Grimm Forum
Why isn't Nick curious? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why isn't Nick curious? (/Thread-Why-isn-t-Nick-curious)

Why isn't Nick curious? - eric - 08-01-2015

For a trained policeman, Nick doesn't see to ask a lot of questions. He did not ask how the Wessen could know he was Grimm until the wedding-Truble asked it the second day she knew Nick. He never asked Kelly or Marie how to find other Grimms--Josh's dad knew Nick's name, home address and phone number, where he worked and his rank. I don't know how you could ask people you just met if they saw monsters. It would be easier to ask strangers if they had webbed toes. He seems to have gone to the books only when looking for a new Wessen-why didn't he pour over the books to learn this info before hand. Wu studied the books and was able to identify possible Wessen based on the dead persons' wounds.

RE: Why isn't Nick curious? - jsgrimm45 - 08-01-2015

Those are questions that some including me never thought of. As to Nick at the start his first case he met Monroe was also a blutbad. So in the first episodes it was easier to ask Monroe (I thinking of all books) than to look for hours if you don't have a clue what you are looking for.

After that I see it as easier to once you have a feel for the books to look for the one wesen you are looking for and in Nicks case he has job, Juliette, and Grimm. Wu only has job and looks to me maybe Wu is more comfortable from the start with the wesen world. Hank has Nick so doesn't need to read the books unless Nick needs to. Wu from what we seen in his breakdown Wu family was kind of into this as a lore.

The question on how Nick failed to find out how wesen knew he was a Grimm, that's one I think the writers plain missed until fan mail. I know that's not an answer but it's what I think happened than they had to go back to the drawing board for a way. I believe they never thought the question would come up.

Now for a non writers point I think Nick never gave it much thought until Hank asked when they start to plan the wedding. Like me when I get a different car I start to see how many cars are out there like mine. I just never looked until then.

RE: Why isn't Nick curious? - izzy - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 07:33 AM)eric Wrote: For a trained policeman, Nick doesn't see to ask a lot of questions. He did not ask how the Wessen could know he was Grimm until the wedding-Truble asked it the second day she knew Nick. He never asked Kelly or Marie how to find other Grimms--Josh's dad knew Nick's name, home address and phone number, where he worked and his rank. I don't know how you could ask people you just met if they saw monsters. It would be easier to ask strangers if they had webbed toes. He seems to have gone to the books only when looking for a new Wessen-why didn't he pour over the books to learn this info before hand. Wu studied the books and was able to identify possible Wessen based on the dead persons' wounds.

I must say I thought about the same thing. Since there really is not a lot of background about the characters we are left to invent it. I know several people I went to high school with who became LEOs, none of them is very intellectually curious. They are the types you can have a nice night out with over beer and pizza and spend hours together without having a single deep thought or revelation revealed by them. Thank gosh they have pensions, as they live paycheck to paycheck. they make a good buck and blow every dime of it. Every time overtime hours are reduced they are selling stuff, usually firearms, motorcycles, off road vehicles, sporting gear within two weeks. They found their niche in life and god blass them. I just assumed Nick was a lot like them. Simply put, Nick doe snot seem to look ahead. He seems to live in the moment. That is part of why I always saw him as a mismatch for Juliette who demonstrated she can plan ahead and look to the future.

RE: Why isn't Nick curious? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-01-2015

To tell you the truth I Always think about that, but I never asked. Big Grin

There were many questions Nick should have made... but he didn't.