Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Robyn - 01-14-2017

Rather anticlimactic from beginning to end considering the stakes. All in all, the character interaction felt stiff and unsure, as though in the early rehearsal stage. Roiz delivered the best performance, but the show finally has him back in his element as the character originally introduced. If I manage to make it through thirteen episodes, it will be most disappointing if Renard is retrofitted to the uncomfortable role of seemingly good guy. The final shot of Renard confident and satisfied was miles above the rest of the episode. My reaction was, well, too intimately private to share.

So far, Nick being a fugitive on the run consists of running from one identified and anticipated location to another. Three police officers and two military operatives, and no one grasps the necessity of burner phones or utilizing the nifty gadgets at the HW compound. Even when they occasionally remember not to use their cell phones, no one realizes they can still be tracked.

It was disappointing that the gang was again so easily manipulated by Renard, but not the least surprising. Renard has been playing both sides since day one, and Nick hasn’t had a clue or bothered to question Renard’s motives until he was directly disadvantaged. Adalind has firsthand experience with how cunning and ruthless Renard is, yet she’s still as gullible as when introduced when dealing with Renard, and Nick.

I was pleased that Eve still considers the Juliette emotions as a separate personality, and that for now, Eve remains the dominate and preferred personality. I really hope G&K don’t screw up Eve too much. For Eve to revert back to Juliette, or anything close to Juliette’s personality & emotional commitment to Nick would be a bigger mistake than Juliette being forced to become an alter ego in S5. Enjoyed the interaction between Nick & Eve over the stick. In this instance, having a little Juliette perspective might have been helpful. It would have been fun to watch, but was probably best for group camaraderie that Eve didn’t knock Nick down and take his stick from him.

Whether Toboni had other commitments or the show wanted her off the payroll, how G&K chose to remove Trubel was telling. Eve appeared surprised and disappointed that she didn’t receive an assignment. Why wasn’t Eve called to active duty along with Trubel? Those higher up in the HW chain of command didn’t share Meisner’s confidence in the Hexenbiest forced into a super soldier/weapon? Or did Trubel, loyal to HW, inform them that their super soldier/weapon had been compromised and was most likely unstable? Considering Nick didn’t actually join HW and proactively fight against BC, HW wanting Nick to leave with Trubel is a mystery. Although, Nick looking to Adalind when trying to wrap his brain around Trubel’s proposal is telling, just not sure what.

Nick sending Adalind and the children back to Renard showcases just how ineffective Nick is as a leader. If Renard had any inclination that he could persuade Adalind to willingly join him, that ended with the rope spell. While Renard won’t risk Diana’s wrath by openly harming Adalind, he certainly has the resources to take Kelly and hide him away. And Adalind has proven time and again that she is powerless to prevent her children from being taken. All Renard has to do to coerce Adalind into working against Nick is send Kelly somewhere and threaten that she will never see him again. Adalind would understandably comply with his demands.

The stick. Good grief, an entire season may hinge on a piece of wood with ethereal connotations. Still, I don’t see Nick’s obsession with the stick as automatically negative to his hero status. Yes, the stick hasn’t affected Eve and Monroe the same say, but it certainly affected Eve in ways it didn’t Monroe. There may be more indicators in play. We know that Grimms play a significant role in the stick’s mysterious history. For all we know, the stick is as drawn to Nick as he is to it, and the stick was simply waiting for Nick to embrace it’s power. It could also be that the stick isn’t innately good or evil, only directed by the holder. It might be enough for the person to be a warrior in the fight between good and evil. If so, it could just as easily been Trubel, Eve, Renard, or anyone else actively participating in the war of good and evil, but by happenstance, Nick was the first to retrieve and use the stick’s power.

Really hoping that whatever’s going on with Renard isn’t a silly cliché of Meisner reaching out from the beyond to either punish Renard or lead him to an enlightened path. My gag reflex can’t stand up to that. Hopefully it’s connected to the stick’s bigger play or possibly a foreshadowing of the big bad that’s yet to come. Diana’s involvement wouldn’t make sense. There’s not a legitimate reason for her to avenge Meisner since she’s never expressed a bond with anyone who’s taken her. Plus, the only path Diana would want to lead her father at this point is one that keeps her perfect family intact. Other than reacting to a perceived threat against her family status, Diana appears to be rather ambivalent toward others. When in the spice shop, she considered the others as people her mother happens to know, even when identifying Nick as Kelly’s father.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - MarylikesGrimm - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 09:16 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I really enjoyed this episode. I think the writer's did a good job off mixing it up and making it fun. Smile

On a sad note, according to their IMDb pages that was Danny Bruno's and Jacqueline Toboni's last credited appearance on the show. I know some folks didn't like Truble, but I did and I'm going to miss them both. Sad

Highlights for me:
1) "Monroe and Rosalee's Excellent Adventure In Babysitting!" Tongue

2) Best line: Adalind to Renard: "If I have to chose between me going to jail and you going to jail! - Good Luck with the grand jury!" Loved it!! Big Grin

Trubel has been on the set for filming of 'The End'.

(01-14-2017, 09:41 AM)Robyn Wrote: Three police officers and two military operatives, and no one grasps the necessity of burner phones or utilizing the nifty gadgets at the HW compound. Even when they occasionally remember not to use their cell phones, no one realizes they can still be tracked.

Trubel claims her phone cannot be tracked.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Hexenadler - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 09:16 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: On a sad note, according to their IMDb pages that was Danny Bruno's and Jacqueline Toboni's last credited appearance on the show. I know some folks didn't like Truble, but I did and I'm going to miss them both. Sad

Never trust IMDb. It'd be a little douchey on the show's part not to have them back for the final episode, at the very least.

(01-14-2017, 09:41 AM)Robyn Wrote: When in the spice shop, she considered the others as people her mother happens to know, even when identifying Nick as Kelly’s father.

The fact she mentions so much the term "Kelly’s father" means she sees baby Kelly, her half-brother, as part of her family and her main link to the Nick and the scooby group.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - wfmyers1207 - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 10:03 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 09:16 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: On a sad note, according to their IMDb pages that was Danny Bruno's and Jacqueline Toboni's last credited appearance on the show. I know some folks didn't like Truble, but I did and I'm going to miss them both. Sad

Never trust IMDb. It'd be a little douchey on the show's part not to have them back for the final episode, at the very least.

Well, we can always hope that they'll be back for the finale. It would be nice to see them one last time. Smile

(01-14-2017, 09:41 AM)Robyn Wrote: Nick sending Adalind and the children back to Renard showcases just how ineffective Nick is as a leader. If Renard had any inclination that he could persuade Adalind to willingly join him, that ended with the rope spell. While Renard won’t risk Diana’s wrath by openly harming Adalind, he certainly has the resources to take Kelly and hide him away. And Adalind has proven time and again that she is powerless to prevent her children from being taken. All Renard has to do to coerce Adalind into working against Nick is send Kelly somewhere and threaten that she will never see him again. Adalind would understandably comply with his demands.
Adalind should train Diana to protect Kelly. Renard or someone similar will not take Kelly from Diana. Diana does see Kelly as part of her family.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Robyn - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 09:56 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Trubel claims her phone cannot be tracked.
Trubel and Eve have phones issued by HW. Renard has only been actively tracking Nick’s phone, and possibly Hank & Wu. Hank & Nick discussed the risk of using their phones. Then Nick immediately called Bud or left his phone turned on while heading over to Bud’s repair shop. That’s how Renard found them at Bud’s, by tracking Nick’s cell phone. I get that the story required the gang becoming trapped. But really, do they have to make the characters stupid just to get them into position? Although, continuing to use their cell phones isn’t any more stupid than knowing Nick is being hunted and deciding to gather at one location.

(01-14-2017, 10:07 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The fact she mentions so much the term "Kelly’s father" means she sees baby Kelly, her half-brother, as part of her family and her main link to the Nick and the scooby group.
I don’t know what you mean by “mentions so much”. Diana told Nick, “you’re Kelly’s daddy.” That doesn’t imply anything other than Adalind has explained to Diana that she & Kelly have different fathers.

(01-14-2017, 10:24 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind should train Diana to protect Kelly. Renard or someone similar will not take Kelly from Diana. Diana does see Kelly as part of her family.
Diana recognizes Kelly as her brother because they share the same mother. I get the impression Adalind prefers Diana not use her powers at all. Things can turn on a dime, but so far Diana has not prevented her own kidnappings, and it appears she won’t thwart the one coming up later in the season. So not sure why Diana would prevent Kelly’s kidnapping if she doesn’t prevent her own.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Hexenadler - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 10:47 AM)Robyn Wrote: I get that the story required the gang becoming trapped. But really, do they have to make the characters stupid just to get them into position?

Lazy, apathetic storytelling at its finest.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-14-2017

Nick didn't call Bud, he sneaked into Bud's shop. Bud's shop turned up on Nick's phone records as a number Nick has called frequently in the past, and that is how they knew about the shop. They also went everywhere else that someone who knew Nick lived or worked. They didn't know for sure whether there was anyone in the shop at all until they sent someone in posing as a customer.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - speakeasy - 01-14-2017

I've always known that I was easily entertained and don't have much of a problem suspending disbelief if I'm into a program I enjoy. But Nick has never come over as stupid to me. Of course, I like the character.