Grimm Forum
Zerstorer - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Zerstorer (/Thread-Zerstorer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Zerstorer - silver - 06-27-2017

I thought it was very strange that when he came to Portland, Zerstorer acted like a big dumb hick - he just kept repeating what people said, the car driving by and yelling at him and the 'kids' on the street. I'm trying to figure out why he did that - seemed to be no rhyme or reason to portray him as a big dummy or robotic. *shrug*
Confused

RE: Zerstorer - rpmaluki - 06-27-2017

He was learning to blend in, he's from a strange dimension where they spoke archaic Germany. I'm thinking he's a fast learner and so we saw him mimic the English language, tragically from a bunch of hipster kids. It's like Ultron from the Avengers or Lilo from the Fifth Element learning the English language from the Internet but on this show Zerstörer wasn't plugged into the Internet, he used the next worst thing.

RE: Zerstorer - silver - 06-27-2017

Okay yeah, makes sense now.

Loved Ultron (who didn't).

RE: Zerstorer - irukandji - 06-28-2017

(06-27-2017, 11:44 AM)silver Wrote: I thought it was very strange that when he came to Portland, Zerstorer acted like a big dumb hick - he just kept repeating what people said, the car driving by and yelling at him and the 'kids' on the street. I'm trying to figure out why he did that - seemed to be no rhyme or reason to portray him as a big dummy or robotic. *shrug*
Confused

I wondered the same thing. In fact, when my husband and I were watching it, he asked why someone just didn't run him over with their vehicle.

I actually would have liked to have known more about the Z. For instance, why is he a destroyer? He's been around for centuries. If he's a destroyer I would have though he'd have gotten around to destroying something major by now. He also seems to keep up with fashion trends. Hundreds of years ago he dressed like a monk, according to Monroe's book. Yet when Nick and Eve encounter him, he's in what appear to be jeans.

I was disappointed with the way the series at first made this creature something to be terrified of, then slowly peeled the character apart to where he was really no big deal.

RE: Zerstorer - silver - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 08:14 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 11:44 AM)silver Wrote: I thought it was very strange that when he came to Portland, Zerstorer acted like a big dumb hick - he just kept repeating what people said, the car driving by and yelling at him and the 'kids' on the street. I'm trying to figure out why he did that - seemed to be no rhyme or reason to portray him as a big dummy or robotic. *shrug*
Confused

I wondered the same thing. In fact, when my husband and I were watching it, he asked why someone just didn't run him over with their vehicle.

I actually would have liked to have known more about the Z. For instance, why is he a destroyer? He's been around for centuries. If he's a destroyer I would have though he'd have gotten around to destroying something major by now. He also seems to keep up with fashion trends. Hundreds of years ago he dressed like a monk, according to Monroe's book. Yet when Nick and Eve encounter him, he's in what appear to be jeans.

I was disappointed with the way the series at first made this creature something to be terrified of, then slowly peeled the character apart to where he was really no big deal.

Hah, maybe in L.A. or NYC someone would've run him over.

I wondered the same thing - how close is he to being Satan - I do think that any satanic type character IRL or fictional - their powers come from getting others to do his dirty work and not to mention just willingly hand over their 'stuff' to him - like he had to be given the stick or it 'didn't count' if he took it on his own volition. Interesting.

RE: Zerstorer - dicappatore - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 08:51 PM)silver Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 08:14 PM)irukandji Wrote:
Confused

Hah, maybe in L.A. or NYC someone would've run him over.

I wondered the same thing - how close is he to being Satan - I do think that any satanic type character IRL or fictional - their powers come from getting others to do his dirty work and not to mention just willingly hand over their 'stuff' to him - like he had to be given the stick or it 'didn't count' if he took it on his own volition. Interesting.

In NYC, he would have gotten at least "The Finger" Like I did once to George Gobel: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0323597/

He was trying to get in my cab while I was waiting on a hotel hack line on 6th Ave and hoping for an airport job. He was too lazy to hail a cruising cab. I was on a hack line and by law, I could wait for my turn and allowed to refuse passengers off the street. So I gave him the NYC hello wave ( ,,l,- ) and told him to go flock him self.

RE: Zerstorer - irukandji - 06-29-2017

(06-28-2017, 08:51 PM)silver Wrote: Hah, maybe in L.A. or NYC someone would've run him over.

The way they were talking, he seemed to be at least the equivalent of Satan. So why then continue with such a weak story where he's portrayed as rather an oaf like creature, only to be defeated by delusional Nick?

RE: Zerstorer - silver - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 04:24 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 08:51 PM)silver Wrote: Hah, maybe in L.A. or NYC someone would've run him over.

The way they were talking, he seemed to be at least the equivalent of Satan. So why then continue with such a weak story where he's portrayed as rather an oaf like creature, only to be defeated by delusional Nick?

Um, I was trying to explain how the 'Devil' really works by making others do his bidding and offer up their goodies to him without the devil twisting any arms. People don't seem to realize how it works.
That way, Satan can retain his innocence (in a manner of speaking) and radiant charm while bringing others crashing down. (And this is why I put Adalind in the category of satanic because she's never bothered by her own conscience - since she seems not to have any. I'm neutral about her and Nick 'falling in love' - love has NO MEANING to her - it's all appearances in her mind.)

His initial oafishness was explained using Ultron as an example of why he acted that way when he first arrived.

Nick wasn't delusional after the visits from Aunt Marie and Momma Kelly, was he?

P.S. To decappatore: You're originally from NYC, aren't you?

RE: Zerstorer - dicappatore - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 09:11 AM)silver Wrote: P.S. To decappatore: You're originally from NYC, aren't you?

Grew up and lived there for about 30 years. Originally from Europe. Some photos of the town I am from

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6591303269_e3d11cd043_z.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/38577038.jpg
http://image.3bmeteo.com/images/user_foto/w_1280/36711453364085.jpg
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/95189429.jpg

There was a big time project and they re-built the medieval castle.

RE: Zerstorer - Devegs - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 09:11 AM)silver Wrote: Um, I was trying to explain how the 'Devil' really works by making others do his bidding and offer up their goodies to him without the devil twisting any arms. People don't seem to realize how it works.
That way, Satan can retain his innocence (in a manner of speaking) and radiant charm while bringing others crashing down.

I agree with your assessment of Satan's powers. I see the devil that way too.

Quote:(And this is why I put Adalind in the category of satanic because she's never bothered by her own conscience - since she seems not to have any. I'm neutral about her and Nick 'falling in love' - love has NO MEANING to her - it's all appearances in her mind.)

Woah! This I don't agree with. Satan is the vilest, most evil character ever. Hence, he IS the devil. Some people come close to being placed in this category and can be called satanic. Probably someone like Bonaparte. I won't even call royals satanic, even though Eric was truly evil. Adalind was definitely evil when she was, but satanic? Hmm...

Anyway, that was so two seasons past don't you think? Or do you think she has been pulling a con on Nick for the past two seasons and twenty years later too?