Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-Finally-a-relationship-at-season-6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - Minnu - 06-18-2016

After exciting high and low, both deserved some luck.
Maybe even together.Heart
What do you think???

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - izzy - 06-18-2016

What Nick and Adalind want or deserves matters little to me. I am old fashioned and what matters to me is that the children grow up in a two parent. classic-traditional household, with an opposite sex mommy & daddy.

Nick has shown he is willing to man up and be a real father to his son and he also is willing to support Adalind (fiscally and emotionally) as the mother of his child. It would be nice if Adalind would go back to putting the children first and baking cookies, nurturing the little ones and focus on being a great mother. Nick has a steady paycheck, a rich pension so the fiscal matters are covered, put a ring on her finger and give her an economic stake in his life. Put the kids first. It seems both Nick and Adalind want to be good parents, I am sure they could work out anything between them if the children are their focus. I could say ditto for Renard, I think he would be an outstanding father and husband also if he so desired. Either Nick or Renard needs to man up and relinquish their claim on one of the children (in totality) and adopt the other as their own ad vow to be the best father and husband they can be.

This knuckle dragging 1950s Ozzie and Harriet moment brought to you by Izzy, a true believer in the benefits to the children of the classic nuclear family.

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - Devegs - 06-18-2016

(06-18-2016, 03:26 PM)izzy Wrote: What Nick and Adalind want or deserves matters little to me. I am old fashioned and what matters to me is that the children grow up in a two parent. classic-traditional household, with an opposite sex mommy & daddy.

Nick has shown he is willing to man up and be a real father to his son and he also is willing to support Adalind (fiscally and emotionally) as the mother of his child. It would be nice if Adalind would go back to putting the children first and baking cookies, nurturing the little ones and focus on being a great mother. Nick has a steady paycheck, a rich pension so the fiscal matters are covered, put a ring on her finger and give her an economic stake in his life. Put the kids first. It seems both Nick and Adalind want to be good parents, I am sure they could work out anything between them if the children are their focus. I could say ditto for Renard, I think he would be an outstanding father and husband also if he so desired. Either Nick or Renard needs to man up and relinquish their claim on one of the children (in totality) and adopt the other as their own ad vow to be the best father and husband they can be.

This knuckle dragging 1950s Ozzie and Harriet moment brought to you by Izzy, a true believer in the benefits to the children of the classic nuclear family.

Very funny but I absolutely loved this post. I'm kinda with you there. I can't wait to see what the writers come up with for season 6. Regardless of who ends with who, what I want is Adalind taking care of both kids.... and what you said Izzy. :)

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - jsgrimm45 - 06-18-2016

From there early reactions I think it is likely that the Adalind Nick together was always the plan. For a Grimm a human mate just didn't look to be a good way to go. The only other marriage we know of was Nick father and mother and that didn't work out well.

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - izzy - 06-18-2016

(06-18-2016, 03:57 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: From there early reactions I think it is likely that the Adalind Nick together was always the plan. For a Grimm a human mate just didn't look to be a good way to go. The only other marriage we know of was Nick father and mother and that didn't work out well.

From a pragmatic stand point, lawyer-Leo relationships are fairly common and tend to work. Both parties tend to get the other's responsibilities and the role they play in a civil society. Simply less family discord when both parties understand the role their job plays in society innately.

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - brandon - 06-18-2016

all my votes for this couple.the relationship of the parents of Nick end up destroyed by the guys were behind coins.Marie's relationship with Farley unconfirmed.-although I hope it is-
with respect to it, perhaps because she loved him and she would not want to endanger.and secondly was Nick.Marie would want to take care of in an environment-normal without "Wesen".and this the fact that both sisters do not react well when they began to see the "Wesen".It could have caused trauma.as Monroe said not everyone reacts well.
there is just an interview with Bree T.who saw the first chapter and that scene.their belief is that the relationship started there-and that Juliette had not come indenme

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - Kathryn Wooten - 06-19-2016

I don't think they will be together for awhile, because the unpredictablities of Diana mood swings....it would be totally wrong that Diana leaving her father without companionship and she would allow Adalind to play house with Nick....and we do not know what the effects the ring is going to cause

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - Robyn - 06-19-2016

If both Nick and Adalind committed to the relationship to create a loving and healthy home for the children, I don’t think a lack of passionate love would interfere. It would either happen naturally over time or be an amicable tradeoff. But that’s not where they are.

Nick doesn’t trust Adalind, keeps secrets, and discusses her with Monroe & Rosalee as though she’s a necessary component in his life. The most Nick has expressed to Adalind is love for the mother of his child. In contrast, Adalind is in love and has done everything she can to show Nick she is completely committed to him and the relationship.

The imbalance will only change if Nick experiences significant personal growth and tolerance. Or, the imbalance will only work long term if Adalind never experiences personal growth, specifically, self awareness and independence. Should Adalind want/need an equal voice in the relationship and the passionate love Nick can’t give her, their loving and healthy home becomes a house of cards susceptible to an unexpected breeze.

As for fathering Diana, Nick still has issues accepting Adalind’s Hexenbiest side. It has to be more than his volatile history with Adalind because he had the same issues with Juliette. If Nick can’t accept/trust Adalind, how can he be a loving and effective father to Diana, or his own child for that matter.

In comparison, if S6 brings Renard full circle so he realizes his family has to take priority over his hunger for power, I think he would make the better parent. Renard is much more likely to fully accept & love Kelly as who/what he is than Nick would accept Diana. Also, Adalind isn’t allowing him to manipulate her emotions and she isn’t putting his wants first. That both have to invest emotionally creates a more balanced relationship, which ultimately creates a more loving and healthy home.

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - irukandji - 06-25-2016

In my opinion, Nick and Adalind are not an ideal couple. They both have major failings in their past, and that is not a foundation for a relationship.

I also find Nick's total acceptance of Adalind's situation and of baby Kelly as his as totally bizarre. As a hardbitten cop who's dealt with domestic cases, I would have thought he would have at the very least demanded a paternity test to prove Kelly is his.

RE: Nick and Adalind??? Finally a relationship at season 6??? - Hexenadler - 06-25-2016

"Nadalind" was an ethically irresponsible idea from the moment it was conceived. I've already stated why too many times. The fact almost all of season 5 revolved around their relationship is offensive enough. It's sad that season 6 probably won't have enough time to make up for it.