Grimm Forum
Adalind's apology - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's apology (/Thread-Adalind-s-apology)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-07-2018

It was specifically stated that "created" hexebiests are more powerful. I think it was Henrietta who said it, but it might have been Adalind.

The book describes the hexenbiest personality as vain, selfish, volatile and vengeful, but loyal to someone powerful to whom the hexenbiest forms an attachment. Presumably this would require the object of that attachment to show some loyalty in return, because of that vengeful thing. Hexenbiest Juliette was all of these things pumped up, especially once she got it into her head that Nick had chosen to protect Adalind from her.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 01-07-2018

Henrietta, who was not an ordinary hexenbiest herself, described the reaction of Juliette's blood as an unknown. She'd never seen it before and didn't know how deep it went. It was a syncretization that didn't syncretize. I can't speak for anyone else here, but that tells me Juliette was not a textbook hexenbiest.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-07-2018

Yes, I really expected that blood thing to be a precursor to Juliette turning into a super hexenbiest and ending up in a death match with Diana the super hexenchild. Then they dropped the whole thing and just made Juliette a super angry hexenbiest.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 01-07-2018

I think that was the whole point. Show her as a super angry hexenbiest who the world has never seen.

RE: Adalind's apology - Robyn - 01-07-2018

Diana v Juliette is an interesting idea. I’d be interested in which character G & K would depict as choosing good over evil.

RE: Adalind's apology - Hell Rell - 01-07-2018

(01-07-2018, 01:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: Diana v Juliette is an interesting idea. I’d be interested in which character G & K would depict as choosing good over evil.

I honestly thought that's where they were going early in season 5. I thought HW would be smart enough to know their conditioning might not hold and would use Diana if need be if Juliette started to seep through again and needed to be kept in check. Of course, that was way off-base but I suspected we would get Juliette vs. Diana at some point.

RE: Adalind's apology - Robyn - 01-08-2018

(01-07-2018, 02:56 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 01:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: Diana v Juliette is an interesting idea. I’d be interested in which character G & K would depict as choosing good over evil.
I honestly thought that's where they were going early in season 5. I thought HW would be smart enough to know their conditioning might not hold and would use Diana if need be if Juliette started to seep through again and needed to be kept in check. Of course, that was way off-base but I suspected we would get Juliette vs. Diana at some point.
I initially expected the Eve personality to remain intact with her and Nick finding middle ground as they went along. So I was a little surprised, and disappointed, when the stick whammy took away so much of the Eve personality. But yes, Juliette v Diana would have been an awesome showdown.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 01-08-2018

I originally thought this at one time, as well. However, I think I am probably one of the few who believes that the series was right not to pursue it.

RE: Adalind's apology - Robyn - 01-08-2018

(01-08-2018, 05:03 AM)irukandji Wrote:
I originally thought this at one time, as well. However, I think I am probably one of the few who believes that the series was right not to pursue it.
Considering that Grimm centers around a specific character, I doubt it would have been as exciting as it might have been otherwise. Juliette and Diana were presented as being superior to Nick in strength & ability, but, both were neutered in some fashion then positioned as Nick’s ally and/or ward. So the idea that the show would create a big showdown battle between these two and exclude Nick in saving the day isn’t feasible.