Grimm Forum
Adalind's apology - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's apology (/Thread-Adalind-s-apology)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Adalind's apology - MarylikesGrimm - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 08:17 AM)Phin Wrote: Did anyone notice the change in Eve when Nick got home?
After being found in the tunnels, Eve was a little confused, eating and answering Adalind's questions. Then Adalind apologized, Nick got home and you could see the body language change in Eve. She put her arms by her sides and looked a bit meek when talking to Nick. Almost comes across like she is trying to get him to feel sorry for her.

I do not think Eve/Juliette wants to tell Nick about her touching the stick after she told him not to.

RE: Adalind's apology - Grimmbiest11 - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 06:52 AM)syscrash Wrote: Eve is going to seek the comfort of someone. On the alder she got emotional. At the table she got emotional. There just needs to be the opportunity. It is to late to build a relationship. But they will want to show she is back to being normal.

Are you saying getting laid will fix somehow Eve's identity crisis issues? Because I think there are many ways a character can be human. Her reactions to Nick and Adalind are entirely human and her vulnerability is showing.
I would love for her to find herself and still be the strong woman prototype the writers said she is. She doesn't need to get laid to prove it. It's annoying to see her moping around and need 'rescuing'.
We've seen enough of females needing to be 'rescued' from their miserable lives from Adalind. Doing that with Eve would be an overkill and a disservice to the character.

RE: Adalind's apology - degrimm - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 12:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 12:23 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 11:26 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 04:38 PM)degrimm Wrote: like i said these grimm writers have a problem, action and writing do not correlate completely. yes adalind gave him and juliette a chance at a normal life but as we all know, it wasn't only that. what adalind did connected her to nick as elizabeth said and such things would affect them, so where was the normal life there when adalind has herself connected to them for life.

If Nick did not get his powers back, I bet Adalind would have sued for child support.
If his powers never returned (and Juliette never became a hexenbiest), Nick wouldn't even know he was a father so no need to sue for custody.

Adalind and mama Kelly would not have been in danger but Adalind would still have needed money to raise Nick's baby so why not sue Nick for child support?

If Nick and Juliette were together why would he want custody of his baby?

nick's mum, nick and juliette would still be in danger; adalind would also be in danger cos she wont be depended on while pregnant and thus useless; she would still go to nick for protection, juliette will leave nick but not harm anyone. all in all we will be back to where we are in the scooby gang except juliette will not be a hexenbiest thus no eve.
HW AND BC will still exist but no eve and nick is nolonger a grimm or he might find another person who loves him as much as juliette to fall prey to their nadalind lives

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 08:58 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Are you saying getting laid will fix somehow Eve's identity crisis issues? Because I think there are many ways a character can be human. Her reactions to Nick and Adalind are entirely human and her vulnerability is showing.
I would love for her to find herself and still be the strong woman prototype the writers said she is. She doesn't need to get laid to prove it. It's annoying to see her moping around and need 'rescuing'.
We've seen enough of females needing to be 'rescued' from their miserable lives from Adalind. Doing that with Eve would be an overkill and a disservice to the character.

This is a very interesting perspective on Eve and Adalind. I am of the impression that the apology was made fairly late, and yet I was giving credit to Adalind for at the very least, making the attempt. I actually never considered Eve as a victim and Adalind her rescuer. Good call. I'll need to think on that.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-06-2017

I think Mary had it right. After lecturing Nick about how he needed to stay off the stick and pointing out to him that it had saved her life just as it had save hers, she's embarrassed as all hell that she couldn't even walk out of the damned tunnel.

Not to mention the fact that she was resting in Diana's bed and Diana has already asked if she was going to be living in it.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 02-06-2017

It's an odd question for Diana to ask. What would cause her to ask it I wonder.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-06-2017

Quote:Childcare for a baby is still expensive and Adalind had no family and Nick would have had no powers so child support was a win for Adalind and better than foster care if Adalind died.
You do remember Adalind is a hexenbiest with magic. That means she can get all the money she would ever need.
From being able to unlock anything she wants. To being able to mentally manipulate anyone she wants. She can even look like anyone she wants. So why would she need child support. Her biggest gift is she is a lawyer. find a millionaire. Draw up and contract giving her half his money. Then manipulate his mind to sign it in front of witnesses. I think some people on her forget she is a hexenbiest with magical powers.

Quote:I do not think Eve/Juliette wants to tell Nick about her touching the stick after she told him not to.
Nick and Trubel never said not to touch it. They said it could be dangerous to touch it. That is a big difference.

Quote:Are you saying getting laid will fix somehow Eve's identity crisis issues? Because I think there are many ways a character can be human. Her reactions to Nick and Adalind are entirely human and her vulnerability is showing.
You are right they don't have to use sex to show she is normal. The problem, for five seasons the show has used sex to prove a point. So far there has been no sex in season sex. There has not been a season where someone has not had sex. They could not end the show without having using sex for something.

(02-06-2017, 01:23 PM)syscrash Wrote: That means she can get all the money she would ever need.
From being able to unlock anything she wants. To being able to mentally manipulate anyone she wants. She can even look like anyone she wants. So why would she need child support. Her biggest gift is she is a lawyer. find a millionaire. Draw up and contract giving her half his money. Then manipulate his mind to sign it in front of witnesses. I think some people on her forget she is a hexenbiest with magical powers.

That was not true of her mom. She had sell to potions and she was traditional hexenbiest. As you pointed out Adalind tends to avoid using magic compared to other hexenbiests. Adalind lack of ability to manipulate even when she is 100% telling the truth has been well known on this show. She would need the child support and in case she died Nick would be there. That fact she is lawyer means she knows how important child support is.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-06-2017

Quote:nick's mum, nick and juliette would still be in danger; adalind would also be in danger cos she wont be depended on while pregnant and thus useless; she would still go to nick for protection, juliette will leave nick but not harm anyone. all in all we will be back to where we are in the scooby gang except juliette will not be a hexenbiest thus no eve.
Without Juliette being a hexenbiest you are right Nicks mom would still be in trouble.
But if Juliette was not a hexenbiest Adalind would have taken Juliette to Viktor and Kenneth would have never come to Portland. There would have been no reason for Adalind to leave the Royals.
If Juliette was not a hexenbiest there would have been no reason to leave Nick which means he would have never taken up with Adalind.
Juliette would have never become a hexenbiest if Nick had of not regained his powers.

(02-06-2017, 01:23 PM)syscrash Wrote: Nick and Trubel never said not to touch it. They said it could be dangerous to touch it. That is a big difference.
They could not end the show without having using sex for something.

Eve told Nick to put the stick away and she should not have touch it without someone else knowing she was down there. She made that to point Adalind with saying the stick part.

I would be happy with the show not having to use sex for something.