Grimm Forum
Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships (/Thread-Adalind-Nick-vs-Juliette-Nick-Relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - irukandji - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 04:21 AM)wesen Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 07:50 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think that's the case. It wouldn't be the first time David and Bitsie replaced Nick and Eve in S6. In terms of the story, the writers wrote Nick as in love with Adalind throughout the S6 but certain scenes like the one you just described, because of how it looks (the interaction between David and Bitsie) it comes across as though Nick is still holding out a candle for Juliette but that was never the case. It's likely unintentional but couldn't be helped at the same time.

And this is why I have a problem with co stars dating each other whilst they're supposed to be not together on screen. Unless they're very good actors, it comes through that something more is going on between them even though it wasn't intended. This only reinforced my belief that the David and Bitsie are not as good in the acting department as Claire. I found her believable even when she was acting like the stereotypical villain, and when she was acting like a desperate mother looking for her baby. I also bought her falling in love with Nick the character, the way she looked at him and acted towards him was of a woman who was in love. Same thing with Silas, I totally bought him as a hippie vegetarian reformed blutbad. I don't know if that's what his actual personality is in real life, but it just seemed realistic to me. Another actor who I thought was very talented was Sasha. I thought that he really embodied his role as Renard, I loved that he never played his character as an over the top villain. What impressed me the most about him though was when he made me believe he was Nick trapped in Renard's body, and that he was Eve pretending to be Renard.

To be honest, this post really surprises me. I've been reading nothing but comments on how Nick really loves Adalind. Where did you see hints that Bitsie and David (as Eve and Nick) had more of a thing going on screen than Adalind and Nick?

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - wesen - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 03:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 07:50 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think that's the case. It wouldn't be the first time David and Bitsie replaced Nick and Eve in S6. In terms of the story, the writers wrote Nick as in love with Adalind throughout the S6 but certain scenes like the one you just described, because of how it looks (the interaction between David and Bitsie) it comes across as though Nick is still holding out a candle for Juliette but that was never the case. It's likely unintentional but couldn't be helped at the same time.

And this is why I have a problem with co stars dating each other whilst they're supposed to be not together on screen. Unless they're very good actors, it comes through that something more is going on between them even though it wasn't intended. This only reinforced my belief that the David and Bitsie are not as good in the acting department as Claire. I found her believable even when she was acting like the stereotypical villain, and when she was acting like a desperate mother looking for her baby. I also bought her falling in love with Nick the character, the way she looked at him and acted towards him was of a woman who was in love. Same thing with Silas, I totally bought him as a hippie vegetarian reformed blutbad. I don't know if that's what his actual personality is in real life, but it just seemed realistic to me. Another actor who I thought was very talented was Sasha. I thought that he really embodied his role as Renard, I loved that he never played his character as an over the top villain. What impressed me the most about him though was when he made me believe he was Nick trapped in Renard's body, and that he was Eve pretending to be Renard.

To be honest, this post really surprises me. I've been reading nothing but comments on how Nick really loves Adalind. Where did you see hints that Bitsie and David (as Eve and Nick) had more of a thing going on screen than Adalind and Nick?

I was referring to the discussion posts between dicappatore and rpmaluki.

(09-28-2017, 03:40 PM)wesen Wrote:

Yes, I got that, but thank you for clarifying. I thought from the tone of your post, you saw something as well. For me, nothing in their real life relationship translated to the screen, so I am perfectly fine with co-stars dating. I don't find anyone in the series to be a good actor with the exception of Sasha.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - wesen - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 03:50 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 03:40 PM)wesen Wrote:

Yes, I got that, but thank you for clarifying. I thought from the tone of your post, you saw something as well. For me, nothing in their real life relationship translated to the screen, so I am perfectly fine with co-stars dating. I don't find anyone in the series to be a good actor with the exception of Sasha.

I don't like the idea of co-stars dating each other if they're working on a series together because as mentioned, it can affect their acting on screen, particularly if they're not meant to be an on screen couple. It also adds unnecessary drama to the show or film, like what happened with Twilight and their lead stars. The only co-stars turned real life couple that I actually liked were Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, and that was because they only dated after the show was over. I also did see hints of David and Bitsie's real life romance onscreen myself. Like what dicappatore mentioned, the hug at the end with JuliEve was a bit too intimate imo for a couple who are now 'just friends'. Maybe that's part of the reason why some people seem to still be a bit confused as to who Nick actually 'loves' even at the end. It reminds me of Dawson's Creek Joey and Pacey, who acted more believable in their roles as a couple than Joey and Dawson, because the actors did date in real life. It wasn't even really acting anymore. Yes, Sasha was probably the best actor in the show, but I thought Claire really portrayed her character on screen quite well. She showed a lot of emotion even with just her eyes, like when Nick finally told her he loved her, and when she ran out of the police precinct and cried out for her baby. I thought David was at his best during the physical fights. As for Bitsie, I've already expressed my distaste for her lack of expressions in earlier seasons. That's why imo she played Eve so well, her robotic persona fit her acting skills. That's also why I can actually appreciate the acting skills of Leo Dicaprio and Claire Danes, because they acted so believably in love in Romeo and Juliet despite their animosity towards each other in real life.

(09-28-2017, 05:09 PM)wesen Wrote: Like what dicappatore mentioned, the hug at the end with JuliEve was a bit too intimate imo for a couple who are now 'just friends'. Maybe that's part of the reason why some people seem to still be a bit confused as to who Nick actually 'loves' even at the end.

Nick used his stick to heal Eve's gut an then pursued her into the mirrored world. They fought the big Z together. After all of that, a hug just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I would have been disappointed if he hadn't hugged her.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Hell Rell - 09-30-2017

I never got any indication of Nick and Juliette having more feelings for each other in any scene. I was more worried about the show's direction because I didn't trust the writers not to put them back together. It wasn't their acting or real life feelings slipping through that concerned me.

I actually feel different about real life couples acting together than the posters here. I don't like them working together either but I feel that way because I don't want writers to be tempted to put them together because of their relationship. I often find that whatever chemistry they may have in real life doesn't translate onscreen. I've seen a few shows that tried this and failed miserably. It only gets worse if there's a breakup during the show.

Most of all, I don't want actual couples dictating any storylines in a show. I can't help but feel that happens more often then we know in entertainment. Actors getting more or less screentime together because of their actual relationship is something I wish didn't happen at all.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - rpmaluki - 09-30-2017

(09-30-2017, 01:51 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Most of all, I don't want actual couples dictating any storylines in a show. I can't help but feel that happens more often then we know in entertainment. Actors getting more or less screentime together because of their actual relationship is something I wish didn't happen at all.
I feel the same. Actors can get together or even break up. It's their business. I don't particularly care all that much about actors' private lives so long as it has zero effects on the show I am watching.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Henry of green - 11-19-2017

I never seen much at all in the hug he give Juliette at the end he was just glad she was alive, he give hank and trouble even longer and more intense hugs than the one he give Juliette. He also embraced Adalind 3 times in that scene kissed her ,checked her ring finger couldn’t take his eyes off her even grab her hand again straight after hugging Juliette then hugs her warmly then the rest of the gang joins in around Nick and Adalind embracing. I really don’t see how any one could say that scene demonstrates he has romantic feelings for Juliette when none of his boby language even hinted that was the case.