Grimm Forum
Is Juliette a hypocrite? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is Juliette a hypocrite? (/Thread-Is-Juliette-a-hypocrite)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is Juliette a hypocrite? - Hexenadler - 09-02-2015

I couldn't help but remember the scene where Juliette first woged in front of Nick. Just before she "hexed out," she stated outright how much she loved him. In a later episode, Nick says the same basic thing to Juliette, and she laughs in his face.

Considering Juliette was a Hexenbiest in both scenes, was there any real reason why she turned mean on Nick in that one moment, beyond "Hexenbiests are naturally bitchy?" Is it all right for her to say the L-word? Does the concept simply become ridiculous to her ears when anyone else says it? This pattern repeats itself in the last episode, when she mocks Nick for claiming to "love her," only to state a few moments later "maybe I do still love you..." The writers weren't too clear about what was going on inside Juliette's head.

I'd love to see a future episode where Juliette (assuming she comes back) scorns the idea of love again, only for another character to point out how she doesn't get to laugh at a word she keeps using herself.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - jsgrimm45 - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 10:07 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I couldn't help but remember the scene where Juliette first woged in front of Nick. Just before she "hexed out," she stated outright how much she loved him. In a later episode, Nick says the same basic thing to Juliette, and she laughs in his face.

Considering Juliette was a Hexenbiest in both scenes, was there any real reason why she turned mean on Nick in that one moment, beyond "Hexenbiests are naturally bitchy?" Is it all right for her to say the L-word? Does the concept simply become ridiculous to her ears when anyone else says it? This pattern repeats itself in the last episode, when she mocks Nick for claiming to "love her," only to state a few moments later "maybe I do still love you..." The writers weren't too clear about what was going on inside Juliette's head.

I'd love to see a future episode where Juliette (assuming she comes back) scorns the idea of love again, only for another character to point out how she doesn't get to laugh at a word she keeps using herself.
Could be just me but when someone add a prerequisite to something means just the opposite. Juliette adding "maybe" was that precondition to me meaning not likely.

Did you note in the car with Kenneth when he was told Nick was at the house plus two others, Kenneth said kill them all she didn't say anything. That was the an OK on her part to kill Nick. To answer your thread yes she was a hypocrite, Look at the jail scene with Nick and Rosalee I see your thread here also.

Just my 2 cents.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - Hexenadler - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 10:23 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Could be just me but when someone add a prerequisite to something means just the opposite. Juliette adding "maybe" was that precondition to me meaning not likely.

Did you note in the car with Kenneth when he was told Nick was at the house plus two others, Kenneth said kill them all she didn't say anything. That was the an OK on her part to kill Nick. To answer your thread yes she was a hypocrite, Look at the jail scene with Nick and Rosalee I see your thread here also.

Just my 2 cents.

I think it makes more sense to say those scenes were just badly written. Rolleyes

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-02-2015

I am being typing something very obvious, but just to be clear about your intention about the question...
If by hypocrite you mean Juliette was pretending to believe something she was not able anymore to believe: in love, in friendship, in goodness. If you mean Juliette was acting to be someone she was not anymore, like when just before she "hexed out," she stated outright how much she loved Nick even maybe not loving anymore…

I think you right. Henrietta warned Nick that hexans are very manipulative creatures. I think that Juliette playing with the words like in "maybe I do still love you..." was her hexan nature being manipulative. Maybe hexanbiests are just hypocrite creatures.

How many times did us doubt from Sean sincerity about Nick, for example? If I remember right, he asked his mother to help Nick to recover his powers because Nick was valuable only as a grimm. It means that for Sean his objectives are bigger than Nick’s desire (ok, Nick wanted to recover the grimm powers, but Sean didn’t ask It to him) and bigger then Juliette’s life (neither Sean or his mother worried about the results of the spell over Juliette… there are another thread where we are discussing if Juliette transformation was really a side effect or actually the desired effect of the reverse spell). Just to give an example.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - eric - 09-02-2015

Because Juliette thought Nick would kill her, she was afraid to expose her secret to him. After Juliette revealed her new self to Nick, did he say something like "I love you and we can work this out". No, he said he was leaving and didn't know when (or if) he would be back. After his rejection of her at her lowest point, why wouldn't she doubt his love? Would any of us be sure the other person really loved us in a similar situation? I am not saying Juliette was justified in her subsequent actions, but would she be wrong to think he did not really love her, so why should she be a fool and love him? It was logical for her to think that he might just say he loved her because he feared her and couldn't trust her not to hurt him. A situation truly f**ked up, probably headed to disaster. Anyone know how it ended? I do not excuse her for her later actions, but I can see why she fell out of love with Nick.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - Courtney - 09-03-2015

I'm honestly confused about the whole Juliette situation. As episodes progressed, she became more and more "evil" and seemed to enjoy what she was becoming, yet in the episode when Juliette was taking Diana and we could hear Nick's mom fighting for her life in the other room, the look on Juliette's face made me think she regretted everything she was doing. Not very hexenbiest-like.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - jsgrimm45 - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:25 PM)Courtney Wrote: I'm honestly confused about the whole Juliette situation. As episodes progressed, she became more and more "evil" and seemed to enjoy what she was becoming, yet in the episode when Juliette was taking Diana and we could hear Nick's mom fighting for her life in the other room, the look on Juliette's face made me think she regretted everything she was doing. Not very hexenbiest-like.
I also looked at the walk though with Kenneth and the flashbacks. Does get confusing as how to take this? I saw this as the end of the old Juliette. Than move to the car an Kenneth saying kill them all. Hard to figure or answer the hypocrite question. I still go with when you put a precondition of "maybe" I still love you to me mean just the opposite so I end up there.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - wfmyers1207 - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:25 PM)Courtney Wrote: I'm honestly confused about the whole Juliette situation. As episodes progressed, she became more and more "evil" and seemed to enjoy what she was becoming, yet in the episode when Juliette was taking Diana and we could hear Nick's mom fighting for her life in the other room, the look on Juliette's face made me think she regretted everything she was doing. Not very hexenbiest-like.

I think your observation goes along with some ideas on other threads. Juliette was possessed. Dual personality and all that.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - Ryriena - 09-08-2015

I think that was to show the lack of trust in their realationship. I mean if you truly loved the person you wouldn't care what they looked liked or acted liked. She also should've known Nick wouldn't have killed someone he's cares about, I mean look he went full on Grimm when Monroe was kidnapped on Shaw to find him. He also showed lack of trust in her, when not telling her about what Maria had told him. Not that I probably would have told my lover right off the bat, but the moment he saw something was wrong with me I would have told him.

He also did the same thing, when his mother head found in the box.

RE: Is Juliette a hypocrite? - eric - 09-09-2015

I see hypocrite as a person who is not what they appear to be, and who attacks other persons with the same condition, eg, the family values politican who has kept a mistress for 20 years. For me, Juliette does not appear to be a hypocrite, she had a sudden involuntary major change and hid it for as long as she could for fear of others turning on her and maybe hurting her(remember the dream about Nick and the axe?) Love is a feeling, an emotion, a state of mind that can be change with time and circumstance. She involuntary became a hex, asked Nick what if a hex died, and he replied "would one less hex in the world be such a bad thing?". She showed her new normal state to Nick, he left her when he found out, and appeared happy to see her in jail where "she"(appeared to be him) was safe. If you have a major change--loss of legs in accident, major burns from fire, loss of job, go to jail, and the other person doesn't want to be around you, would you say he "loved" you? Would you love him? To say yes would be hypocritical or delusional.