made to feel I’m a failure or being exposed to cruelty and violence from an early age. My initial impression of Adalind was that she believed acceptance and love had to be earned by whatever standard the other person dictated. She was desperate for love and acceptance, and was willing to do anything to have it. An emotionally healthy Adalind would have rationalized in S1 that Renard didn’t love her and was using her. But then, an emotionally healthy Adalind wouldn’t have stayed in constant contact with her mother. But Adalind wasn’t emotionally healthy, and never was in my personal opinion because she conducted her relationship with Nick in much the same way, never questioning if she should be responsible for proving she was worthy of Nick’s love. So I’m not surprised Adalind was willing to kill for those she loved or compelled by anger and revenge, whether Hexenbiest or human.

Sadly, Juliette falls more into ‘with Grimm, what you see is what you get’. The show’s overuse of ambiguity in exchange for easier storytelling and ample time for WoW episodes failed the character and viewers.

However, I do think a few scenes and exchanges of dialogue provides some insight. It’s feasible that the Nick/Juliette conversation wouldn’t have deteriorated so quickly had Juliette told Nick before talking with Henrietta. Because by the time Juliette told Nick, Henrietta had already reinforced any fears she had in regard to Nick being a Grimm and confirmed she couldn’t get rid of the Hexenbiest. And Nick walking out instead of expressing his unrelenting commitment ramped up Juliette’s fears. When Nick returned home and slept on the sofa, nothing short of absolute proof of his love and acceptance would have satisfied Juliette - Nick embracing and kissing the Hexenbiest.

Compound that with Adalind giving Nick a child and him protecting the Hexenbiest who had devastated their lives for years, and Juliette dove into a emotional whirlwind with nowhere to go but down. It’s irrelevant that Nick only protected Adalind because of the baby, and hope of a suppressant for Juliette. In Juliette’s overwhelmingly confused and angry mindset, Nick chose Adalind over her, and at that point Juliette chose to give in to the Hexenbiest and embrace what she was. I think that for Juliette, embracing the Hexenbiest was her way of insuring she would survive the chaos she was drowning in. And once she accepted herself as a Hexenbiest, it was a short walk to aligning with Kenneth, revenge on Adalind and Nick, and murder. Juliette no longer perceived her actions as she did when human.

(01-28-2018, 06:22 AM)syscrash Wrote: Obviously Henry and decapitator you don't understand having an intellectual discussion. For one an intellectual discussion you from a theory and then provide facts that support that theory. In this type of discussion opinion and beliefs do not work. he is an example.
Quote:Adalind took Nicks powers beacuse she wanted Diania back plain and simple,
There is a problem with that statement. Yes victor told her take Nick powers and she could see Diana. Problem is Victor did not have Diana. Even though the character thought he did. It becomes a false statement to argue in the definitive when we know it is a misleading fact.
You also have a problem with the statement because nothing proves that she had to sleep with Nick to take his powers. We have no logical reason for the writers to use that method. From a story stand point It drives the story arc of the eventual breakup and Juliette's animosity towards Adalind.

As for the rest of your paragraph you are arguing a point. I was describing a concept. To say hexenbiest are conniving does not mean that to be conniving makes you a hexenbiest. The same with your argument about Adadlind not being confrontational. I was showing how she was different. Pointing out the reason does not change the how. Comparing her to others also does not change the how she is different.

Also you keep mixing what she is with who she is. Think of it this way. the what she is determines how she does something. why she does something is based on who she is.
example helping others is a sign of who you are. Being a programmer and solving problems logically is because of what you are. Even though solving problems logically does not make you a programmer.

What utter nonsense you just wrote it is proven fact in the show Adalind did what she she did to get Diania, from Adalinds point of view Viktor had Diania and said there was a way to see Diania if she helped them with Nick using the blood of the Grimm Nick used on her agianst him. By the way do you not understand the difference to the viewers it’s a false statement because they know better Adalind doesn’t to her it’s the truth and the reason why she done excatly what Viktor asked. The writers chose to make it so the only way Adalind could take Nicks powers was by sex they never presented any other way, so for you to claim another way is pure speculation.

Below script is from 3x19
Adalind.

Adalind-I can't live without my baby.
Viktor-That's understandable.
Viktor-I have thought about it.
Adalind- If I could just see her
Viktor- I think I might be able to arrange that, but there is one thing I'd like you to do first.
Adalind-Anything.
Viktor- You remember how the Grimm took your powers away? Yes.
Viktor- It's time to return the favor.
Viktor- You have the blood of the Grimm in you.
That makes him vulnerable.

It’s was all about Diania it wasn’t about anything else other than Diania anything other than her doing it for Diania is baseless speculation.

Below Adalinds own words of why she did what she did to Nick and if you say she was lying I could just as easily say Juliette was lying when she said she didn’t know Kenneth would kill Kelly but I am not going to beacuse unlike I don’t only stick to script when it suits my narrative.

5x19 script
Adalind-He's yours.
Whether you accept this child or not, that'll never change.
Adalind- You all act like I'm responsible for everything.
Adalind-But I only did what I did to you because you took my child from me.
Adalind-He's strong, like you.
Adalind I'm going to have our baby, Nick.
Adalind-There's only one person who can stop me.

I only did what I did beacuse you took my child from me Adalinds own words.

4x02 script
Viktor- Ha! I do wish I could have seen the look on Mr.
Burkhardt's face when he realized he'd slept with you.
Viktor- How was it, by the way? I did what I had to do.
Adalind- I did it for my baby.
It wasn't fun.

Adalind telling Viktor she only did what she did to Nick for Diania.

As you can also see in the above script Viktor had already known what Adalind had to do to get Nicks powers was to sleep with him as his first words to Adalind are , ha I do wish I’d seen the look on Burkhardt face when he realized he’d slept with you and that’s is before Adalind confirmed she slept with him by saying I did it for my baby. The only thing illogical here is your nonsense statements.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s04e02

If you can point to another reason anywhere on the script Adalind gives for taking Nicks powers be my guest.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s04e19

Script from 4x19

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s03e19