Grimm Forum
Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships (/Thread-Adalind-Nick-vs-Juliette-Nick-Relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - WispyWillow - 06-08-2017

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/its-penultimate-episode-grimm-sets-destroyer-loose-252172
"Julievette repeatedly says that none of them are the same any more, and this relationship is organic proof of it, one-time enemies left broken by the battles and somehow finding a refuge in each other."

the above quote about nick and adalind is probably what the writers were going for.
adalind and nick calling a truce for their son's sake made more sense than would be scenes of watching nick threatening a powerless adalind.

whatever the reasons the writers had for breaking up nick and juliette it didn't have anything with making room for adalind in nick's life.

(06-08-2017, 05:48 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 05:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: As for Nick and Juliette/Eve ever getting back together was never going to happen , because of her and Kenneth killing Kelly, something Nick can never forget. Now we have always had the debate on what she knew and what she didn't know about what Kenneth planned, and not likely any on the forum will now change they mind on how they see this some she knew some she didn't know. So no reason to going back into that debate.
Having finished the show, I now think Kelly's death wouldn't have been as big a stumbling block for Nick and Eve as i imagined at the time she died. The one thing I feel was constant from the very beginning of the show was that fundamentally, Nick and Juliette wanted very different things in life even though they loved each other. They had so much crap happen from the moment Nick became a Grimm and I don't think they dealt with it accordingly, thus building a stronger relationship from the trials they faced as a couple. Communication wasn't as open as it should have been. The were broken down until they finally couldn't get back up again.

The irony is that Nick and Adalind had an even worse set up but somehow made it (not talking the twenty year time jump) and I think that had more to do with neither of them having great expectations of their relationship and actually finding middle ground that worked for them where Nick and Juliette couldn't make the necessary compromises within themselves to make things work when Nick's Grimm made things abundantly difficult for them.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - rpmaluki - 06-08-2017

I can't say with certainty why Nick and Juliette were broken up other than to shake things up. However, once the writers entertained the idea of Nick and Adalind being together romantically, there was no turning back, they had inadvertently made them into a family, however unconventional it started.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - MarylikesGrimm - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 07:53 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I can't say with certainty why Nick and Juliette were broken up other than to shake things up. However, once the writers entertained the idea of Nick and Adalind being together romantically, there was no turning back, they had inadvertently made them into a family, however unconventional it started.

IMO I felt that Nick was not willing to give up on anything like having kids to be an active grimm and if Juliette married and had kids she wanted everything planned ahead which is the opposite of Nick who was all reactive. In season 6, Eve mentioned that Rosalee must be under pressure getting pregnant right now but Nick says it is never a good time to have a baby (see below)

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Trust_Me_Knot/Transcript
Eve: [To Nick] I feel sorry for Rosalee getting pregnant right now, with everything that's going on.
Nick: When has there been a good time?

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - Renardfan99 - 06-08-2017

I always saw Nick and Juliette as siblings and saw no chemistry between the two characters. The first look between Nick and Adalind and scenes between Adalind and Renard showed the most chemistry between the characters.

Once Rosalie joined the show, it became clear IMO that Juliette was just too bland and should have died at the end of s1. Rosalie and Adalind were female characters that the show should have focused on. Adalind should have been the bad girl hexenbiest that fell in love with Nick the Grimm and she evolved overtime without all of the rape crap or babies. I don't have a problem with Renard being a player!

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - brandon - 06-08-2017

Maybe Nick would not have wanted to have children being a "GRIMM". But when the time was right?
That he would not have know.
People postpone having children because of an economic situation where they live or how. Or live well as the two

In tv serie "Bones", thought it was a dangerous world. Maybe Bones thought so by his own childhood.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - MarylikesGrimm - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 10:44 AM)brandon Wrote: Maybe Nick would not have wanted to have children being a "GRIMM". But when the time was right?
That he would not have know.
People postpone having children because of an economic situation where they live or how. Or live well as the two

In tv serie "Bones", thought it was a dangerous world. Maybe Bones thought so by his own childhood.

Bones is a woman in STEM who planned a career but was never planning on marriage and children but was fine with having both when "situation" happen in her. IMO this is definitely worldview that Juliette could have about marriage that fits well with the show.

(06-08-2017, 08:44 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: I always saw Nick and Juliette as siblings and saw no chemistry between the two characters. The first look between Nick and Adalind and scenes between Adalind and Renard showed the most chemistry between the characters.

Once Rosalie joined the show, it became clear IMO that Juliette was just too bland and should have died at the end of s1. Rosalie and Adalind were female characters that the show should have focused on. Adalind should have been the bad girl hexenbiest that fell in love with Nick the Grimm and she evolved overtime without all of the rape crap or babies. I don't have a problem with Renard being a player!
The show would have been better had they went with Nick and Adalind from the very beginning as you say.

(06-08-2017, 12:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 08:44 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: I always saw Nick and Juliette as siblings and saw no chemistry between the two characters. The first look between Nick and Adalind and scenes between Adalind and Renard showed the most chemistry between the characters.

The show would have been better had they went with Nick and Adalind from the very beginning as you say.

Claire interviewed for the girlfriend job first for the pilot. Bitise was recommend by David because of his experience with her as acting as his girlfriend in a previous movie to Grimm.

(06-08-2017, 12:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 12:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:

Claire interviewed for the girlfriend job first for the pilot. Bitise was recommend by David because of his experience with her as acting as his girlfriend in a previous movie to Grimm.
I heard that a while back. Claire had better chemistry with David. I also heard that she was only meant to be in the pilot but they ended up liking her as Adalind they expanded her role. If she got Juliette's role, the show might look different today.

RE: Adalind & Nick vs Juliette & Nick Relationships - irukandji - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 08:44 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Once Rosalie joined the show, it became clear IMO that Juliette was just too bland and should have died at the end of s1.

I never thought Juliette was too bland for Nick and I never had any trouble believing she was Nick's live in love. Her character has to be bland. If not, she would steal every scene from Nick. He's the main character, the one who's supposed to be the center of attention.

And that is one of issues DG's acting skills. He seems like a nice guy, but I notice Nick has to have characters around him to make him look charismtic. He can't be charismatic and an attention getter on his own. It's my thought that Bitsie may have deliberately played Juliette low key so he would stand out. But even that didn't help. Nick should have been the nice guy prior to becoming a grimm and then changed dramatically once he became a grimm. I notice no difference in DG. He's the same character before as he was after. Why would Renard want to term someone like that as "his grimm?"

(06-08-2017, 08:44 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Rosalie and Adalind were female characters that the show should have focused on. Adalind should have been the bad girl hexenbiest that fell in love with Nick the Grimm and she evolved overtime without all of the rape crap or babies.

But, again there's the issue with DG's acting skills. If you noticed, Adalind in the fome was just as lackluster and bland as Juliette was. Logically, it makes sense because Nick is supposed to be the focus. Unfortunately DG can't seem to make that happen.