Grimm Forum
Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up (/Thread-Grimm-s-Baby-Kelly-Time-to-Step-Up--3655)

Pages: 1 2 3

Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - MarylikesGrimm - 03-21-2017

http://tvline.com/2017/03/17/grimm-baby-kelly-season-6-adalind-nick-series-finale/
By Kimberly Roots / March 17 2017, 9:40 AM PDT
This is from TVline.

Hey, Grimm‘s Baby Kelly. Yeah, you. Don’t look at me with that cute little face like you don’t know what I’m gonna say.
You’ve had quite a cushy set-up this last year or so, with Adalind and Nick carting you around Portland, giving you front-row access to some of the craziest magic in the Pacific Northwest. And while most people wouldn’t have the stones to tell a baby what’s what, I’ve got some news for you:

It’s time to step the heck up. Earn your keep. DO SOMETHING.

We’ve got three episodes left in Grimm‘s final season — the NBC series finale airs Friday, March 31, at 8/7c — and you have yet to cast a spell. Or obliterate an enemy. Or do anything at all, really. And for the life of me I can’t figure out why the offspring of a Hexenbiest and a Grimm is proving to be nothing more than a cherubic face in a wet diaper.
Hey, hey! Don’t act all innocent. Look at me when I’m talking to you! Look at me! Look… [Covers hands with face] Peekaboo! Peekaboo! Good. That’s better.
I mean, I know it’s not great to compare children, but Diana did more in the womb than you’ve done all year. You weren’t around when your sister came into the world, so allow me a moment to recap her first moments on Earth: She was born under duress, in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, yet she still managed to scare Meisner when she thought he was a threat to Adalind. And he was freaked. Meisner! The guy spent more time grooming his facial hair than fearing Wesen, but you’d better believe he backed off after Diana flashed him those violet peepers.

And the petite powerhouse continues to get stuff done. While I’m in no way condoning her murder of both Bonaparte and campaign-manager Rachel last season, you’ve gotta admit: She did both with style. What do you expect from someone who was astral projecting before she could eat solid food? She can read that weird map. She figured out that Juliette was in the wall. As recently as a few episodes ago, Diana got kidnapped by some bad guys, and you know what her daddy did? He sat down and calmly ate cookies, so sure was he that his little honey badger could take care of herself. And she DID.
All I’m saying is that with Scarymirror McSkullface hanging around and that prophecy/star map/whatever it is hinting at some major doom ahead, it seems like the Scooby Gang is going to need all hands on deck as the our time in Portland winds to a close.

OK, you seem more impressed with that Sophie giraffe teether than with what I’m saying, so let me leave you with this chilling prediction: Rosalee and Monroe are going to have their kids soon, and you know what’s cuter/potentially more powerful than one magically infused baby? THREE MAGICALLY INFUSED BABIES. With those parents, you just know the triplets are going to come out of the womb lecturing on the inner workings of some mystical timekeeper and grinding up an obscure potion that’s destined to save the day. And where will that leave you?
Just another tiny Henley-sporting cutie with ridiculously photogenic genes, that’s where. Clock’s ticking, Kelly: It’s time to step up.

This is from TVline.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - Hell Rell - 03-21-2017

It needed to be said. Kelly has been one huge disappointment. This is the Grimm version of Infinity War and what is he doing? Letting everyone else fight the battle. He better do something soon because he's going to grow up with an inferiority complex. Diana needs to give him a pep talk. He's the son of a Grimm with enhanced abilities and a Hexenbiest. It's time he fulfills his potential.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - eric - 03-21-2017

I think Kelly could be like Jack Jack in the Incrediables. He hasn't had a reason yet to do anything besides look cute and poop. Diana has killed when she was in danger. Rachel was a danger to her "perfect" family of mom, dad and her. Most children in a similar situation would do the same, based on my experience as the evil stepfather.Big Grin Eve, Adeline, Diana and Kelly might be able to overpower Mr Z.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - Hell Rell - 03-21-2017

I like the Jack Jack comparison. Him doing what he did at the end of the movie was inevitable because you could tell he was a badass just by the way he laughed. Kelly has not shown me his potential for greatness yet so now he is officially on the clock.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - Purity - 03-22-2017

It is not yet over though. 2 more episodes and G&K may just surprise us with Kelly putting up a spell field from Zerstorer getting close to his half sister and mother.

Remember this part of the promo, thats Diana, Adalind and Kelly in his pram.
We never know, baby brother may just do something here that would make everyone's jaw drop.

[Image: kelly.png]

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - Brimmski - 04-03-2017

The Writer's probably doesn't even know what Kelly would be, so at least he is a Grimm. But the possibility of more is a definite. Just look at Renard half Zauberbiest. Technically Kelly is a half Zauberbiest. Of course one enhancement from Nick was the Zombie powers!

Also lets take Adalind's powers too (ADALIND not ADALINE) she could also be an enhanced Hexenbiest, especially with the ritual she went through, not to mention most likely the immunity of a Grimm blood.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - rpmaluki - 04-03-2017

I agree that Kelly has the potential to be more based on the uniqueness of his heritage and the fact that his parents are basically immune to one another's species due to losing their abilities due to each other and then getting them back, that and Nick's grimm seeming to adapt itself when attacked by certain wesen and gaining new abilities. The writers opted for the easiest option available to them without needing further explanation.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - MarylikesGrimm - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 09:16 AM)Brimmski Wrote: The Writer's probably doesn't even know what Kelly would be, so at least he is a Grimm. Just look at Renard half Zauberbiest. Technically Kelly is a half Zauberbiest.

There is no evidence to support or not support any abilities other than being a Grimm for Kelly.

What positive abilities does Renard as a half Zauberbiest have that Nick does not have?

If he was a beist either powers like a hexenbiest (non-overlapping powers with grimm possible) or gimmbiest (custom powers for a grimm) IMO be more useful.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-03-2017

Grimms supposedly have physical strength on a par with a hexen or zauberbiest, and Nick could actually see things that Renard could not, like the changes in a Koschie when he healed someone. So not sure what being half zauberbiest would do for Kelly, except perhaps being able to change his appearance through woge.

RE: Grimm's Baby Kelly: Time to Step Up - MarylikesGrimm - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 12:09 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: So not sure what being half zauberbiest would do for Kelly, except perhaps being able to change his appearance through woge.

My view is that is a disadvantage since Grimms can access their full abilities without thinking about it.