Grimm Forum
How would you get rid of Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: How would you get rid of Juliette? (/Thread-How-would-you-get-rid-of-Juliette--3557)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - degrimm - 10-15-2017

(10-14-2017, 09:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: This forum contains entries revealing a hatred of Juliette way before season 4 debuted. I started watching the series in season 2, and while I never hated the character, I found her annoying and whiny. I also had no issue with her being Nicik's live in partner.

Can you explain to me how you find her annoying and whiny and why you had no issue with nick's live in partner as she was the root cause of her problems. Unless you are a different person, i find your assessment strange.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - irukandji - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 04:23 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: This forum contains entries revealing a hatred of Juliette way before season 4 debuted. I started watching the series in season 2, and while I never hated the character, I found her annoying and whiny. I also had no issue with her being Nicik's live in partner.

Can you explain to me how you find her annoying and whiny and why you had no issue with nick's live in partner as she was the root cause of her problems. Unless you are a different person, i find your assessment strange.

What do you mean "she was the root cause of her problems"? Are you talking about Juliette?

(10-14-2017, 10:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: This forum contains entries revealing a hatred of Juliette way before season 4 debuted. I started watching the series in season 2, and while I never hated the character, I found her annoying and whiny. I also had no issue with her being Nick's live in partner.

I was wondering if the criticism was the same. I say this because I see some posters using her actions in earlier seasons to explain what happened in season 4. It looks rather useless to me because I don't think what she did or didn't do in seasons 1 and 2 had much of an effect on what she did in season 4. I simply don't think the writers planned her arc that far ahead.

It hadn't gotten as specific, but then I looked at just a few entries. One of those mentioned a Juliette-type hate club over at IMDB. So apparently the hatred of Juliette stemmed way before she ever took the high road to hexenbiestdom.

For me, I can't look at previous seasons and point to a specific scene and have a aha moment, especially with this creative team. I just don't believe they're writing years ahead with ratings that were weak at best.

(10-14-2017, 10:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: For example, the recent posts about Juliette being a "slut" that I have no interest in. She slept with Renard and Kenneth so people are looking for clues in earlier seasons as to why she would do such a thing. I don't think there's anything in her earlier characterization that explains it.

There's nothing to explain it. I believe one of the posters here was trying to form a connection between Juliette's college girl days and being a slut currently. But that is heresay and I have a tendency to take female bragging with a bag of salt just like I do male bragging.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - dicappatore - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 07:38 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 04:23 AM)degrimm Wrote:

What do you mean "she was the root cause of her problems"? Are you talking about Juliette?

(10-14-2017, 10:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: This forum contains entries revealing a hatred of Juliette way before season 4 debuted. I started watching the series in season 2, and while I never hated the character, I found her annoying and whiny. I also had no issue with her being Nick's live in partner.

I was wondering if the criticism was the same. I say this because I see some posters using her actions in earlier seasons to explain what happened in season 4. It looks rather useless to me because I don't think what she did or didn't do in seasons 1 and 2 had much of an effect on what she did in season 4. I simply don't think the writers planned her arc that far ahead.

It hadn't gotten as specific, but then I looked at just a few entries. One of those mentioned a Juliette-type hate club over at IMDB. So apparently the hatred of Juliette stemmed way before she ever took the high road to hexenbiestdom.

For me, I can't look at previous seasons and point to a specific scene and have a aha moment, especially with this creative team. I just don't believe they're writing years ahead with ratings that were weak at best.

(10-14-2017, 10:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: For example, the recent posts about Juliette being a "slut" that I have no interest in. She slept with Renard and Kenneth so people are looking for clues in earlier seasons as to why she would do such a thing. I don't think there's anything in her earlier characterization that explains it.

There's nothing to explain it. I believe one of the posters here was trying to form a connection between Juliette's college girl days and being a slut currently. But that is heresay and I have a tendency to take female bragging with a bag of salt just like I do male bragging.

I was the one that collected all those incidents of her past to explain to myself and share my thought about her, as to WHY, would she sleep with Renard, of all people, after he failed to help her then throws her out of his house.

What did she mean when she said something like, “I am going to finish what we started”. What did she mean by that? Did she have regrets for getting her memories of Nick back? Did she forget that if the obsession for eachother would have ended in her and Sean’s death? Did most contributors to these forums forget that if it wasn’t for Nick’s initiative with the gang, Sean and Juliette would have croaked?

THAT’S A FACT FOLKS, NICK AND THE GANG, SAVED HER AND SEAN FROM DIEING. Another item the darling Juliette, forgot to consider when she was given permission from Ken to go to the spice shop.

I recalled the 3 incidents and posted them. The supermarket conversation about her previous boyfriend. Her grandmother being aware of her teen years about boys and cars. And her college years with Alice. If you consider them separately, they don’t mean much. But when you add them all up, I get an idea of the character prior to the pilot episode, about her persona. Something we weren’t privy about her past.

If we can consider some of the deleted scenes as important and part of the story line but were cut out for time constraints, why would these tid-bits of information be insignificant? Why would the producers/script writers include these scenes?

IMO, based on these facts, Juliette was not a great catch. Yea I would have dated her, But I think Nick was a better catch for her than she was for Nick. She was “No Catholic School Girl”. She was monogamous while she was dating Nick, but when she walked out on him, her true self came out. This is why I can easily tag her with the words, SLUT, TROLLOP and a few others.

Question to the contributors to these forums. What do you call a woman who had a dis-tasteful past with a guy, lets her spend a platonic night or two in his abode and while he reacts nasty to her, asking for his key back and telling her to “GET OUT”? She turns to him and shags him? What kind of woman would you consider her to be? Would any of the women on these post do the same?

Quote:Question to the contributors to these forums. What do you call a woman who had a dis-tasteful past with a guy, lets her spend a platonic night or two in his abode and while he reacts nasty to her, asking for his key back and telling her to “GET OUT”? She turns to him and shags him? What kind of woman would you consider her to be? Would any of the women on these post do the same?

That's a question that cannot be answered because no woman is ever going to tell that kind of a story about herself. If told by a man, I would have to consider it with a big bag of salt because it smacks of hatred for the woman. Just saying.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - brandon - 10-15-2017

I think that Juliette's grandmother knew how dangerous young and hormones teen.

(10-15-2017, 10:54 AM)brandon Wrote: I think that Juliette's grandmother knew how dangerous young and hormones teen.

What are you saying?

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - Robyn - 10-15-2017

If the plan was to write the character out of the show, I’d simply have her decide she wanted more than the Grimm life could provide, breakup with Nick and relocate.

If the Hexenbiest Juliette storyline was set in stone, I’d have her and Diana leave with the Royals at the end of S4 then return with the Royals for a final showdown with Team Grimm in S5 and conclude the Grimm/Royals conflict over the keys. I’d either kill her off as an antagonist or have her gain control of the Hexenbiest and her rage, then help Team Grimm defeat the Royals before leaving Portland and moving on with her life.

There is no scenario that I would present a new, independent persona housed in Juliette’s body.