Grimm Forum
Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Juliette (/Thread-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Juliette - Fenn - 04-05-2012

What is up with this character?
She obviously notices the weirdness going on around her but has stopped investigating. She shoots with expert precision.

RE: Juliette - johnzillla - 04-08-2012

I'm thinking she might be in on what's more than we know and her being a Vet do you think she might be a doctor too the creatures.. So that's why she can't marry a Grimm because he is supposed to kill the creatures and she is supposed to heal them.. Plus I'm getting a feeling that we have a team coming together here with Monroe and the girl..

RE: Juliette - Hunter - 04-09-2012

I think Juliette has been lacking character development earlier in the show but more recently it seems like there's more focus on her. It's clear she suspects something because in the last episode she rejected Nick's proposal over him not being open. I don't think this storyline can keep up for long as long as Juliette suspects something.

But there's also that subplot with Aunt Marie and her telling Nick to split up with Juliette because it can't workout if Nick's a Grimm. I've got a feeling something big will happen soon that'll shakeup their relationship. So far she's slowly being exposed to Nick's "other life" like meeting Monroe and the Handyman.

RE: Juliette - pale boy - 02-27-2013

I've always had a pet theory (lol) that Juliette was some kind of back alley doctor for Wesen due to her job as a vet.

It's less likely now, but I could see it happening in the future. XD

But it does seem that she's getting a heaping of character development in the second half of this second season. Those previews = wow.

RE: Juliette - dragonmischief - 03-17-2013

She is my least favorite character. She seems out of place or lost. Not sure if is the actress, or the way the part is written. She seems to have no clue what's going on. Good gosh if I had 2 hunky men after me, I sure would have called one of them after Friday's episode!! Huh

RE: Juliette - pale boy - 03-17-2013

(03-17-2013, 05:23 PM)dragonmischief Wrote: She is my least favorite character. She seems out of place or lost. Not sure if is the actress, or the way the part is written. She seems to have no clue what's going on. Good gosh if I had 2 hunky men after me, I sure would have called one of them after Friday's episode!! Huh

First season Juliette really didn't do the actress or the character any favors, true. Her characterization is uneven, but it has been getting better lately.

There are more men on the show than women, so I wonder if that might contribute to it, but Rosalee is decently written (and so is Adalind for that matter -- her character really gets under the skin and she's a wily one). I think part of the problem might be the same issue that Hank had: she's unaware of the supernatural. There's only so much that can be done with a 'muggle' character, I guess. :/

(I agree that she does seem a bit insane for turning out both Renard and Nick, but that's mainly the fanboy shipper's heart in me, lol.)

RE: Juliette - Thentilian - 08-28-2013

I have to post some frustrations about her character. I really don't see where they are going with her. She's having memories come back yet she's frightened by them. She seems to not realize what is happening. It's pretty plain her brain is re-assimilating all her memories of Nick. They are just coming back in floods.

Granted the way in which the show is showing this happening would be very odd and maybe disturbing. But if I had lost all memory of a loved one, I'd want them back, and I'd realize why that is happening and just deal with it.

The writers really need to wrap that whole thing up. I'm finding it a waste of time and annoying. Her character right now doesn't really add anything to the show in my opinion. She's just a weakness to Nick. If she gets her way, the character really has no point anymore to the show. She pushed Nick away and at some point, would he not just stay away?

That story line is really taking away from the Grimm plots... stuff Nick was doing more of, is now less. The very reason I became interested in the show in the first place. The more time they spend showing Juliette having these episodes with her memory the more they take away from the goodness that was season 1 in my opinion.

I really hope they wrap this up by the end of the season. I have this on DVR and have not finished all of season 2 as of yet. I'm about 5 episodes away.

RE: Juliette - pale boy - 08-29-2013

@Thentilian

Welcome to the forums, friend.

The memory loss plot line is a good point to bring up. While I think that there was too much time wasted on that story line, I do appreciate that Juliette was being explored as a character.

Since you haven't finished Season 2 and I don't want to spoil anything, I'll just recommend that you stick with it. Wink

RE: Juliette - HellJacket - 08-29-2013

(08-28-2013, 05:20 PM)Thentilian Wrote: That story line is really taking away from the Grimm plots... stuff Nick was doing more of, is now less. The very reason I became interested in the show in the first place. The more time they spend showing Juliette having these episodes with her memory the more they take away from the goodness that was season 1 in my opinion.

The IMDB Grimm Forum called. They would like to make you an honorary member of the Juliette-Hate brigade.

RE: Juliette - Thentilian - 08-31-2013

(08-29-2013, 01:45 AM)pale boy Wrote: @Thentilian

Welcome to the forums, friend.

The memory loss plot line is a good point to bring up. While I think that there was too much time wasted on that story line, I do appreciate that Juliette was being explored as a character.

Since you haven't finished Season 2 and I don't want to spoil anything, I'll just recommend that you stick with it. Wink

I finished the season. I'm glad they wrapped that up finally. Just took way longer than I thought it should have.

(08-29-2013, 08:32 AM)HellJacket Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 05:20 PM)Thentilian Wrote: That story line is really taking away from the Grimm plots... stuff Nick was doing more of, is now less. The very reason I became interested in the show in the first place. The more time they spend showing Juliette having these episodes with her memory the more they take away from the goodness that was season 1 in my opinion.

The IMDB Grimm Forum called. They would like to make you an honorary member of the Juliette-Hate brigade.

I would say hate is a bit strong of a word. It just had very little to do with things being Grimm and taking time away from other things I find more interesting in the show. Annoying is more like it. But glad to see they wrapped it up after finishing the season.