Grimm Forum
Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? (/Thread-Should-the-series-have-ended-with-Nick-friends-in-jail)

Pages: 1 2 3

Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Hexenadler - 04-04-2017

What do you think? They've certainly committed their share of crimes and illegal activity throughout the series. Is it morally irresponsible to give most of these characters a "happy ending?"

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Mrtrick - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 06:22 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: What do you think? They've certainly committed their share of crimes and illegal activity throughout the series. Is it morally irresponsible to give most of these characters a "happy ending?"

I've spoken my peace about this in another thread, but to reiterate...No..I think that's nuts. Renard is the only character for whom that would have been remotely acceptable, and even that is fraught with problems. It would have to be driven by team Grimm and this would only draw them into a massively complicated mess, just when they've reached a point of relative peace in their lives, for the first time in six seasons.

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Circe27 - 04-04-2017

Not at all. I doubt people are looking at a supernatural TV show for guidance on morality. By that thinking, a lot of TV shows would have to change their story lines to have their characters end up in jail and I don't think there are a lot of viewers out there who would want to watch that. Most of what is on TV is for entertainment value and not to be considered a realistic depiction of how the world is suppose to work.

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-04-2017

There probably isn't a single TV or movie cop or action hero who wouldn't be in prison or buried under a mountain of lawsuits if he or she was a real life person.

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 06:22 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: What do you think? They've certainly committed their share of crimes and illegal activity throughout the series. Is it morally irresponsible to give most of these characters a "happy ending?"

If a new wesen council was formed and it created Truth and Reconciliation Commission that would be entertaining for a show to see them all confess their crimes to the Commission.

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Devegs - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 07:33 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: There probably isn't a single TV or movie cop or action hero who wouldn't be in prison or buried under a mountain of lawsuits if he or she was a real life person.

Truth right here.
We also applaud criminals in movies where they pull off heists.

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - eric - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 06:36 AM)Mrtrick Wrote:

I've spoken my peace about this in another thread, but to reiterate...No..I think that's nuts. Renard is the only character for whom that would have been remotely acceptable, and even that is fraught with problems. It would have to be driven by team Grimm and this would only draw them into a massively complicated mess, just when they've reached a point of relative peace in their lives, for the first time in six seasons.
I am in the same camp. I do not see that many movies or shows on TV that are "real", they are fiction. The whole issue of the morality of preventing criminals escaping to commit more unprovable murder has been beaten to death. The only show I can remember when the cast went to jail at the end of the series was Steinfield, and I thought it was good to that group of morally deficient creeps out of general circulation.Big Grin

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Hexenadler - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 07:03 AM)Circe27 Wrote: Not at all. I doubt people are looking at a supernatural TV show for guidance on morality.

That's probably the most terrifying sentence I've ever read in this forum.

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - Circe27 - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 08:47 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 07:03 AM)Circe27 Wrote: Not at all. I doubt people are looking at a supernatural TV show for guidance on morality.

That's probably the most terrifying sentence I've ever read in this forum.

How so?

RE: Should the series have ended with Nick & friends in jail? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 08:16 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: If a new wesen council was formed and it created Truth and Reconciliation Commission that would be entertaining for a show to see them all confess their crimes to the Commission.

In the eyes of the Wesen Council, the only crimes that called for action were behavior that threatened the secrecy of the wesen community and interference with the enforcement operations of the Council. They tried to take Nick out once because he interfered with their maréchaussée, but never made another attempt after that failed (they probably assumed that Nick killed the guy, because who was going to tell them that Nick's GF turned hexenbiest did it?) Apparently, even to the Council, strength equaled respect.

(04-04-2017, 08:47 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: That's probably the most terrifying sentence I've ever read in this forum.

I think the really terrifying idea is that anyone would actually be guided in their personal standards of...well, anything...by what they see on TV or in the movies.