Grimm Forum
Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships (/Thread-Adalind-Nick-vs-Juliette-Nick-Relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - rpmaluki - 06-15-2017

Without Kelly, she'd have no reason to interact with Nick beyond getting Diana from his mother.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - MarylikesGrimm - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 05:56 AM)dicappatore Wrote: I agreeing with you on what was happening @sy. Smile

I believe Juliette believes "Juliette was easily lead railroaded by Nick for everything that occurred to her due to him wanting to be a grimm again " to understand her motive but I do not think that makes her "right".

Tulloch's character is a lead character in the show not Coffee's. Please see cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5858480/?ref_=ttep_ep13
Episode cast overview, first billed only:
David Giuntoli ... Nick Burkhardt
Russell Hornsby ... Hank Griffin
Elizabeth Tulloch... Eve
Silas Weir Mitchell... Monroe
Sasha Roiz ... Captain Sean Renard
Reggie Lee...Sergeant Wu
Bree Turner... Rosalee Calvert
Claire Coffee... Adalind Schade

Sorry if annoy anyone. My pet peeve is Juliette/Eve does not have to be having sex with the lead to be important to the story. That does not make her "right".
[/quote]

I guess banging the supporting cast does!
[/quote]

In your opinion did Nick act like a lead/hero normally would in Gimm?

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - dicappatore - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 08:00 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 05:56 AM)dicappatore Wrote: I agreeing with you on what was happening @sy. Smile

I believe Juliette believes "Juliette was easily lead railroaded by Nick for everything that occurred to her due to him wanting to be a grimm again " to understand her motive but I do not think that makes her "right".

Tulloch's character is a lead character in the show not Coffee's. Please see cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5858480/?ref_=ttep_ep13
Episode cast overview, first billed only:
David Giuntoli ... Nick Burkhardt
Russell Hornsby ... Hank Griffin
Elizabeth Tulloch... Eve
Silas Weir Mitchell... Monroe
Sasha Roiz ... Captain Sean Renard
Reggie Lee...Sergeant Wu
Bree Turner... Rosalee Calvert
Claire Coffee... Adalind Schade

Sorry if annoy anyone. My pet peeve is Juliette/Eve does not have to be having sex with the lead to be important to the story. That does not make her "right".

I guess banging the supporting cast does!
[/quote]

In your opinion did Nick act like a lead/hero normally would in Gimm?
[/quote]

As a Grimm No. He was being held back for being a cop. Truble was more of a truel Grimm.

As for the lead role. The script says he is in the lead role. The producers hired him as a lead actor. So he is the lead. Last time I looked. The characters don't write the scripts.

If you think he isn’t acting like one? You are again interjecting one of your fantasies

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - MarylikesGrimm - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 08:11 AM)dicappatore Wrote: If you think he isn’t acting like one? You are again interjecting one of your fantasies

Asking a question is not interjecting a fantasy. I trying to understand if different posters are using the same definitions.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - rpmaluki - 06-15-2017

Nick is the lead character on the show. It doesn't matter if he's "passive" or everyone else around him does the most action or generates the most stories. The point is everyone, to varying degrees, revolves around him. It's not about cherry picking certain parts of the show where someone else looked like they were in the forefront because in the end it circles back to him in some form or another.

Juliette wasn't the lead, she was his victimised girlfriend turned to a scorned woman/villain because of him. It's in S5 that she's first independent of him but only superficially because as part of HW, she still had to work with him and wasn't completely free of Nick's shadow. And S6 is a meshing of too many ideas. In 6x11 she claims her independence again but as a combination of Juliette and Eve but her story still revolves around Nick.

I agree with @irukandji it doesn't matter which relationship you choose, it's Nick that's in the driver's seat, not because he's proactive or anything but because that's how it's written. Shows are typically written to cater to the lead more than to anyone else. They will have the other support cast feign independence from the lead but any real independence results in disappearing from the show permanently unless from the very get go the show is written as an ensemble cast like GoT or Westworld where you can have characters driving their own stories without ever interacting with the others.

(06-15-2017, 08:24 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick is the lead character on the show. It doesn't matter if he's "passive" or everyone else around him does the most action or generates the most stories. The point is everyone, to varying degrees, revolves around him. It's not about cherry picking certain parts of the show where someone else looked like they were in the forefront because in the end it circles back to him in some form or another.

Juliette wasn't the lead, she was his victimised girlfriend turned to a scorned woman/villain because of him. It's in S5 that she's first independent of him but only superficially because as part of HW, she still had to work with him and wasn't completely free of Nick's shadow. And S6 is a meshing of too many ideas. In 6x11 she claims her independence again but as a combination of Juliette and Eve but her story still revolves around Nick.

I agree with @irukandji it doesn't matter which relationship you choose, it's Nick that's in the driver's seat, not because he's proactive or anything but because that's how it's written. Shows are typically written to cater to the lead more than to anyone else. They will have the other support cast feign independence from the lead but any real independence results in disappearing from the show permanently unless from the very get go the show is written as an ensemble cast like GoT or Westworld where you can have characters driving their own stories without ever interacting with the others.
So you agreeing that @irukandji Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships were the same only because Nick is the lead? Is Rosalee's relationship to Nick the same too?

Juliette/Eve has 3rd billing while Adalind is 8th billing is that not important either?

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - dicappatore - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 08:15 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 08:11 AM)dicappatore Wrote: If you think he isn’t acting like one? You are again interjecting one of your fantasies

Asking a question is not interjecting a fantasy. I trying to understand if different posters are using the same definitions.

If you want to see the lead role played out, from what I think you wanted Nick to be like. May I recommend, Supernatural.

If you want to see a woman in a lead role and taking charge? Check out Orphan Black. Here the men has sex with the lead female.

Dark Matter is another good one. I hear season 3 is out.

(06-15-2017, 08:34 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 08:15 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

If you want to see the lead role played out, from what I think you wanted Nick to be like. May I recommend, Supernatural.

If you want to see a woman in a lead role and taking charge? Check out Orphan Black. Here the men has sex with the lead female.

Dark Matter is another good one. I hear season 3 is out.

I am Orphan Black fan too. I have watched some Supernatural. I have not watch any Dark Matter. The Orphan Black lead actress is whole a lot of characters.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Hell Rell - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 08:31 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Juliette/Eve has 3rd billing while Adalind is 8th billing is that not important either?

I do think Juliette was the more important character but I don't think the order of billing tells the whole story. Rosalee and Adalind fill the last two slots because they didn't become regulars until after season 1. I highly doubt Wu comes higher in the pecking order than either of them.

The best example of characters getting higher billing but not being as important was on House. The team was changed and Chase and Cameron were still in the opening credits while the new team wasn't even though they were much more prominent while Chase and Cameron were turned into glorified cameos.

However, I do agree that Nick's relationships with Juliette and Adalind weren't the same. The existence of Kelly alone makes all the difference. Juliette wasn't relegated to being cooped up at home taking care of a baby. The dynamics of his relationship with both can't really be compared fairly without Juliette having a child or Adalind not having one.

(06-15-2017, 09:33 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I highly doubt Wu comes higher in the pecking order than either of them.

If Wu's actor is being paid more that would not surprise me.