Grimm Forum
What plot lines do you think were changed? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What plot lines do you think were changed? (/Thread-What-plot-lines-do-you-think-were-changed)

What plot lines do you think were changed? - WispyWillow - 06-10-2017

What plot lines do you think were altered or dropped because of backstage changes?

james frain not coming back after season 2
- eric renard killed
- original plan for baby diana
- zombie nick

Bree Turner's pregnancy
- rosalee, monroe, and angelina triangle
- juliette's amnesia

RE: What plot lines do you think were changed? - MarylikesGrimm - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 02:34 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: What plot lines do you think were altered or dropped because of backstage changes?

James Frain (plays Eric Renard) not coming back after season 2
- Eric Renard killed
- original plan for baby diana
- zombie nick

Bree Turner's (plays Rosalee) pregnancy and having to leave work earlier than expected
- rosalee, monroe, and angelina triangle
- juliette's amnesia

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio not coming back for season 5
- mama Kelly was killed
- Nick had to raise his baby with no help from his mom or ex-girlfriend

RE: What plot lines do you think were changed? - jsgrimm45 - 06-11-2017

Now that we have the complete story told I'm not sure they changed a lot of the storylines. Like IMO Adalind was always going to end up with Nick, maybe not with a baby they just used Kelly to speed this up. Juliette was either going to be killed off or made a hexenbiest, so the plot didn't change just which line they were going to use.

I do think some character were going to a one and done thing but the fans letters change their mind so the character was changed to fill the fans request. I can think of Bud and Meisner.

Things the were forced to change like Mom Kelly and Viktor were unplanned so yes those had to change. Now Mary went to the tv series Limitless because it was to be full time so we don't know what was planned for her character.

Some on the forum have a background in these thing so they could be the ones to let us know when a series starts is there a general outline up to the ending that is refined or is the no general outline that first or second season to see what the fans want?

RE: What plot lines do you think were changed? - MarylikesGrimm - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 06:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now that we have the complete story told I'm not sure they changed a lot of the storylines. Like IMO Adalind was always going to end up with Nick, maybe not with a baby they just used Kelly to speed this up. Juliette was either going to be killed off or made a hexenbiest, so the plot didn't change just which line they were going to use.

I do think some character were going to a one and done thing but the fans letters change their mind so the character was changed to fill the fans request. I can think of Bud and Meisner.

Things the were forced to change like Mom Kelly and Viktor were unplanned so yes those had to change. Now Mary went to the tv series Limitless because it was to be full time so we don't know what was planned for her character.

Some on the forum have a background in these thing so they could be the ones to let us know when a series starts is there a general outline up to the ending that is refined or is the no general outline that first or second season to see what the fans want?

G&K like to make writing decisions often at the last minute but leave different "clues" so it looks like things were planned all along when they were not. My understanding is both G&K "help" other writers in panels and classes and such with this writing style.

RE: What plot lines do you think were changed? - wfmyers1207 - 06-11-2017

I do think there were several story lines changed. That's why they were so abruptly dropped.

1) The Coins Of Zakynthos were at first intended to play a more important role in the series going forward. But then, for whatever reason G&K changed their minds and just made them disappear.

2) I think they originally intended to bring Ariel back. Which is why her character survived her apparent immolation.

3) In the S5 deleted scenes there is one where Monroe and Rosalee discuss the possibility the the relic was a religious artifact. Perhaps part of the True Cross or the staff of Moses. I think G&K dropped the idea for PC reasons. Or maybe the network vetoed it for that reason.

4) The idea of making Renard the big bad of S6. It started out that way, but then they dropped it. I think those first 3 episodes were written before they got the formal announcement of the show's cancellation. Remember, that didn't happen until late August of last year. They were probably already filming. Dodgy

RE: What plot lines do you think were changed? - irukandji - 06-12-2017

1. The house. It originally was Juliette's house and that would make sense with her profession.