Grimm Forum
Adalind's apology - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's apology (/Thread-Adalind-s-apology)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Adalind's apology - irukandji - 02-05-2017

So.....Adalind's apology. I always wonder at the timing of apologies like this, which is literally years after the events that caused the problems in the first place.........but Adalind did apologize.

For me, whenever a character takes years to apologize, it's uh-oh, for me because it not always, but usually signals an in the near future death for said character. Said character has repented and can go to his/her death in peace.

I haven't seen a lot of thoughts posted about her apology and Eve's reaction. I wondered what everyone thought.

RE: Adalind's apology - Robyn - 02-05-2017

I didn’t think about the timing in terms of years since the event, but considering the shape Eve was in and the shock of her living in the tunnel, I thought Adalind’s apology swooshed out of the blue. As though Adalind was remembering the last time Eve entered her home uninvited to threaten her. Not necessarily thinking Adalind’s apology wasn’t sincere, just unexpected considering everything going on at that moment.

RE: Adalind's apology - rpmaluki - 02-05-2017

Yes, it's years after the incidents that occurred but then there are two versions of Adalind, the villain, who would never apologize and the new Adalind from the last year or so. And even then,she spent most of that time fearful of Juliette and hated her because Juliette had decided to kill her (justified) and targeted her baby (not justified) and there were additional threats even when she'd become Eve. Adalind's not really had time to apologies until now. I'm glad she did, even though it came off as rather too late to mean anything. I don't think the apology was well received because Juliette HATED Adalind like a thousand times more than Nick did and it was justified. She went crazy as a hexenbiest because of Adalind. It would be weird for her to simply bury the hatchet. Eve is a more stable form of hexenbiest Juliette so she may appreciate Adalind helping her out in this episode but I'd be more cautious around her (JuliEve) either way.

As for who will die at end of the season, my deadpool has Adalind at #4 behind Nick, Sean and Juliette as the only deaths that mean anything. Monroe and Rosalee will move away while Hank and Wu come out with their lives in tact. I feel like Adalind will eventually get to raise both her children after so much story revolved around her losing Diana.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-05-2017

It was Eve reaction that is the most confusing. She neither accepted or rejected it. Given Eve was in a vulnar able state that could account for her lack of response. But to have Eve say she does not believe she belonged there. Only to have Adalind say she is to weak to leave. Makes the next move completely unpredictable. Is this a prelude to Eve and Adalind becoming friends. Nick did not look comfortable seeing Eve and Adalind there. Could they be building to Adalind and Eve staying at the fome and Nick leaving.

RE: Adalind's apology - rpmaluki - 02-05-2017

I think Adalind was talking about the immediate future when she said she was in no state to go anywhere, just as she assured Diana that Eve wasn't going to sleep in her bed from now on, but was just resting. I think this is likely the last time Eve will be trapped under the loft. She feels like she's invading their space. She may come by during the day as she continues to investigate the cloth/and stick but I don't think we'll see a repeat of the last few episodes.

Quote:Nick did not look comfortable seeing Eve and Adalind there.
Well, duh. Nick is still lying about the tunnels, the stick/cloth, and he and Juliette had a conversation about Diana’s possible destiny. The man does not want these two women comparing notes.

Quote:Could they be building to Adalind and Eve staying at the fome and Nick leaving.
That would be weird even for Grimm.

Quote:It was Eve reaction that is the most confusing. She neither accepted or rejected it.
When Adalind attempted to voice her regrets, Nick waved it off and instead told Adalind that she gave him and Juliette a chance at a normal life but they didn’t take it. These people have a weird way of giving and accepting apologies.

RE: Adalind's apology - degrimm - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 12:29 PM)Robyn Wrote: When Adalind attempted to voice her regrets, Nick waved it off and instead told Adalind that she gave him and Juliette a chance at a normal life but they didn’t take it. These people have a weird way of giving and accepting apologies.

like i said these grimm writers have a problem, action and writing do not correlate completely. yes adalind gave him and juliette a chance at a normal life but as we all know, it wasn't only that. what adalind did connected her to nick as elizabeth said and such things would affect them, so where was the normal life there when adalind has herself connected to them for life.
Do they know d definition of normal life on this show at all.

(02-05-2017, 04:38 PM)degrimm Wrote: like i said these grimm writers have a problem, action and writing do not correlate completely. yes adalind gave him and juliette a chance at a normal life but as we all know, it wasn't only that. what adalind did connected her to nick as elizabeth said and such things would affect them, so where was the normal life there when adalind has herself connected to them for life.
Do they know d definition of normal life on this show at all.
These characters don’t concern themselves with consequences until it bites them on the ass. And when it does, they don’t realize it’s their fault.

The chaotic, dangerous lifestyle has become the norm for the characters. That’s probably the reason my reaction to the children being exposed to such things clashes with the show/characters. I react with a typical, boring life mother’s point of view, while the characters consider their environment acceptable for their children. It really requires a total suspension of assumed normalcy.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-05-2017

You are right what is normal about moving your family back into a place that still has the blood on the floor from the massacre that happened there.

To us PTA members, Toys for Tots volunteers, it’s beyond abnormal, it’s absurd. But Adalind had her first child in the middle of woods while on the run. Nick moved his family into a paint factory to protect them. Eves lives in a tunnel and doesn’t bathe or change clothes for days. To them, it’s all part of day to day life.