Grimm Forum
Juliette and Renard's fight - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette and Renard's fight (/Thread-Juliette-and-Renard-s-fight)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Hell Rell - 11-03-2017

The next scenes have Nick, Juliette and Renard taking potions Rosalee cooked up to break the "fatal attraction spell." IMO, by the time Juliette drank the cure potion, she was fully aware of the spell. IMO, she likely knew this when Renard took her to see Monroe. That was prior to the R&J "fight."
So, HR, the answer to your question:
Quote:Juliette wasn't aware she was under a spell. How would she know that was affecting her feelings/actions like Renard did?
She did know something was suppressing her inhibitions and she was in full lustful fatal attraction to Renard. The problem was that she did nothing to suppress the attraction and ignored her inhibitions. She was too morally weak to deal with it on her own. The cure spell was temporary and in season 4 she tosses her inhibitions out the window to satisfy her lust for Renard.
N G
[/quote]

Isn't going to the Spice Shop doing something about it? Doesn't that mean Juliette was taking steps to do something about it even if she didn't know what it was?

After Rosalee came back, Juliette decided to do whatever weird thing that was asked of her. She wanted to get rid of whatever it was that was afflicting her and then she had to be gradually introduced into the wesen world which Nick wasn't forthcoming with despite staying with her. It was primarily Rosalee who helped her out with that which is odd considering she was the one Juliette had just met.

I won't even talk about season 4 because that had nothing to do with what happened in season 2. I think you're underestimating just how powerful Adalind's spell was, especially to someone ignorant of Hexenbiests like Juliette.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - dicappatore - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 05:28 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 03:52 PM)New Guy Wrote: The next scenes have Nick, Juliette and Renard taking potions Rosalee cooked up to break the "fatal attraction spell." IMO, by the time Juliette drank the cure potion, she was fully aware of the spell. IMO, she likely knew this when Renard took her to see Monroe. That was prior to the R&J "fight."
So, HR, the answer to your question:
Quote:Juliette wasn't aware she was under a spell. How would she know that was affecting her feelings/actions like Renard did?
She did know something was suppressing her inhibitions and she was in full lustful fatal attraction to Renard. The problem was that she did nothing to suppress the attraction and ignored her inhibitions. She was too morally weak to deal with it on her own. The cure spell was temporary and in season 4 she tosses her inhibitions out the window to satisfy her lust for Renard.

N G

Isn't going to the Spice Shop doing something about it? Doesn't that mean Juliette was taking steps to do something about it even if she didn't know what it was?

After Rosalee came back, Juliette decided to do whatever weird thing that was asked of her. She wanted to get rid of whatever it was that was afflicting her and then she had to be gradually introduced into the wesen world which Nick wasn't forthcoming with despite staying with her. It was primarily Rosalee who helped her out with that which is odd considering she was the one Juliette had just met.

I won't even talk about season 4 because that had nothing to do with what happened in season 2. I think you're underestimating just how powerful Adalind's spell was, especially to someone ignorant of Hexenbiests like Juliette.

But season 4 is connected to season 2. And here is why.
S4, E 17, Hibernaculum;
Scene: Renard arrives home after his fight with Kenneth.
Juliette: You gave me a key, remember?
Renard: I want it back.
Juliette: What happened to you? [She tosses the key to Renard]
Renard: I met the new Prince in town.
Juliette: Is Adalind with him?
Renard: Why?
Juliette: I'm gonna kill her.
Renard: Good idea. She's at the Deluxe Hotel. Careful, though. Kenneth is not Viktor.
Juliette: Apparently. [She starts unbuttoning her shirt]
Renard: What are you doing?
Juliette: Finishing what we started. [She takes her shirt off. She then touches Renard's lip] Does that hurt?
Renard: [He grabs Juliette's wrist] Yeah.
Juliette: So will this.
Renard: Good. [He and Juliette start kissing]

In her own words, “Finishing what we started”.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Hell Rell - 11-03-2017

I've been on this forum long enough to know that either you or NG were going to pull out that line.

Let me reiterate, Juliette and Renard's affair in season 4 had nothing to do with season 2. Juliette going to him had everything to do with Renard's mom making the potion to reverse Adalind's spell in the first half of season 4 and him being a Zauberbiest. She didn't have any prior relationship with Kenneth and slept with him too. Sleeping with Renard may have had more to do to spite Nick than her having any type of feelings for him.

Juliette and Renard didn't sleep together because their feelings for each other were real in season 2 and they wanted to know what they were missing out on. Juliette was out of control and Renard was a scumbag so they slept with each other because that's what people like that do.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - dicappatore - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 07:02 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I've been on this forum long enough to know that either you or NG were going to pull out that line.

Let me reiterate, Juliette and Renard's affair in season 4 had nothing to do with season 2. Juliette going to him had everything to do with Renard's mom making the potion to reverse Adalind's spell in the first half of season 4 and him being a Zauberbiest. She didn't have any prior relationship with Kenneth and slept with him too. Sleeping with Renard may have had more to do to spite Nick than her having any type of feelings for him.

Juliette and Renard didn't sleep together because their feelings for each other were real in season 2 and they wanted to know what they were missing out on. Juliette was out of control and Renard was a scumbag so they slept with each other because that's what people like that do.

But, HR, by season 4, she was well aware what Renard’s pulling strings that screwed up her life in more ways from what Nick did for her. If she wanted to screw someone to spite Nick, why not some of his friends, neighbors or a co-worker. Why a guy that was instrumental in causing much of her previous agony?

If Nick was responsible for her becoming a Hex because Adalind was looking to please Viktor, by taking his grim away? Wasn’t Renard part of the gang that plotted to get Diana away from Adalind and to Kelly?

I will agree with your:
Quote:Juliette was out of control and Renard was a scumbag so they slept with each other because that's what people like that do.

BTW, it is a pleasure to disagree with an intelligent rational contributor that was paying attention to the show.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - brandon - 11-04-2017

she was looking to hurt Nick,besides crossing its limits.
a fool and evil.For being a "Hexenbiest" did not have to act like that,that would believe her.
Nick did not become a murderer because he was a "GRIMM".
Renard had a weakness for "Hexenbiest".

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Devegs - 11-04-2017

(11-03-2017, 07:02 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Juliette going to him had everything to do with Renard's mom making the potion to reverse Adalind's spell...

This I believe was Juliette's reasoning when she went to Sean. It turned out to be a mistake and he took advantage of the situation instead. But, didn't Renard still had his scooby pass at the time? The scoobies had not revoked the temporary pass they had given him. At the time, the scoobies had relied on Renard and his mom with getting Nick's grimm back. Juliette was working on that premise; that Renard would still be helpful and he did point her in the direction of Henrietta. With hindsight as JuliEve, she probably realized that going to Sean first and trying to fix things on her own without Nick had been a terrible move.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Hell Rell - 11-04-2017

(11-04-2017, 08:48 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:02 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Juliette going to him had everything to do with Renard's mom making the potion to reverse Adalind's spell...

This I believe was Juliette's reasoning when she went to Sean. It turned out to be a mistake and he took advantage of the situation instead. But, didn't Renard still had his scooby pass at the time? The scoobies had not revoked the temporary pass they had given him. At the time, the scoobies had relied on Renard and his mom with getting Nick's grimm back. Juliette was working on that premise; that Renard would still be helpful and he did point her in the direction of Henrietta. With hindsight as JuliEve, she probably realized that going to Sean first and trying to fix things on her own without Nick had been a terrible move.

Renard did still have his Scooby pass at the time. This happened not long after he joined them to take out the Wesenrein. Juliette was the one who wanted to keep it a secret and Renard complied. He took advantage of the situation being the scumbag he is though it was nothing too awful until he didn't turn away her advances. The only thing he asked of her was to open the Hexenbiest book.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - dicappatore - 11-04-2017

If you surmise the last three posts, you can summarize why I hated these two characters. In my preferred Fan-fiction re-write, both, Sean and Juliette would have been killed in that last episode by the “Z” guy, permanently. Can I make it any clearer?