Grimm Forum
Aunt Marie's tailer - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Aunt Marie's tailer (/Thread-Aunt-Marie-s-tailer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Aunt Marie's tailer - izzy - 09-05-2016

Did anyone in the know (actors, writers, directors, producers) ever reveal the innate logic of having Juliette torch Aunt Marie's tailer as opposed to our speculations on why.

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-05-2016

The trailer set (which was not inside the actual trailer) was a pain to shoot in with only one or two people in it, and once the number of characters who had access to it expanded to almost the entire cast it was impossible. The day they filmed Juliette torching the shell, there was a happy cheer from both cast and crew.

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - New Guy - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 04:48 PM)izzy Wrote: Did anyone in the know (actors, writers, directors, producers) ever reveal the innate logic of having Juliette torch Aunt Marie's trailer as opposed to our speculations on why.
Hi Izzy,
In 4.20, "You Don't Know Jack" Hexenette tells Kenneth that the trailer ashes on her hand are "payback."
Quote:Juliette: You expect me to stay here?
Kenneth: I do. Your room's right there.
Juliette: So you don't think Adalind is coming back.
Kenneth: I don't see why she would. Now that Nick knows he's going to be a Grimm daddy, I'm sure he's taking very good care of her. [He notices an ash mark on Juliette's hand] Been burning some bridges?
Juliette: A little payback.
Kenneth: Oh. We're going to have a lot of that.
Perhaps she thinks arson is a means of repayment? Kenny asks about burning bridges. Was he talking about the bridge to the fans who looked upon her favorably and were wanting her to find redemption but just got an arsonist?
New Guy

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - syscrash - 09-05-2016

The shooting limitations is what the writers have said is the reason for getting rid of the trailer. That does not explain why they had juliette do it. I think have the book in the spice shop which is where they worked on cures was a very practical idea.

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-05-2016

If they wanted to demonstrate that Juliette had changed and gone off the rails, the only thing that would have done it better would have been for her to kill someone. That trailer was practically a character.

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - New Guy - 09-06-2016

Hi Forum,
It seems many of us continue to miss Marie's trailer. Here are two prior Forum threads:

http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Aunt-Marie-s-Trailer

http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Real-reason-trailer-burned

There was a (NBC ?) tour of the trailer. Here are two YouTubes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuqEWj1PhhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfdlvuteOJY

IMO, FrankenEve's arson of Marie's trailer not only hurt Nick, but was detrimental to the show in many ways. The trailer was a repository of Grimm history, culture, weaponry and defense methods. It was HQ for Team Scooby. Hexenette's vile act of hate toward Grimms brought a reaction from fans as many Americans would react to a former war hero who joins Isis and burns the National Archives, Smithsonian Institute and Pentagon. (I may have exaggerated a bit, but . . .)
New Guy

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - irukandji - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 07:54 AM)New Guy Wrote: IMO, FrankenEve's arson of Marie's trailer not only hurt Nick, but was detrimental to the show in many ways. The trailer was a repository of Grimm history, culture, weaponry and defense methods. It was HQ for Team Scooby. Hexenette's vile act of hate toward Grimms brought a reaction from fans as many Americans would react to a former war hero who joins Isis and burns the National Archives, Smithsonian Institute and Pentagon. (I may have exaggerated a bit, but . . .)
New Guy

I don't think it's hurt Nick or anyone, New Guy. This whole season he hasn't had to reference the new books or weapons at all.

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - New Guy - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 09:34 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-06-2016, 07:54 AM)New Guy Wrote: IMO, FrankenEve's arson of Marie's trailer not only hurt Nick, but was detrimental to the show in many ways. The trailer was a repository of Grimm history, culture, weaponry and defense methods. It was HQ for Team Scooby. Hexenette's vile act of hate toward Grimms brought a reaction from fans as many Americans would react to a former war hero who joins Isis and burns the National Archives, Smithsonian Institute and Pentagon. (I may have exaggerated a bit, but . . .)
New Guy

I don't think it's hurt Nick or anyone, New Guy. This whole season he hasn't had to reference the new books or weapons at all.
Hi Iruk,
The transcripts provide evidence that "books"5.06 were used in Season Five.
5.05, Rat King:
Quote:Rosalee: Not unless we're talking about Riesen-Ratte.
Monroe: A Rat King? Come on, that's not real.
Nick: Why not?
Monroe: Are you kidding me? A 20-foot-tall Ratzilla that can't be stopped? I mean, where's a thing like that gonna hide? Somebody would have seen one somewhere.
Rosalee: There might be something in one of your books.
Monroe: I'm sure there is, but I'm telling you, it's just an old rat's tale. [He goes to look through his books]
5.06 Wesen Nacht:
Quote:Monroe: A lot of street violence is not happenstance. I mean, some of it is, of course, but just so you know- [He sighs] The majority of street riots are instigated by Wesen. It's not something we're proud of, and certainly not something the history books will tell you, but there it is. [He opens a book] Here's a good example. Réveillon riots. Paris, 1789.
Rosalee: That's a good one. Everyone thinks this started because one factory was unionized and the others weren't.
Skip to 5.22, The Beginning of the End:
Quote:Eve: You need to get to the spice shop and hide anything you don't want Black Claw to find.
Monroe: Hide, like where? I mean, we've got all the books and the drawings—
Rosalee: And weapons.
Monroe: Black Claw can't get their hands on any of that stuff. I think we got to move it out of the basement—
Eve: No, it is too late to move anything. Black Claw will be watching. Hide it the best you can.
Rosalee: What about the opening to the old sewer line?
Monroe: Yeah. I don't think anybody would look down there. I know I wouldn't.
. . . .
Monroe: I have a feeling we're gonna need her and whole lot more. [He picks up the Grimm lineage book] Oh, my God, this is one of the books my uncle Felix died for.
Rosalee: Oh, the Grimm ancestry book.
Monroe: Can you imagine if Black Claw got a hold of this?
Rosalee: They could hunt down and kill every Grimm.
Monroe: There is no way they are getting their stinking hands on this baby.
. . . .
Nick: If I tell you where the book is, what's to stop you from killing me?
Bonaparte: We set up an exchange.
Nick: How's that gonna work? Adalind will never give up her son.
Bonaparte: I'll deal with Adalind. You arrange for the book to be delivered here, and I'll arrange for Kelly to be delivered wherever you want.
IMO, the books were significant in Season Five. Some characters even died trying to get them.
Nick used the labrys to kill Marshall in 5.22:
Quote:[The scene shifts to Nick as he continues fighting. Marshall arrives and repeatedly shoots at Nick as Nick takes cover. Marshall grabs a sword and woges into a Schakal. He and Nick start fighting: sword vs. labrys. Nick eventually knocks Marshall to the ground and he grabs a gun from one of the bodies. He shoots Nick in the chest multiple times and Nick falls to the ground, seemingly dead]
Marshall: [He retracts and makes a call] It's over. Yeah. Yeah, roger that.
[Nick stands up behind Marshall]
Marshall: [He turns around and sees Nick] How the hell-
[Nick quickly kills Marshall with the labrys.
I did not assemble an exhaustive list, however IMO the books and weapons were important to Season Five.
New Guy

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-06-2016

In S05 the books changed from being a regular source of necessary information to being a mcguffin that people fought to acquire. By the finale, they could just as well have been a statue of a black bird.

If the series manages to return to any kind of WoW plots, the books may return to their former prominence. And the spice shop basement set will be a heck of a lot easier to film a scene with Nick, Hank, Monroe, Rosalee, Trubel, Wu and Eve in it.

RE: Aunt Marie's tailer - izzy - 09-06-2016

I must say this whole "it as hard to film" thing seems odd, given other shows have done it (the Rockford files etc).

I think the standard joke was the trailer was some sort of TARDIS as it obviously was bigger inside than outside, and of course everything in it had magical properties that kept them from shifting around when the trailer was in motion.

I have a bias thought, the trailer made the show for me. I use to delight in clicking around on the Grimm sight to see what was in the trailer. To me, in many ways it was the best part of the show.