Grimm Forum
Do you think there will be a spin off - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Do you think there will be a spin off (/Thread-Do-you-think-there-will-be-a-spin-off)

Pages: 1 2

Do you think there will be a spin off - jsgrimm45 - 10-12-2016

Do you think this will become a spin off?

Like Trubel and an unnamed wesen

Trubel alone

Trubel and Eve

Some other spin off

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - wfmyers1207 - 10-12-2016

Well, I was thinking that there might be a chance for some kind of spin off from the show. But, now I'm not so sure. It really sounds like the cast and show runners are not very upset about the idea of moving on to other things. Confused

Still, if there were to be a spin off, then besides the possibilities you mentioned they could try:

A prequel with a young Marie, Kelly and their father.

A prequel that deals with the founding of HW just after WWII and following it's history through the Cold War. Think Grimm meets the Bourne Identity or maybe James Bond! Smile Dodgy

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - jsgrimm45 - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 11:24 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, I was thinking that there might be a chance for some kind of spin off from the show. But, now I'm not so sure. It really sounds like the cast and show runners are not very upset about the idea of moving on to other things. Confused

Still, if there were to be a spin off, then besides the possibilities you mentioned they could try:

A prequel with a young Marie, Kelly and their father.

A prequel that deals with the founding of HW just after WWII and following it's history through the Cold War. Think Grimm meets the Bourne Identity or maybe James Bond! Smile Dodgy
Good ideas hadn't thought of those. We also could go back to the Grimm Knights that looks to be the in thing now.

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - eric - 10-12-2016

Some shows spawn good spinoffs(Cheers had the show about the shrink and his brother=senior moment, sorrySad . Others, well....Mash had the show with Henry Morgan in a post-war VA hospital, Highlander had the one about the female Immortal(second senior moment). My guess there are more duds than hits. IMOA a Grimm spinoff could have one or two of the original cast but in a different format . Maybe Adeline and the kids relocate to some small town in Nebraska and their adjustment , and the town folk adjusting to them(a family comedy-sort of like Bewitched), or a show where they relocate a lot because of something one of them does(dark tragedy, never being able to fit in.).

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - Hell Rell - 10-12-2016

The most successful spinoffs I can think of are Frasier, The Jeffersons, and NCIS. Those three came from Cheers, All in the Family, and Jag. The first two were two of the most popular shows of all time and Jag was highly successful as well. I didn't even mention CSI, Law & Order, and all the shows that spawned from those successful franchises.

Grimm just doesn't have the cache. I could see this working on the CW but not NBC. Once Upon a Time premiered the same year as Grimm and had a larger audience over its run although its numbers have declined as well and probably won't see another season. It had a spinoff that didn't last past 13 episodes and it only made it that far because of the relationship between OUAT's creators and ABC. Grimm would've had to maintain its earlier numbers to encourage the network to give it a spinoff but that didn't happen. It's not a sound decision to create a spinoff when interest in the parent show has dwindled.

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - syscrash - 10-14-2016

I think of Originals and Vampire Diaries as successful spin offs. The highlander had the spin off called the Raven where the featured Amanda. Which would be like featuring Trubel in a spin off. The problem Trubel is not an authoritative character so people under her would be hard to vision. But then they grow Trubel from season 3 to the HW agent in season 5. In season 5 there was nothing of the Nick portage character left. In a spin off they could advance her one more time to a full Grimm that controls her own actions. Make her and older controlled survivor that we saw when we first meet her in season 3. Make her a mirror image of Kelly. Have her be the Grimm we always wanted to see Nick be.

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - wesen - 09-19-2017

(10-12-2016, 08:54 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The most successful spinoffs I can think of are Frasier, The Jeffersons, and NCIS. Those three came from Cheers, All in the Family, and Jag. The first two were two of the most popular shows of all time and Jag was highly successful as well. I didn't even mention CSI, Law & Order, and all the shows that spawned from those successful franchises.

Grimm just doesn't have the cache. I could see this working on the CW but not NBC. Once Upon a Time premiered the same year as Grimm and had a larger audience over its run although its numbers have declined as well and probably won't see another season. It had a spinoff that didn't last past 13 episodes and it only made it that far because of the relationship between OUAT's creators and ABC. Grimm would've had to maintain its earlier numbers to encourage the network to give it a spinoff but that didn't happen. It's not a sound decision to create a spinoff when interest in the parent show has dwindled.

Couldn't G and K sell the spinoff to a different network then? Like in CW or Netflix? Isn't Grimm supposed to be quite popular internationally? so it may have lost some of its viewers but still retained enough of its core audience? And with Grimm being shown on Netflix, the interest may still be there.

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - dicappatore - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 01:59 AM)wesen Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 08:54 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The most successful spinoffs I can think of are Frasier, The Jeffersons, and NCIS. Those three came from Cheers, All in the Family, and Jag. The first two were two of the most popular shows of all time and Jag was highly successful as well. I didn't even mention CSI, Law & Order, and all the shows that spawned from those successful franchises.

Couldn't G and K sell the spinoff to a different network then? Like in CW or Netflix? Isn't Grimm supposed to be quite popular internationally? so it may have lost some of its viewers but still retained enough of its core audience? And with Grimm being shown on Netflix, the interest may still be there.

I hope I am wrong, but I think NBC owns the rights to broadcast and they are a bunch of stupid pricks. I hope I am wrong.

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - Hexenadler - 09-19-2017

I think a more comedic-toned spinoff focusing on Monroe and Rosalee would have the most potential. Silas Weir Mitchell has the chops to be a solid leading man (IMO), and the unresolved subplot with the triplets could offer enough material for THREE seasons at least. Juliette/Eve and Trubel could be a good pair of supporting players.

RE: Do you think there will be a spin off - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-19-2017

NBCU has an ownership stake in Grimm, but is not the sole owner. And if someone else wanted to air a revival or a spin off and was willing to pay enough for it to make a profit, they all like money.