Grimm Forum
The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 (/Thread-The-Extreme-Grimm-Rewatch-Season-5)

The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 - wfmyers1207 - 03-25-2017

Whether you care or not here we go. Big Grin

Favorite Episode:
Season finale: "The Beginning of the End" Parts I and II. This one had a lot of action for Grimm. Besides Nick finally got to use the axe! Big Grin Although I didn't care for the show bringing Eve/Juliette back, I put "Eve of Destruction" at a close #2. There was a lot going on in that episode.

Least Favorite Episode:
"Silence Of The Slams" Other than being a filler episode, I still have no idea what the purpose of this filler episode was. Huh

Favorite Wesen:
The Rat King from "Rat King". It was kinda cool to see some of thwe meeker wesen like reinegen get some payback for a change.

Least Favorite Wesen:
The Barbatus Ossifrage from "Good To The Bone". Those varmints were downright disgusting. Tongue

Storyline I Wish They Had Followed:
Whatever happened to JP Malloy? In deleted scenes from E17 and E18, Monroe and Rosalee were in the tunnels and found a skeleton. Scrawled on the wall was "Bunko killed me. - JP Malloy". Then in E18 Monroe and Rosalee find his name in the Grimm genealogy book. JP Malloy was a Grimm. They tell Nick about all of this. I just really wonder where they were going with that plot line? Dodgy

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 - speakeasy - 03-25-2017

Well, wfmyers107, I missed all of the rewatches, but I had good intentions. Sad Lots of family stuff happening for the last few weeks and that had to come first, but wish I could have participated in a rewatch of my favorite show. But I intend to soon take a marathon weekend down the memory lane of Grimm because I have my grandaughter's husband interested in the program, so something to look forward to! Smile

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 - jsgrimm45 - 03-26-2017

Reading you points I find a lot of agreement, but you always know there is a but I'm going to downside of season 5.

First making Eve more powerful than Nick the Grimm at the factory. Not knowing what happen to Alexander after the lost of wesen council.

Like you I thought Silence Of The Slams wasted episode as didn't advance anything. Also thought episode 21 22 were the best.

On the Rat king I alway wondered did Nick's idea kill all of them or were they just out cold? Was cool how Nick dropped everything to go help Trubel.

Now all the Trubel scenes were good like how she worked with cast. You know for a young person she looks to work well with others, I would hope if she stays in acting she keep this "Quality", for myself all the best actors actress had this in common. They could set aside their ego and work the scene.

Next weeks rewatch will be trying to link in all 6 seasons and how they linked?

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 - wfmyers1207 - 03-26-2017

(03-26-2017, 06:17 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Reading you points I find a lot of agreement, but you always know there is a but I'm going to downside of season 5.

First making Eve more powerful than Nick the Grimm at the factory. Not knowing what happen to Alexander after the lost of wesen council.

Like you I thought Silence Of The Slams wasted episode as didn't advance anything. Also thought episode 21 22 were the best.

On the Rat king I alway wondered did Nick's idea kill all of them or were they just out cold? Was cool how Nick dropped everything to go help Trubel.

Now all the Trubel scenes were good like how she worked with cast. You know for a young person she looks to work well with others, I would hope if she stays in acting she keep this "Quality", for myself all the best actors actress had this in common. They could set aside their ego and work the scene.

Next weeks rewatch will be trying to link in all 6 seasons and how they linked?

Something along those lines. Smile

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 5 - jsgrimm45 - 04-15-2017

Took some thinking about the 5 and half seasons of Grimm to think of the links from season 1 to season 6. Like Adalind the first episode and Nick IMO was the setup to them being together. The new type Grimm Nick was was a setup to the potion they made in the first try at taking out Z.

Making Juliette a hexenbiest was to teach Nick he could love a hexenbiest. Bring Monroe and his knowledge of history was the key to the keys. We didn't learn until the end that Nick family tree was linked to the first Grimm like the Buffy character. They brought in a Trubel to be trained by Nick and to change how she thought of wesen.

The put in BC to show us beforehand how the other world worked. Rosalee was the mother figure to all of them in a sense. We have to look hard at what episodes were part of the end season, because most were not the were just WOTW to show Grimm powers.

Now looking at how the start of season 5 with Eve the power, was this because Nick had started to doubt his power, because in the final episode of 5 his was the power with the stick and in the final episode Mom Kelly and Marie told the Nick the same thing that Monroe did in season 1 about drawing power from all the pasted Grimms.

What other ways can we link these season?