Grimm Forum
A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... (/Thread-A-question-to-the-Mods-and-Forum-Owner)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - Purity - 03-22-2017

Just out of curiosity, what happens to this forum when Grimm is all over?
Would it be changed to focus on another show or ....?

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - Kathryn Wooten - 03-22-2017

I would love a forum of Supernatural. They were renewed for another season ..season 13..if anyone watches it and really good instead of WOW of the week. They actually have stories intertwine in Supernatural...right now they are after the women who is carrying the devils child to kill it... there is a demon name Crowley who has Lucifer as his slave...and the monsters are great.....IMHO

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - Hell Rell - 03-22-2017

I have no problem discussing other shows. We could keep it in the supernatural realm if that's what people or comfortable with but I'm sure people don't watch a couple of the shows I watch.
I'd discuss The Flash, Supergirl, Lucifer, and especially IZombie and Agents of Shield. I would out Daredevil on there but that's released at once so it wouldn't generate much discussion.

I binge-watched The Good Place but I would've loved to discuss that here. Give it a chance. It's a very good show. I haven't seen this season of The Detour yet and just started The Mick but those look promising as well.

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - irukandji - 03-22-2017

I wouldn't mind a discussion on Game of Thrones or Westworld.

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - Hell Rell - 03-22-2017

I'd discuss those shows as well. Westworld isn't coming back until next year but it's well worth the wait. Game of Thrones, not so much. I'll discuss it but I will tear apart all of their asinine writing because there will be a lot of it. Our Grimm discussions get a bit heated. That will be nothing compared to the abomination that GOT has become.

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - Grimmbiest11 - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 09:39 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I would love a forum of Supernatural. They were renewed for another season ..season 13..if anyone watches it and really good instead of WOW of the week. They actually have stories intertwine in Supernatural...right now they are after the women who is carrying the devils child to kill it... there is a demon name Crowley who has Lucifer as his slave...and the monsters are great.....IMHO

I'm a Supernatural addict, watched it since season 1. All my friends don't understand why I like it but it's like my guilty pleasure. It's got these really great phrases only SPN fans would revel in like yellow eyes, meat suit, holy tax accountant, moose lol the list is endless. I did a rewatch last year from S1

(03-22-2017, 12:25 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'd discuss those shows as well. Westworld isn't coming back until next season but it's well worth the wait. Game of Thrones, not so much. I'll discuss it but I will tear apart of all of their asinine writing because there will be a lot of it. Our Grimm discussions get a bit heated. That will be nothing compared to the abomination that GOT has become.

I told myself I wouldn't watch GOT before I read the books, I'm more of a book first type. Still haven't read the thick volumes. Last time I did a thick book marathon was the J.R.R Tolkien LOTR series. Looked like a zombie through the ordeal, I get obsessed about books that way.

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - GrimmForum - 03-30-2017

Thanks @Purity for your question. And thanks @Kathryn Wooten for your other thread here. Hopefully I can help clear up any questions here.

I don’t have any plans on shutting down Grimm Forum. We’ve been running this site since the show started in Season 1, and after spending so many years building up this community, I think we’d all hate to see this forum end. I am happy to see so many people here have created friendships with others, and a truly organic community has built up over these years. I for one am glad to have met Gretel.

That said, I built this forum basing it after my experiences at the Fringe Forum and the BuffyGuide Forum. Both forums are now just a shell, and I’d really hate to see that happen here too.

That said, there are a few forums that have continued on despite their respective shows ending. I think of Gate World and Ksitetv.

If this forum is to continue, I agree with others that there should be a focus on upcoming and current super natural shows and movies.

Please let me know of your thoughts. I am currently traveling and will do my best to get back as soon as I can. And feel free to PM me.

Tomorrow maybe the last episode of Grimm, but it’s not the end of the forum, and I hope you can help us continue this community.

-GrimmForum

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - eric - 03-30-2017

Dear GF, I really have appreciated your dedication and work. I hope it continues.

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - irukandji - 03-30-2017

(03-22-2017, 12:35 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I told myself I wouldn't watch GOT before I read the books, I'm more of a book first type. Still haven't read the thick volumes. Last time I did a thick book marathon was the J.R.R Tolkien LOTR series. Looked like a zombie through the ordeal, I get obsessed about books that way.

Good luck. I got to book four and planned to read a few pages a day. I can't even do that. This book in particular seems really boring to me.

RE: A question to the Mods and Forum Owner... - MANTItotheCore - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 03:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:35 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I told myself I wouldn't watch GOT before I read the books, I'm more of a book first type. Still haven't read the thick volumes. Last time I did a thick book marathon was the J.R.R Tolkien LOTR series. Looked like a zombie through the ordeal, I get obsessed about books that way.

Good luck. I got to book four and planned to read a few pages a day. I can't even do that. This book in particular seems really boring to me.

I am long time reader/would be writer of heroic fantasy and Sword and Sorcery and found GOT in book form...I actually have a 1st edition of Book 1. Honestly, I wanted to kick Martin's little hiney the entire time. Unfortunately, I also got hooked on and read them all, most before HBO showed up on the scene.