Grimm Forum
The Blacklist - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Blacklist (/Thread-The-Blacklist)

The Blacklist - pale boy - 10-16-2013

Are there any other fans of "The Blacklist" here? It's a new NBC show starring James Spader. It has a bit of a "Silence of the Lambs" feel to it -- before watching, I actually thought it was going to be an uninspired clone of that, but I was wrong. It's actually quite entertaining.

Spader plays Reddington, a criminal mastermind out on the loose for 20-odd years. He voluntarily returns to the US and helps track down criminals, all whilst having a rather nebulous agenda of his own. Fans of Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" will also recognize Harry Lennix.

It's the mystery about his life and his odd (and seemingly non-romantic) connection to Agent Keen (the only person he'll talk to) that makes it interesting. Well, that and the sheer brutality of the stuff that happens. Some of the scenes have been very shocking for network TV and this is only four episodes into its first season.

RE: The Blacklist - grimmfreak - 10-16-2013

another very good show but I haven't seen the last two episodes... they are on my dvr

RE: The Blacklist - HellJacket - 10-16-2013

I like it. It's pretty much Hannibal without the cannibalism, pseudo-psychology, creepy serial killers (though, this past episode had a hitman) and rape. It's definitely a show that is intriguing, but doesn't cause any issues with keeping my dinner down.

RE: The Blacklist - pale boy - 10-19-2013

I'm really glad to see Spader back on TV. He plays amoral characters very well.

RE: The Blacklist - SymSoa - 12-06-2013

I love The Blacklist
Spades is Fantastic Actor.... he is the show

RE: The Blacklist - pale boy - 12-07-2013

(12-06-2013, 04:30 AM)SymSoa Wrote: I love The Blacklist

He is, isn't he? I started watching because he was in it -- Spader is completely underrated! -- and was extremely pleased with the stories. Incredible pace. A lot of things I haven't expected happen. And the punches are not pulled. Not to mention that it's a very dark show, (and yet doesn't manage to get bogged down in "grittiness").

There's also this strain of gallows humor too. That isn't the focus, but it really makes the "dark" stuff stand out more.

RE: The Blacklist - ioannaza - 03-08-2014

(10-19-2013, 10:28 PM)pale boy Wrote: I'm really glad to see Spader back on TV. He plays amoral characters very well.
I totally agree with you. I love James Spader, ever since I watched the first episode of "Boston legal". He and William Shatner -Denny Crane- what a match!!! The funniest duo on TV!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
And I like this new show "The blacklist" very much.

(12-07-2013, 12:11 AM)pale boy Wrote:
(12-06-2013, 04:30 AM)SymSoa Wrote: I love The Blacklist

He is, isn't he? I started watching because he was in it -- Spader is completely underrated! -- and was extremely pleased with the stories. Incredible pace. A lot of things I haven't expected happen. And the punches are not pulled. Not to mention that it's a very dark show, (and yet doesn't manage to get bogged down in "grittiness").

There's also this strain of gallows humor too. That isn't the focus, but it really makes the "dark" stuff stand out more.
Once again, you are so right!!!!!!

RE: The Blacklist - pale boy - 03-10-2014

Yeah, he was fantastic in Boston Legal too. It's cool seeing him go from a show that was more of a "dramedy" to something where he is a straight-up villain protagonist.

RE: The Blacklist - salar521 - 04-11-2014

Not a big fan of crime shows at all, but the pace and the punch to this show is out of the park good. It isn't often a director and editor are on the same page and can pack in what would take most other shows 3 episodes to get across, they do it in 2 minutes.