Grimm Forum
Juliette and Renard's fight - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette and Renard's fight (/Thread-Juliette-and-Renard-s-fight)

Pages: 1 2 3

Juliette and Renard's fight - WispyWillow - 11-01-2017

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - New Guy - 11-02-2017

Hi Wispy,
Was that a fight? Or was it some hate sex that Juliette finished in 4.17, "Hibernaculum."
Why didn't Nick follow Renard inside and see how loyal his "boss" and "girlfriend" are to him?
N G

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - rpmaluki - 11-02-2017

I don't particularly blame Juliette and Renard for their actions during this particular plot because we know they were not in full control of their faculties, their attraction and its consequence. They were under a spell, which I assume would have ended in either of their deaths, if not both.

What happens in S4 is completely different. They were in full control and yes it was a call back to the obsession plot. In S2 they weren't in control and yet stopped short of sleeping together compared to S4 where they went all the way because they wanted to.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Hell Rell - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 05:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't particularly blame Juliette and Renard for their actions during this particular plot because we know they were not in full control of their faculties, their attraction and its consequence. They were under a spell, which I assume would have ended in either of their deaths, if not both.

What happens in S4 is completely different. They were in full control and yes it was a call back to the obsession plot. In S2 they weren't in control and yet stopped short of sleeping together compared to S4 where they went all the way because they wanted to.

The first was out of their control and the latter wasn't as you already described so I won't waste your time repeating it. I've always disagreed with anyone who held that against Juliette because there really is no way she can be blamed for those escapades. She should be commended for going as far to fire off a couple of shots to put a stop to it and doing otherwise is completely unfair despite how someone may feel about her character. Blaming her for this will make someone look very bias.

I get that there are a lot of Juliette vs. Adalind threads on this forum and some that hate or clearly don't particularly like either character but let's try to be fair here. I think the above post is a prime example of being fair and observant.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - dicappatore - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 06:17 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 05:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't particularly blame Juliette and Renard for their actions during this particular plot because we know they were not in full control of their faculties, their attraction and its consequence. They were under a spell, which I assume would have ended in either of their deaths, if not both.

The first was out of their control and the latter wasn't as you already described so I won't waste your time repeating it. I've always disagreed with anyone who held that against Juliette because there really is no way she can be blamed for those escapades. She should be commended for going as far to fire off a couple of shots to put a stop to it and doing otherwise is completely unfair despite how someone may feel about her character. Blaming her for this will make someone look very bias.

I get that there are a lot of Juliette vs. Adalind threads on this forum and some that hate or clearly don't particularly like either character but let's try to be fair here. I think the above post is a prime example of being fair and observant.

My problem with Juliette is not that she was under a spell in S2. What was happening was understandable. But again, the spell released a Juliette with a completely different personality that we saw in the previous season.

The potion made her forget Nick and become infatuated with Renard, it did not change her personality. With all the proof she had of her forgotten relationship, from her friends and so many photographs, she should have handled herself a little more understanding prior to her initial awareness of Sean.

The two other points I wish to make are, first. Given how patient Nick was for her to come around, Almost a whole season’s worth. When It came her turn, to show some patience. He got one night and one day.

Second, where was the appreciation from Juliette and Renard following S2 for what Nick did, while those two were swapping spit. He continued being true, while under duress of being cheated on. With the help of the Scobies, he persevered and stuck with her and basically saved both of their lives.

As I recall, if that infatuation they had for each other continued, it would have ended in death for both. To all you Juliette fans. Where is the respect and appreciation of such a selfish act from her and all you Juliette fans, when the chips were down during S4?

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - New Guy - 11-02-2017

Hi Forum,
Borrowing from Wikipedia:
Quote:Grimm is an American fantasy police procedural drama television series...
It has been described as "a cop drama—with a twist... a dark and fantastical project about a world in which characters inspired by Grimms' Fairy Tales exist", although the stories and characters inspiring the show are also drawn from other sources.
Several "twists" come up, potions, spells and spirits. In the hate sex scene in post #1 Renard and Juliette have taken potions and may be under some kind of spell. Several on the Forum give them a pass for their disloyalty to Nick. In particular Renard had no business pursuing Juliette. He had professional, ethical and moral obligations to Nick which he violated. If Juliette wanted to whore around she should have moved out of Nick's house.
I do not give any of the characters a pass for unacceptable behavior. Another thread discusses the possibility that Hexenette was posesed by some hexen spirit and should be excused for all her vile acts of murder, mayhem and violence. Bunkum. They are fully responsible for their actions regardless of any potion, spell or spirit. If people are not accountable then the multiple DWI boozer who slams into your car, killing your spouse and children should be declared innocent since he (she) was under the influence. Bunkum!
N G

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Henry of green - 11-02-2017

NG, I certainly think she was responsible for all her vile acts as hexenette because as I have stated in my other thread I don't think she was possessed completely ,so I hold her accountable for her acts as hexentte.

I think your being very harsh here ,NG, beacuse the situation is here so much different than the later hexentte situation beacuse here she's actually under an enchantment ,her boby was literally forcing her to do things with Renard she didn't want to do ,she didn't have free will in that situation . She also managed so how to take control of the situation by grabbing a gun and forcing Renard to leave so you have to give her some credit for that at least.

I agree with you though in season 2 overall she was pretty annoying and treated Nick like garbage in his own home but to be fair she literally had no memories of him. For most of the season he was a stranger to her so can you really blame her for being cold to him.

I agree with you though I think the house belonged to Nick and she should have been the one moving out if anyone had to move out.

NG, The only person Sean has Loyalty and obligations to is himself beacuse he's a piece of crap who only cared about power but even he in this situation isn't really at fault beacuse he is also under an enchantment . In season 4 he shows what a piece of garbage he really is by willing shaging Juliette but in this season he doesn't willingly do anything he's under a spell.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - Hell Rell - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 10:18 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
It has been described as "a cop drama—with a twist... a dark and fantastical project about a world in which characters inspired by Grimms' Fairy Tales exist", although the stories and characters inspiring the show are also drawn from other sources.
Several "twists" come up, potions, spells and spirits. In the hate sex scene in post #1 Renard and Juliette have taken potions and may be under some kind of spell. Several on the Forum give them a pass for their disloyalty to Nick. In particular Renard had no business pursuing Juliette. He had professional, ethical and moral obligations to Nick which he violated. If Juliette wanted to whore around she should have moved out of Nick's house.
I do not give any of the characters a pass for unacceptable behavior. Another thread discusses the possibility that Hexenette was possessed by some hexen spirit and should be excused for all her vile acts of murder, mayhem and violence. Bunkum. They are fully responsible for their actions regardless of any potion, spell or spirit. If people are not accountable then the multiple DWI boozer who slams into your car, killing your spouse and children should be declared innocent since he (she) was under the influence. Bunkum!
N G

Nick being enchanted with the Musai is similar to what happened to Juliette. I don't think he or anyone who fell under her spell should be held accountable either. They had little to no control over their own actions. Their autonomy was taken away from them.

I know this wouldn't console any of the family and friends of victims but I think you're being a little harsh here.

For example, I don't give anyone a pass for anything they do while drunk because they decided to get drunk in the first place. However, what if that person is someone who never drinks but had their drink spiked with potent alcohol? Is it fair to hold that person responsible for everything they did while drunk? They didn't even plan on drinking, let alone get drunk, but some asshole decided to spike their drink. Doe this person deserve your ire?

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - dicappatore - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 03:18 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 10:18 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
I do not give any of the characters a pass for unacceptable behavior. Another thread discusses the possibility that Hexenette was possessed by some hexen spirit and should be excused for all her vile acts of murder, mayhem and violence. Bunkum. They are fully responsible for their actions regardless of any potion, spell or spirit. If people are not accountable then the multiple DWI boozer who slams into your car, killing your spouse and children should be declared innocent since he (she) was under the influence. Bunkum!
N G

Nick being enchanted with the Musai is similar to what happened to Juliette. I don't think he or anyone who fell under her spell should be held accountable either. They had little to no control over their own actions. Their autonomy was taken away from them.

I know this wouldn't console any of the family and friends of victims but I think you're being a little harsh here.

For example, I don't give anyone a pass for anything they do while drunk because they decided to get drunk in the first place. However, what if that person is someone who never drinks but had their drink spiked with potent alcohol? Is it fair to hold that person responsible for everything they did while drunk? They didn't even plan on drinking, let alone get drunk, but some asshole decided to spike their drink. Doe this person deserve your ire?

(11-02-2017, 01:23 PM)Henry of green Wrote: NG, I certainly think she was responsible for all her vile acts as hexenette because as I have stated in my other thread I don't think she was possessed completely ,so I hold her accountable for her acts as hexentte.

I think your being very harsh here ,NG, beacuse the situation is here so much different than the later hexentte situation beacuse here she's actually under an enchantment ,her boby was literally forcing her to do things with Renard she didn't want to do ,she didn't have free will in that situation . She also managed so how to take control of the situation by grabbing a gun and forcing Renard to leave so you have to give her some credit for that at least.

I agree with you though in season 2 overall she was pretty annoying and treated Nick like garbage in his own home but to be fair she literally had no memories of him. For most of the season he was a stranger to her so can you really blame her for being cold to him.

I agree with you though I think the house belonged to Nick and she should have been the one moving out if anyone had to move out.

NG, The only person Sean has Loyalty and obligations to is himself beacuse he's a piece of crap who only cared about power but even he in this situation isn't really at fault beacuse he is also under an enchantment . In season 4 he shows what a piece of garbage he really is by willing shaging Juliette but in this season he doesn't willingly do anything he's under a spell.

Henry and HR, you two make lots of sense on what happened to her in S2 until she comes home from the hospital and a few days later, she asks Nick if she should have moved out.

IMO, that should have not been a question but a response with deed. She didn't remember the guy yet she going to sleep in his bed and exclude him out of that same bed? Then, move out, period.

Only a hoe bitch would live in a guy’s home and dictate where he can sleep while she is going out, gallivanting with her girlfriends and ridicule him, behind his back, for his “lost puppy” look when he came home.

I don’t blame her for her eventual obsession with Sean. But that obsession did not happen the day she came home. It happened a few episodes later.

Would you have put up with that bull? Nick did, because he did love her. More proof of her over-reaction to Nick when she becomes a Hex. An honest honorable woman would have moved out. She was a professional. A Vet, and well capable to be on her own.

Why force a guy to sleep on the couch in his own house? I am sure, Nick the gentleman, he was probably insisted, at first. She should have moved out after a week or two, once she realized, her memories of him were not happening.

RE: Juliette and Renard's fight - New Guy - 11-03-2017

(11-02-2017, 03:18 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick being enchanted with the Musai is similar to what happened to Juliette. I don't think he or anyone who fell under her spell should be held accountable either. They had little to no control over their own actions. Their autonomy was taken away from them.

Hello HR,
Yes people are responsible for their actions. A society that does not hold people accountable has anarchy. Anything goes without consequence.
Your spiked drink example is incomplete. If the person drinks it, becomes intoxicated, calls a cab and goes home is one way to leave them innocent. If instead they commit an act of violence then plead innocence because they were intoxicated they deserve prosecution for the crime. Would you give them a pass if the intoxicated person attacked, raped or murdered your child?
It isn't the alcohol, drugs, spell, potion or "evil spirit" that is responsible, it is the perpetrator of the crime. Nick knows that and wanted to confess to killing the guy in the bar while under the influence of zombie madness.
N G