Grimm Forum
Dr. Strange - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Movies (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Movies)
+--- Thread: Dr. Strange (/Thread-Dr-Strange)

Pages: 1 2

Dr. Strange - Hell Rell - 03-15-2017

I just saw this last week and it was pretty good. I liked how it separated itself from the rest of the MCU. Dr. Strange and The Ancient One one were great characters and so was Wong. Mordo can potentially be one of the best villains of the MCU with a little work. He could use a bit more depth.

I can see Stange being one of the leading faces in the next phase of the MCU, along with Spider-Man and maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy. All of the talk of the multiverse along with how powerful and intelligent he is makes me think he can be a crucial link going forward.

It's not just his powers and IQ that make me think he'll be very important. He also now has access to one of the Infinity Stones. His use of it was one of the most clever moments in the entire MCU. I liked how he used his brain which was always his most powerful asset even without the mystic powers. I'd like to see him and Wanda Maximoff be very important in the big battle because of their abilities.

Dormammu also has a lot of potential. I don't know if the MCU is pursuing another big bad but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dormammu take up the mantle in the next several phases. He's definitely someone that would require every hero and maybe even some villains to team up to fight against. One Infinity Stone may not be enough to defeat him next time.

Speaking of which, that only leaves one Infinity Stone left to be uncovered. Which movie will it be discovered in? Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Black Panther will all be released before the next Avengers movie. I think it's safe to rule out Spidey and BP so that leaves GOTG 2 and Thor. I'm guessing it will be found in Thor: Ragnarok since Thor told Cap and Iron Man about the stones in AOU and went to find out why four of the six had appeared in recent years and who's the puppet master using them as pawns.

RE: Dr. Strange - irukandji - 03-15-2017

I thought this was a terrific movie, right up there among my favorites.

RE: Dr. Strange - Hell Rell - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 03:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I thought this was a terrific movie, right up there among my favorites.

What are your favorite MCU movies? I definitely rank Winter Soldier and Civil War as the top two. Dr. Strange would fit right in with The Avengers, Iron Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy for me.

(03-15-2017, 04:14 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 03:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I thought this was a terrific movie, right up there among my favorites.

What are your favorite MCU movies? I definitely rank Winter Soldier and Civil War as the top two. Dr. Strange would fit right in with The Avengers, Iron Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy for me.

I have to say the first Iron Man is probably my favorite, mainly because I am a Robert Downey Jr fan and it was so great to see him up on the screen again. Followed by Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Avengers, the first Spiderman (with Tobey Maguire) and the first Captain America.

I am also a huge fan of Agents of Shield. However, I have to say I've never looked at a Marvel Comic in my life.

(03-15-2017, 05:52 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I have to say the first Iron Man is probably my favorite, mainly because I am a Robert Downey Jr. fan and it was so great to see him up on the screen again. Followed by Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Avengers, the first Spider-Man (with Tobey Maguire) and the first Captain America.

I am also a huge fan of Agents of Shield. However, I have to say I've never looked at a Marvel Comic in my life.

Spider-Man 2 is actually my second favorite Marvel movie behind Winter Soldier. I'm so glad Spider-Man is now a part of the MCU. I didn't Sony would agree to share him. They got him back just in time for Civil War and more importantly Infinity War.

RDJ may have had the greatest comeback I've ever seen. It's crazy to think about where he was about 15 years ago. He went on to put the MCU on the map because it easily could've failed how Iron Man not been a success.

I'm not a comic reader either and AOS is one of my favorite shows. That's a fantasy show done right. I'm really enjoying the Age of AIDA right now. She's turned into one of the best villains in the MCU. Only Loki can be definitively ranked ahead of her.

(03-15-2017, 06:09 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 05:52 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I have to say the first Iron Man is probably my favorite, mainly because I am a Robert Downey Jr. fan and it was so great to see him up on the screen again. Followed by Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Avengers, the first Spider-Man (with Tobey Maguire) and the first Captain America.

Spider-Man 2 is actually second favorite Marvel movie behind Winter Soldier. I'm so glad Spider-Man is now a part of the MCU. I didn't Sony would agree to share him. They got him back just in time for Civil War and more importantly Infinity War.

RDJ may have have had the greatest comeback I've ever see. It's crazy to think about where he was about 15 years ago. He went on to put the MCU on the map because it easily could've failed how Iron Man not been a success.

I'm not a comic reader either and AOS is one of my favorite shows. That's a fantasy show done right. I'm really enjoying the Age of AIDA right now. She's turned into one of the best villains in the MCU. Only Loki can be definitively ranked ahead of her.

Speaking of Loki, what did you think of the Thor movies?

RE: Dr. Strange - izzy - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 06:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: Speaking of Loki, what did you think of the Thor movies?

Beefcake fantasy alert!

(03-15-2017, 06:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: Speaking of Loki, what did you think of the Thor movies?

I wasn't really drawn in by Thor when it was advertised. I find him to be the least interesting Avenger but I did like the first movie. He had a pretty good supporting cast like Lady Sif, Odin, and Heimdall. Loki and the Frost Giant angle helped to elevate the movie. Jane and the rest of the human crew made it feel more grounded.

Thor: The Dark World was just okay. I don't know how to describe but I saw someone say it was soulless and that felt accurate to me. The hopping between worlds was the most interesting part of that movie. I can't even give more of a description so I guess it just wasn't that special.

That being said, I do want to see Ragnarok since that will most likely be a very important film. It looks like Thor is going to have a little bit of help in that movie and I want to see if he finds the last Infinity Stone. I can't wait to see what that one will do.

RE: Dr. Strange - irukandji - 03-16-2017

I wasn't thrilled with the Thor movies either. For one thing, I found Natalie Portman really hard to believe as this scientific person. For another, I found it hard to believe Thor would even be attracted to someone like her, especially after watching Vikings for the past four years.

RE: Dr. Strange - irukandji - 03-19-2017

(03-15-2017, 07:30 PM)izzy Wrote:

Beefcake fantasy alert!

I watched Doctor Strange with my daughter yesterday and there was a clip with Thor and Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange questioned the necessity of Loki being on earth. When my daughter heard that she about flipped. She loves Loki and wondered if this was going to occur in the next Thor movie or the next Doctor Strange movie.