Grimm Forum
Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships (/Thread-Adalind-Nick-vs-Juliette-Nick-Relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Loona - 06-18-2017

And just because Kenneth said it, it must be true...who know with whom Adalind had sex with and where really the baby daddy is.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - rpmaluki - 06-18-2017

Adalind's reaction when she heard she was pregnant pretty much gave away Nick's identity as the father. The Royals simply guessed it was Nick after she tried to link the baby to Viktor.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Hell Rell - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 07:25 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind's reaction when she heard she was pregnant pretty much gave away Nick's identity as the father. The Royals simply guessed it was Nick after she tried to link the baby to Viktor.

That's a good point. Adalind saying Viktor was the father is what confirmed Kenneth's thoughts on the identity of the baby's father.

(06-18-2017, 05:22 PM)Loona Wrote: And just because Kenneth said it, it must be true...who know with whom Adalind had sex with and where really the baby daddy is.

There was nothing disputing what Kenneth said about Viktor. It wasn't ambiguous. Viktor being sterile has to be taken as fact.

Let's not start this again. We know who Adalind slept with already. Nick being the father has never been in debate. She didn't sleep with anyone else from the time Diana was born.

I really hope Nick being the father or not doesn't turn into another debate. We have plenty of things to debate but this isn't one of them.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - dicappatore - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 07:53 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 07:25 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind's reaction when she heard she was pregnant pretty much gave away Nick's identity as the father. The Royals simply guessed it was Nick after she tried to link the baby to Viktor.

That's a good point. Adalind saying Viktor was the father is what confirmed Kenneth's thoughts on the identity of the baby's father.

(06-18-2017, 05:22 PM)Loona Wrote: And just because Kenneth said it, it must be true...who know with whom Adalind had sex with and where really the baby daddy is.

There was nothing disputing what Kenneth said about Viktor. It wasn't ambiguous. Viktor being sterile has to be taken as fact.

Let's not start this again. We know who Adalind slept with already. Nick being the father has never been in debate. She didn't sleep with anyone else from the time Diana was born.

I really hope Nick being the father or not doesn't turn into another debate. We have plenty of things to debate but this isn't one of them.

OK thanks I went back to that part and I see. Kenneth took a chance with Adalind and she didn't deny it. It was nice to go over those few episodes and see the death of Ken again

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Renardfan99 - 06-19-2017

(06-17-2017, 10:02 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 04:32 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:25 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:24 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: She was relegated to domestic houseguest while Nick remained in the forefront as "the grimm".

Exactly a mother is often seen has only a domestic houseguest by many people and cultures. Raising magical children is pointless to them.

Juliette also remained in the background to Nick, "the grimm".

Uh. The show was called, "GRIMM!" and not Nick's girlfriend.

And your point would be?

I said the show was called, "Grimm!" Big Grin And Nick was the titled and lead character of the show. Juliette should have died at the end of s1.Tongue

(06-17-2017, 04:58 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 04:32 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:25 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:24 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: She was relegated to domestic houseguest while Nick remained in the forefront as "the grimm".

Exactly a mother is often seen has only a domestic houseguest by many people and cultures. Raising magical children is pointless to them.

Juliette also remained in the background to Nick, "the grimm".

Uh. The show was called, "GRIMM!" and not Nick's girlfriend.

NICE reply Ren!! You hit that nail on the head!

Thanks. I was furious once the writers tried to write special snowflakes (Adalind, Diana and Juliette) to be all "that" when the lead of the show was a "Grimm!" Nick should have been taking names and kicking tail every chance he got after sending the reaper's heads back to Germany!Big Grin

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Robyn - 06-19-2017

Quote:I always saw Nick and Juliette as siblings and saw no chemistry between the two characters. The first look between Nick and Adalind and scenes between Adalind and Renard showed the most chemistry between the characters.
I didn’t see them as siblings, but felt that even in the pilot they had already settled into a sort of ‘old married couple’ comfortable routine and their relationship was more about friendship and reliability than romance and sexual desire.

Quote:Once Rosalie joined the show, it became clear IMO that Juliette was just too bland and should have died at the end of s1. Rosalie and Adalind were female characters that the show should have focused on. Adalind should have been the bad girl hexenbiest that fell in love with Nick the Grimm and she evolved overtime without all of the rape crap or babies. I don't have a problem with Renard being a player!
Agree for the most part, but I’d prefer the realization and admission of love to be held back for several seasons. IMO, G & K can’t write/develop complicated characterization, and that coupled with Adalind originally planned as a one-arc character left much to be desired in her evolution as well as the other characters.

Not sure Juliette dying was the answer but would have appreciated G & K allowing an educated and financially independent female character to not immediately swallow Nick’s bizarre tale hook, line, and sinker. That, along with Nick’s believable need to distance her from the dangers of his new lifestyle would have created a huge gap between Nick and Juliette while allowing a Juliette/Nick/Adalind triangle to naturally form over time.

The way the characters and romance were written, I didn’t see much chemistry between Nick & Adalind during seasons 5 & 6. They looked good together, damn good, but chemistry - not so much. The only scene that made me sit up and feel the heat was in Clear and Wesen Danger, and for me, it all went downhill from there. I think G & K were more interested in a ‘the love of a good man redeems a bad girl’ story than Nick & Adalind sizzling.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - wesen - 09-28-2017

(06-14-2017, 07:50 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 07:35 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Maybe the embrace to me looks so much more deep due that those 2 actors are engaged in real life so that embrace needed no acting skills.
I think that's the case. It wouldn't be the first time David and Bitsie replaced Nick and Eve in S6. In terms of the story, the writers wrote Nick as in love with Adalind throughout the S6 but certain scenes like the one you just described, because of how it looks (the interaction between David and Bitsie) it comes across as though Nick is still holding out a candle for Juliette but that was never the case. It's likely unintentional but couldn't be helped at the same time.

And this is why I have a problem with co stars dating each other whilst they're supposed to be not together on screen. Unless they're very good actors, it comes through that something more is going on between them even though it wasn't intended. This only reinforced my belief that the David and Bitsie are not as good in the acting department as Claire. I found her believable even when she was acting like the stereotypical villain, and when she was acting like a desperate mother looking for her baby. I also bought her falling in love with Nick the character, the way she looked at him and acted towards him was of a woman who was in love. Same thing with Silas, I totally bought him as a hippie vegetarian reformed blutbad. I don't know if that's what his actual personality is in real life, but it just seemed realistic to me. Another actor who I thought was very talented was Sasha. I thought that he really embodied his role as Renard, I loved that he never played his character as an over the top villain. What impressed me the most about him though was when he made me believe he was Nick trapped in Renard's body, and that he was Eve pretending to be Renard.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - rpmaluki - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 04:21 AM)wesen Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 07:50 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 07:35 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Maybe the embrace to me looks so much more deep due that those 2 actors are engaged in real life so that embrace needed no acting skills.
I think that's the case. It wouldn't be the first time David and Bitsie replaced Nick and Eve in S6. In terms of the story, the writers wrote Nick as in love with Adalind throughout the S6 but certain scenes like the one you just described, because of how it looks (the interaction between David and Bitsie) it comes across as though Nick is still holding out a candle for Juliette but that was never the case. It's likely unintentional but couldn't be helped at the same time.

And this is why I have a problem with co stars dating each other whilst they're supposed to be not together on screen. Unless they're very good actors, it comes through that something more is going on between them even though it wasn't intended. This only reinforced my belief that the David and Bitsie are not as good in the acting department as Claire. I found her believable even when she was acting like the stereotypical villain, and when she was acting like a desperate mother looking for her baby. I also bought her falling in love with Nick the character, the way she looked at him and acted towards him was of a woman who was in love. Same thing with Silas, I totally bought him as a hippie vegetarian reformed blutbad. I don't know if that's what his actual personality is in real life, but it just seemed realistic to me. Another actor who I thought was very talented was Sasha. I thought that he really embodied his role as Renard, I loved that he never played his character as an over the top villain. What impressed me the most about him though was when he made me believe he was Nick trapped in Renard's body, and that he was Eve pretending to be Renard.
The only thing i ever saw Silas in was S1 Prison Break as Michael's psycho cellmate towards the end of the season and he gave me the creeps.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - dicappatore - 09-28-2017

(06-15-2017, 04:45 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 04:32 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 03:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Juliette wanted to be in charge of some of Nick's emails and then she read one making her think he was cheating and she was embarrassed but did ask him if he was. Adalind made a point of more than once saying out loud that what Nick does is not her business and when he comes home late she does ask why instead she offers to make him something then. When Nick came home late and missed Juliette special meals Juliette was very unhappy and it was a big deal.

So Juliette refused to sleep with Nick ever again over not being in charge of his emails and being unhappy over Nick coming home late? Is that what you're saying? They broke up over these things?
I saying that Juliette and Nick's relationship is different than Adalind and Nick. You were saying the relationship was the same.

(06-15-2017, 04:09 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 04:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 03:38 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 03:34 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Is this a season 2 or season 4 question?

Season 2 Was close but no CIGAR. I mean the Cigar never went in. So its season 4 or 5 or 6? Did he ever find out?
No. Adalind never found out that Sean was behind Juliette's attack on her that season either. Sean did a great job hiding it in Iron Hans.

Let me try asking the question again. Did NICK ever find out that Sean Renard banged Juliette after Season 4 Episode 17 Hibernaculm?

No, he did not find out.

So that snake (Sean) never did tell Nick how she forced herself on him and how little resistance he put up with her advance. As for Eve or Evette, neither ever mentioned it to him. Well she did say in the “Z” world, how what she did, as Juliette was horrible things. I guess that’s as close as she ever got.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - wesen - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 06:17 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 04:45 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 04:32 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 03:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Juliette wanted to be in charge of some of Nick's emails and then she read one making her think he was cheating and she was embarrassed but did ask him if he was. Adalind made a point of more than once saying out loud that what Nick does is not her business and when he comes home late she does ask why instead she offers to make him something then. When Nick came home late and missed Juliette special meals Juliette was very unhappy and it was a big deal.

So Juliette refused to sleep with Nick ever again over not being in charge of his emails and being unhappy over Nick coming home late? Is that what you're saying? They broke up over these things?
I saying that Juliette and Nick's relationship is different than Adalind and Nick. You were saying the relationship was the same.

(06-15-2017, 04:09 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 04:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 03:38 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Season 2 Was close but no CIGAR. I mean the Cigar never went in. So its season 4 or 5 or 6? Did he ever find out?
No. Adalind never found out that Sean was behind Juliette's attack on her that season either. Sean did a great job hiding it in Iron Hans.

Let me try asking the question again. Did NICK ever find out that Sean Renard banged Juliette after Season 4 Episode 17 Hibernaculm?

No, he did not find out.

So that snake (Sean) never did tell Nick how she forced herself on him and how little resistance he put up with her advance. As for Eve or Evette, neither ever mentioned it to him. Well she did say in the “Z” world, how what she did, as Juliette was horrible things. I guess that’s as close as she ever got.

I don't think it would have been a good idea, since by the time JuliEve had gained her humanity again and was on friendlier terms with Nick, Nick had already moved on with Adalind. As they discussed in the mirror world, there was no point in retreading past regrets/mistakes. What was done was done. Both Renard and JuliEve have paid for their transgressions (especially JuliEve). It was Nick who 'won' in the end. He got his heart's desire, so to speak.