Grimm Forum
The Stick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Stick? (/Thread-The-Stick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Stick? - Elkhound - 03-11-2016

I think it may be a fragment of the True Cross. Remember, it was brought from Constantinople. Constantine's mother, St. Helena, excavated in Jerusalem, and supposedly found the True Cross. There were many fragments of wood in Europe & the Middle East that were supposedly bits of the True Cross, most of them fakes, but what if this one was real? Perhaps the ONLY real one to survive? That would explain its healing power.

RE: The Stick? - Hexenadler - 03-11-2016

I'm inclined to think it's one of the stakes used to impale Jesus Christ on the crucifix. The stick was covered with Christ's blood, which would explain its healing attributes.

RE: The Stick? - Elkhound - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 08:08 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: I'm inclined to think it's one of the stakes used to impale Jesus Christ on the crucifix. The stick was covered with Christ's blood, which would explain its healing attributes.

I think the Romans used metal spikes for that purpose. In either case, it is a Holy Relic.

RE: The Stick? - jsgrimm45 - 03-11-2016

Wonder if it will stop Adalind from becoming a hexenbiest?

RE: The Stick? - Nightschade - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 08:20 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Wonder if it will stop Adalind from becoming a hexenbiest?

I didn't even think about that! Maybe it could. I wonder if Nick will even really tell her about it though. She's still not really included with the scoobies. I don't think he fully trusts her fully yet, which is understandable. But maybe if she tells him about her powers coming back he'll want to get rid of them as much as she does and that will push him to try anything.

RE: The Stick? - droid327 - 03-11-2016

This whole scene was written soooo schlockily. I did like, though, how Hank was like "maybe its a piece of a bigger piece of wood, guys? Something important? Something that Crusaders would have been very interested in protecting, huh? Guys? Huh?" But then he seemed mystified that it healed Monroe, so I dunno.

The whole time I was like DUHHH what else do you think it is? What other piece of wood was so very important to Crusaders? Sometimes the plot armor around their brains is just so thick...

RE: The Stick? - SpoiltOne - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 08:18 PM)Elkhound Wrote: In either case, it is a Holy Relic.

I agree...I wager it is either going to be an actual part/shard of Jesus's crussifiction cross or a part/shard of the Lance of Longinus (aka: The Spear of Destiny) which was used to pierce to side of Jesus when he was up on the cross.

RE: The Stick? - SpoiltOne - 03-11-2016

This article made it's way to the web a day ago.

Link:
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/39-grimm-39-bosses-tease-100th-episode-39-opens-1381557505212470.html

Here is the relevant part as it pertains to "the stick"
Quote:All kidding aside, they were serious about revealing the spoils of war. “The answer is in real history,” Greenwalt says. “If you know a little bit about the Crusades and Constantinople and what was there, then you could probably figure it out. The answer has been there all along.”

And just as the legend promised, it is a biggie and its locating will have major consequences. Greenwalt teases, “The good thing is the story keeps morphing. What they discover at the end of the 100th episode opens up a lot of new doors and introduces more questions and possibilities so it actually allows us to explore a whole other universe of ideas. There is lots of chaos coming. Nobody is safe.”

After reading that I am going to go all in on that shard being a piece of the Lance of Longinus (aka: the spear of destiny).

If you take the bold part and apply it to your thinking then there is a good chance that the shard of wood from tonight is a piece of the spear of destiny. Why is that? Well that is because Emperor Constantine who's capital was Constantinople during this time period was said to have been at one time the owner of the spear of destiny. In fact one legend has it even being buried with him when he died...though most have it's final resting place in various other places.

That said there are several different stories that tie the spear directly to being in Constantinople during the Crusades.

Also remember what we previously knew of the Grimm treasure in that it was hidden away because the seven knights thought that it could give its possessor the power to rule the world....and wouldn't you know it that one of the descriptors of the lance is that who ever possesses it will have to power to rule the world.

Some other little tidbits on the spear of destiny...depending on what myths and legends you encounter possessing it is supposed to imbue it's holder with invincibility, clairvoyance, clairaudience, precognition and guidance from the power the lance, as well as healing, and the prolonging of one's natural life.

RE: The Stick? - syscrash - 03-11-2016

What is the down side to the stick. They hide it for a reason. If all it did was heal why hide it. Is there a side effect. Every other magic has had side effects.

RE: The Stick? - irukandji - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 11:25 PM)syscrash Wrote: What is the down side to the stick. They hide it for a reason. If all it did was heal why hide it. Is there a side effect. Every other magic has had side effects.

This is an interesting observation, syscrash. Do you think the stick is magical rather than a holy relic?