Grimm Forum
How would you get rid of Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: How would you get rid of Juliette? (/Thread-How-would-you-get-rid-of-Juliette--3557)

Pages: 1 2 3

How would you get rid of Juliette? - Gustavo Woltmann - 03-06-2017

Thought of this question after seeing an online petition to have the Juliette character killed off. Now, I'm not even suggesting that Juliette needs to be killed off, but since she and Nick have basically zero chemistry and she's been stringing him along after turning down his proposal I'm left wondering what the best way to either get rid of her or get her away from Nick would be.
So...If it was up to you, how would you get rid of Juliette?

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - MarylikesGrimm - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 12:50 AM)Gustavo Woltmann Wrote: Thought of this question after seeing an online petition to have the Juliette character killed off. Now, I'm not even suggesting that Juliette needs to be killed off, but since she and Nick have basically zero chemistry and she's been stringing him along after turning down his proposal I'm left wondering what the best way to either get rid of her or get her away from Nick would be.

Eve and Adalind are great friends this season. Eve is great at planning and research so why does she need to be killed off?

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - izzy - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 12:50 AM)Gustavo Woltmann Wrote: Thought of this question after seeing an online petition to have the Juliette character killed off. Now, I'm not even suggesting that Juliette needs to be killed off, but since she and Nick have basically zero chemistry and she's been stringing him along after turning down his proposal I'm left wondering what the best way to either get rid of her or get her away from Nick would be.

I would slowly dissolve her living body in in a vat of oil. A slow painful death. One well deserved. Let Juliette suffer as the viewers of this series have had to suffer through Bitsie's lackluster characterizations of the many faces of Juliette/Eve.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - rpmaluki - 03-06-2017

Juliette doesn't need to die, she just needs to get a life and I mean that in a good way. She's been dealt a raw deal since Nick became a Grimm and it would be nice for the character to get a win and strike out on her own, make decisions that are about her, to her benefit and not relying on scraps like they have her doing this season.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - New Guy - 03-06-2017

Hi Forum,
Here is the NBC clip of Juliette's (Hexenette's) death.
http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/lovers-quarrel/2866475
IMO, the set, lines and action were ok. Not great but ok. More blood would have been more convincing. Perhaps rhythmic gushes from both wounds that become weaker as her heart gives out. Maybe have her woge in Nick's arms and he drops her into the pool of blood.
A closed coffin is required due to her decomposed hex-face:
[Image: grimm.jpg]
She is gross enough to make you hurl!
N G

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - wesen - 10-14-2017

I would have had Nick and Juliette break up by the end of season 1 or 2, allowing Nick to fully explore the wesen world without having to worry about Juliette all the time. If we're talking how to get rid of Juliette in season 6, I'd have her move away from Portland, continuing her work for HW as an agent.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 02:49 AM)wesen Wrote: I would have had Nick and Juliette break up by the end of season 1 or 2, allowing Nick to fully explore the wesen world without having to worry about Juliette all the time. If we're talking how to get rid of Juliette in season 6, I'd have her move away from Portland, continuing her work for HW as an agent.
I feel the same on both counts.

It was either write N/J overcoming their problems as a couple and getting stronger for it or dump the relationship before it became a drag for the viewers. The writers weren't Shakespeare or even Oscar worthy but they could have done better with them at the beginning of the show. If we're talking later seasons, let her leave with Trubel when HW called. She seemed to find her place with them a lot easier than hanging on the outskirts of the scoobies and making her seem like some sort of third wheel whether N/A or M/R.

Another option was to break them up because they know they are incompatible but keep her a part of the group, independent (like Monroe and Rosalee) and yet able to contribute her veterinary skills sort of similar to what we got in S6 but without the baggage of the past hanging over them.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

In the infamous words or Princes Leia Organa; Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope. Only I would change some names (shhh. I been accused of twisting stuff, so why not this quote?)

It would say; Help me, Diana. You're my only hope. I would have loved to see Diana become a really bad ass teenager and get revenge on the killing of her other mom, Kelly senior, the same way she took out Rachel. Using Juliette’s own stained bed sheets.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - irukandji - 10-14-2017

Whyever would anyone want to get rid of a character who generates the most controversy? Grimm would have cancelled after season 2 if Juliette left the series. Consider how boring it was for the five weeks she was gone in season 5. I could feel the anticipation from everyone, even the confirmed haters, waiting to see if she would return. How disappointed they would have been had she not. Even though there was a shortened season six, that would not have occurred without her.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

At the beginning of the show, Juliette generated very little controversy. She was cannon fodder for the likes of Adalind and whatever WotW. Becoming a hexenbiest raised her character above the role of perpetual victim who had been known to whine a little too much about Nick. Her working with the royals made her controversial but that came after three and half seasons of dull drudgery once you took away everything that happened to her.