Grimm Forum
I think I have a Grimm problem - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: I think I have a Grimm problem (/Thread-I-think-I-have-a-Grimm-problem)

Pages: 1 2

I think I have a Grimm problem - TieDyeJackson - 07-26-2015

I've been trying to keep up my Grimm fix till October because "Cry Havoc" (In my mind the greatest Season ender so far). So I decided what the heck and decided on a series rewatch to keep my time occupied. I figured with work, my family and a few summer shows I'd be fine.

I have watched all four seasons in ten days.

Now, I'm worse off then I was before.

What would you guys suggest besides this forum to fill that gap reserved exclusively for Grimm?

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - izzy - 07-26-2015

I am very fond of cherry and apple pies and pineapple upside-down cake as well as the chocolate chip cookies made using original TollHouse chocolate chip cookie recipe. I think this would be a most excellent use of your time while you wait for Grimm Season 5.

Just sayin'...

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - Lou - 07-26-2015

I think you are asking for suggestions of other shows to binge on.

I have become a big fan of iZombie and I believe it shares a lot of stuff in common with Grimm. It has just 13 episodes of one season. but its very well written and surprisingly original . Its a SF police procedural with a sense of humor.

Orphan Black is a good show to binge watch. Its SF, but the SF is understated. Its sort of a character driven drama with some mystery and action elements.

This summer I have been watching two new SyFy shows, Dark Matter and Kill Joys. Both shows take place in outer space and I would characterize both shows as action shows with a good amount of character development and mystery.

I don't care for it, but the show that probably has the most in common with Grimm is SuperNatural.

Another show I couldn't get into but is sort of Grimm-like is Lost Girl.

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - jsgrimm45 - 07-27-2015

Like Lou said Supernatural is close to Grimm in a lot of ways, I like it but if you looking for a series that has some law and order parts this one has NONE.

I like Killjoys but couldn't connection with Dark Matter. One I do find good characters and right mix of action it The Last Ship.

Now for a one I watch but think I'm a idiot (no comments) to do so is Falling Skies this series goes no place same thing week in and week out and I have been watching it from the start. Still can't figure out why other than I put this much time into it to quit.

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - Lou - 07-27-2015

I quit falling skies for the same reason I quit so many other shows. I DO NOT like show where a group of people have a common adversary (like aliens or zombies, and still find time to play power games).

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - eric - 07-27-2015

The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem that is out of your control. The second is to buy all the DVD's and stay on this siteBig Grin

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - Elkhound - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 09:53 AM)Lou Wrote: I quit falling skies for the same reason I quit so many other shows. I DO NOT like show where a group of people have a common adversary (like aliens or zombies, and still find time to play power games).

So you don't like shows where people act like people?

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - Lou - 07-27-2015

well personally I've never fought off Nazis, zombies or aliens. But if i did I would want to be with the Bravo Co., 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division and not the 1st Continental Army. Just saying. Smile

(07-27-2015, 12:19 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 09:53 AM)Lou Wrote: I quit falling skies for the same reason I quit so many other shows. I DO NOT like show where a group of people have a common adversary (like aliens or zombies, and still find time to play power games).

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - Sable677 - 07-28-2015

I started re-watching Grimm again myself. I am taking my time though and even watch my favorite episodes again out of order. If you are looking for other good shows, I love Supernatural and Bones. Supernatural has the supernatural elements like Grimm although its about two brothers, and Bones is a cop show that has a scooby-like gang in the squints that solve murders.

RE: I think I have a Grimm problem - Elkhound - 07-28-2015

(07-27-2015, 05:06 PM)Lou Wrote: well personally I've never fought off Nazis, zombies or aliens. But if i did I would want to be with the Bravo Co., 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division and not the 1st Continental Army. Just saying. Smile

(07-27-2015, 12:19 PM)Elkhound Wrote:

All well and good, but under high-stress conditions people do not always rise to their highest & best selves. And if they did, it really would make for kind of a dull story, wouldn't it?