Grimm Forum
Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt (/Thread-Nicholas-Nick-Burkhardt)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Hell Rell - 12-13-2016

Is Adalind not supposed to try? Should she just give up on Diana and let her run amok? I don't see why she can't make an attempt. The way Diana is behaving now is not good and I don't know if Adalind is the right person for the job but I also don't expect her to turn her back because that would show Diana that she isn't truly loved by anyone. That would make her even scarier.

The debates going on right now don't imply that it's a guarantee that Adalind would influence Diana in a positive way. It could turn to be a complete disaster. Kelly thought she was doing the right thing by raising Diana on her own. Adalind could be making the same mistake but there doesn't seem to be any alternative plan that would make Diana a wonderful person. She may never be a wonderful person but Adalind is the only one who doesn't want to use her to gain power. I know Adalind wanted to sell her for that very reason but hasn't since she gave birth. It is not minimizing her actions but explaining how she thought then and how she thinks now.

Personally, I can't see the show making a kid turn into a bad guy. I don't even think these writers have the balls to do it. If by some chance Diana does, I would like to see the stick come into the play because that thing is supposed to be very powerful. I don't know if it can do anything other than heal but a lot of importance was placed on it and it would be interesting to see a battle between someone using the most powerful weapon against the most powerful person.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 08:45 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Is Adalind not supposed to try? Should she just give up on Diana and let her run amok? I don't see why she can't make an attempt. The way Diana is behaving now is not good and I don't know if Adalind is the right person for the job but I also don't expect her to turn her back because that would show Diana that she isn't truly loved by anyone. That would make her even scarier.

The debates going on right now don't imply that it's a guarantee that Adalind would influence Diana in a positive way. It could turn to be a complete disaster. Kelly thought she was doing the right thing by raising Diana on her own. Adalind could be making the same mistake but there doesn't seem to be any alternative plan that would make Diana a wonderful person. She may never be a wonderful person but Adalind is the only one who doesn't want to use her to gain power. I know Adalind wanted to sell her for that very reason but hasn't since she gave birth. It is not minimizing her actions but explaining how she thought then and how she thinks now.

Personally, I can't see the show making a kid turn into a bad guy. I don't even think these writers have the balls to do it. If by some chance Diana does, I would like to see the stick come into the play because that thing is supposed to be very powerful. I don't know if it can do anything other than heal but a lot of importance was placed on it and it would interesting to see a battle between someone using the most powerful weapon against the most powerful person.

It seems the reality is Diana is too dangerous to let live. In the end, perhaps the best ending is Nick beheads Diana thus destroying whatever could have been between him and Adalind and accepting his role as a Grimm as he leaves the police force and simply disappears. They could lame it up by having Eve work for the Government as the inside agent and Nick as the outside enforcement arm who hunts the wesen that need to be put down. Overdone, lame as heck but then again look at what has been so far.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 09:11 AM)izzy Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 08:45 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Is Adalind not supposed to try? Should she just give up on Diana and let her run amok? I don't see why she can't make an attempt. The way Diana is behaving now is not good and I don't know if Adalind is the right person for the job but I also don't expect her to turn her back because that would show Diana that she isn't truly loved by anyone. That would make her even scarier.

Personally, I can't see the show making a kid turn into a bad guy. I don't even think these writers have the balls to do it. If by some chance Diana does, I would like to see the stick come into the play because that thing is supposed to be very powerful. I don't know if it can do anything other than heal but a lot of importance was placed on it and it would interesting to see a battle between someone using the most powerful weapon against the most powerful person.

It seems the reality is Diana is too dangerous to let live. In the end, perhaps the best ending is Nick beheads Diana thus destroying whatever could have been between him and Adalind and accepting his role as a Grimm as he leaves the police force and simply disappears. They could lame it up by having Eve work for the Government as the inside agent and Nick as the outside enforcement arm who hunts the wesen that need to be put down. Overdone, lame as heck but then again look at what has been so far.

Is your ending what happens to Kelly?

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 09:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Is your ending what happens to Kelly?

I would assume, if Nick grows up, Nick has to do what is good for mankind, if that means eliminating his own son, so be it. Adults make adult decisions. Every military squad leader has to face similar choices in terms of sacrifice for a greater good. But at this point we don;t even know that Kelly has vast powers.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 01:11 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 09:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Is your ending what happens to Kelly?

I would assume, if Nick grows up, Nick has to do what is good for mankind, if that means eliminating his own son, so be it. Adults make adult decisions. Every military squad leader has to face similar choices in terms of sacrifice for a greater good. But at this point we don;t even know that Kelly has vast powers.

I almost choked to death on a carrot.

That made my day. Thanks

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-13-2016

Quote:Diana's lack of empathy is worrying and that is probably from neglect from people thinking they are merely babysitting her. Kelly wanted to mould her and thus had a plan and would have tried to stick as close to it as possible. But what about the other foster parents, did they try and do the same knowing how special she was or was enough to feed and clothe her. The fact that she's unfeeling to the point of letting people get killed when she could have done something is why she needs emotional support or else she'll grow up into a sociopath, heck, she is one already but with deadly powers.This is where Adalind is coming in, to try and undo the damage two years of "abandonment" have wrought on her warped mind, not trying would make her a horrible mother, something she's is determined to subvert because she was such a horrible person.
We have seen Diana before she was born, as a baby, a toddler, now a young child. What do all of these version of her have in common. In each one it is quite evident she is not a person. The way she was created was to contact some great powers to see if Adalind and her baby would be accepted. Once she was accepted the baby became the vessel. We have never seen Diana do one thing that resembles the actions of a person. Before she was born she killed two agents. One with the pen in the eye. The other was controlling the gun. As a toddler not one sign of any type of emotion. She had no reaction to what happened to Kelly. With the king extreme defiant arrogance. Not action of a person. We see her now. When see meets Sean and then Adalind. There was no indication that she actual missed them or was glad to see them. She said the words but her affect lacked any emotion. In the warehouse after her demand. Her affect went totally flat. Even the trying to get Adalind and Sean together. It seems more like what is expected then what she really wants. Even the conversation with Adalind Diana response was her trying to understand human reactions.
Even from a logical stand point. Diana has shown with her powers you could not keep her some where unless she wanted to be there. She could have contacted Adalind at any time but didn't. People say Eve is robotic. Diana's interaction with people and situations is exactly what an artificial intelligence program would do. All of her questions are very logical and instructional.
the Diana character acts like the alien or robotic characters learning to be human in every sci-fi movie.
You can't point to one thing she has done that is even close to showing she is human. Even all of the complaints about her revolve around her seeming to be dysfunctional.
She has been under the protection of several different people yet not one thing has changed about how she responds. She has always evaluated the situation and reacted in a way to achieve her desired result. The agents where stopping her leaving she killed them. The King was playing with his grand daughter she responded with an act of defiance and demonstration of her powers.
I am not sure where they are going with the character. But they have left no doubt Diana is not a normal hexenbiest. She does not even act like a person. To think that any type of parenting would make a difference or that what Adalind does could make a difference only means you have not been watching the character. or people are only seeing what they want. After seeing how the show created the character. It would not have mattered if she was with the royals, the resistance, or Kelly. She would not have changed. It really looks like the show has created something that will have an agenda of it's own. I am wondering if the show will get to why Stefania creating Diana. Was it her idea or was it the powers that be.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-14-2016

Hi Forum,
Thanks to all who have posted on this thread.

My question:

Quote:. . . how can Greenwalt & Kouf bring Grimm back on track and provide a satisfactory conclusion in the 13 remaining episodes. It is OK to discuss such issues even though most of season 6 has been filmed it does not begin to air until January 6, 2017.

May I narrow it down to the Nick vs Renard dynamic? There is a hint at:
http://www.spoilersdaily.com/grimm-season-6-episode-1-fugitive-synopsis/
Quote:Following the massacre in Nick’s (David Giuntoli) loft, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) is hell bent on eliminating him once and for all. Hank (Russell Hornsby) and Wu (Reggie Lee) head back to the precinct to keep an eye on the Captain and help give the gang the upper hand.
1. Is Renard all in with BC?
2. Did he come to the fome to see Nick die?
3. How does he feel about stabbing Conrad in the back?
4. Did he forget about the three women he murdered and how Nick and the Scoobies gave him a perfect alibi?
5. How will Hank and Wu figure in to the equation?
6. Will Nick get to watch Nick annihilate Sleazy Sean?
What do you think?
N G

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 11:43 AM)New Guy Wrote: 6. Will Nick get to watch Nick annihilate Sleazy Sean?
What do you think?

I'll take sleazy Sean over Nancy-Nick any day - LOL!

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-15-2016

(12-14-2016, 07:45 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 11:43 AM)New Guy Wrote: 6. Will Nick get to watch Nick annihilate Sleazy Sean?
What do you think?

I'll take sleazy Sean over Nancy-Nick any day - LOL!
Hi Izzy,
I read on the Forum that some spoiler indicates Nick will smoke the hat, turn into Renard and then the big confrontation will be Sean Boy vs Fake Sean Boy. Will FrankenEve toke up too? A three way?
G&K are really out of ideas! Wink
N G

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-15-2016

The question is does Eve create the potion or does Adalind do it. Is the fake Sean how they get Nick to no longer be wanted.