Grimm Forum
Adalind's apology - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's apology (/Thread-Adalind-s-apology)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Adalind's apology - MarylikesGrimm - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 02:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 09:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind feels secure in her relationship with Nick and she wants to try to make up for her past mistakes.

I took this statement from a different thread because it made me think about Adalind's apology because something about that apology bothered me.

I agree that Adalind feels comfortable in her relationship with Nick. She got Diana back and both children are with her. She's back at the fome and free to do what she wants. She's also getting along relatively well with Sean.

So Eve is unconscious and in the tunnel for days. We don't know if she has any money to live on her own. I tend to suspect not. But that aside, she's almost dead in the tunnel when Adalind finds and rescues her. Suffice to say, Adalind's life is going hunky dory. Eve's, not at all.

So Adalind takes the time to apologize at a time when everything is going great in her life and everything is going terrible in Eve's life and Eve really isn't in a totally cognizant frame of mind to even appreciate the gesture. It was probably one of the most ill-timed things I've ever seen on Grimm.

This was the first time the two have on screen by themselves since season 5. They worked together this season and If Adalind had not done it there would have other posters who would have been unhappy about it. IMO she wanted to make Eve feel welcome in her home even if it did not work.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 02-21-2017

I'm not so sure it was about making Eve feel at home as more about Adalind clearing her conscience.

(02-21-2017, 02:56 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm not so sure it was about making Eve feel at home as more about Adalind clearing her conscience.

Soon afterwards she tells Eve she cannot leave because she is not well enough so part of it IMO was making Eve feel at home.

RE: Adalind's apology - Nickster - 02-21-2017

(02-12-2017, 12:14 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 03:31 PM)syscrash Wrote: Even when Nick mom explained sacrifice for the benefit of her child. Adalind was not willing to sacrifice. even people on this forum have a problem with recognizing the need to sacrifice.

Kelly told Adalind, "sometimes we have to sacrifice what we love most."

Where's Kelly's law of sacrifice? Instead of ignoring the email from Juliette, she rushes to the house, putting Diana in extreme danger.

She's a hypocrite and her actions that night made everything a complete and catastrophic mess.

If she believed in her own words, she never would have showed up and left Nick to deal with the danger. After all, he made the decision to go along with Kelly in the first place.

Yeah. She is a hypocrite because she tells Adalind to give up her daughter and then goes and tells Nick not to give up Juliette. (But Juliette made the mess that night. Could have saved her, but chose not to.)

Most of them are hypocrites e.g. Rosalee telling Adalind not to hide things from Nick but allowing Nick to hide stuff from Adalind.

Also, Adalind's apology may be ill timed, but she said sorry in the end. To be sorry means to humble yourself and accept what you did was wrong. She could have chosen not to apologize for many reasons.
None of the scoobies ever apologized for kidnapping Diana from her own mother.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-21-2017

We know the Adalind and Eve work together. We also know Nick goes into the mirror after Eve. We can only surmise that it will take Adalind for him to make the trip. The apology was to pave they way to explain how they are working together.

I wonder if this ends with Nick not being able to bring Eve back. or Eve chooses to stay so Nick can go back because of Kelly and Adalind. That would leave it open that some day she could return instead of her being dead. Eve choosing to stay would be an emotional moment. It would also go along with Juliette / Eve continuously making great sacrifice that in no way benefits her. She does it for the sole benefit of Nick and her friends.

This could also leave Adalind in a tough position. Nick would feel guilt for not being able to save Eve. He would also be consumed with working to get her back at the expense of His and Adalind's relationship. It is the old move troupe how does a girlfriend compete with a dead ex girlfriend. I could see the show even have Nick in flash back of Mari warning him to let Juliette go. Also flash back of Juliette's sacrifice to return his grimm and her becoming a hexenebiest.

Adalind actually could have made the effort to apologize to Eve in season 5. It actually would have made more sense for her to do so back then. It just seems odd to me that, now that she's all happy and doing wonderful, and Eve is not, she takes the time to make her apology.

Quote:syscrash wrote:
We know the Adalind and Eve work together. We also know Nick goes into the mirror after Eve. We can only surmise that it will take Adalind for him to make the trip. The apology was to pave they way to explain how they are working together.

Or is the apology as a way of showing the two women will bond in the future? It's very possible that Nick will lose his life. It is a way for Eve to continue living at the fome.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 03:40 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind actually could have made the effort to apologize to Eve in season 5. It actually would have made more sense for her to do so back then.

You mean when Eve came out of the lift and Adalind asked her if she was there to kill her? What value is an apology from someone who thinks you're about to kiil her?

(02-21-2017, 04:26 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 03:40 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind actually could have made the effort to apologize to Eve in season 5. It actually would have made more sense for her to do so back then.

You mean when Eve came out of the lift and Adalind asked her if she was there to kill her? What value is an apology from someone who thinks you're about to kiil her?

No, that wasn't my meaning. If Adalind was so set on making an apology to Eve, all she had to do was tell Nick. Nick was in contact with Eve.

(02-21-2017, 04:37 PM)irukandji Wrote: No, that wasn't my meaning. If Adalind was so set on making an apology to Eve, all she had to do was tell Nick. Nick was in contact with Eve.

Do you think Nick would have done a good job of passing the apology to Eve? Would Trubel have been better?

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-21-2017

The problem with the apology is. Eve would need to have a concern for self for the apology to have any impact. To Eve it was a nice gesture but had no meaning one way or another.