Grimm Forum
Nick's love life - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick's love life (/Thread-Nick-s-love-life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Nick's love life - izzy - 07-26-2015

So I'll make this blunt. Nick is a Grimm.

Question #1

Does Nick have any right to get involved romantically (footnote#1, footnote #2) with anyone?

Question #2 (see also footnote #2)

Does Nick have any right to a friends-with-benefits relationship? Does being Grimm introducer too much danger even with a FWB?

Question #3

Should Nick gain sexual gratification through one night stands?

Question #4

Should Nick be celibate.

Thanking you in advance for any thoughtful responses,

Izod

Footnote(s)

#1 By romantically I mean seduction/genuine affection/love which is diametrically opposed to meeting some chick in bar, going somewhere home and playing rabbits in a hutch for a few hours and then never to seeing her again.

#2 I am also differentiating romance from Friends with Benefits. You can have genuine feeling for a FWB but it is not a love/romantic relationship.

RE: Nick's love life - Hexenadler - 07-27-2015

The more I think about her, the more I dislike Aunt Marie. She might as well have said to Nick, "Don't get romantically involved with anyone. Ever. Or the big bad gods of fate will throw a lightning bolt down from the heavens and barbecue your girlfriend on the spot."

RE: Nick's love life - jsgrimm45 - 07-27-2015

You have a point but Aunt Marie lived by what she told Nick. Even Nick's father was killed because he was connected to a Grimm. In season 5 I don't see this as even a question. They may hint at something for season 6 but it will play a very minor aspect of season 5.

IF and when the do get Nick back out into the world the who must be able to handle themselves and know the wesen Grimm world. Anything less will be setting up a Juliette type scenario.

RE: Nick's love life - New Guy - 07-27-2015

Hi Grimm Fans,
Kelly and Reed Burkhard became romantically involved, married and had a son, Nick. Without that, there would be no Grimm show and we would have to find something else for entertainment.
Nick has a son on the way, but was never romantically involved with his mother, Adalind. In fact for most of the four seasons (not the singers) they were enemies.
They need some kind of truce so that junior doesn't become an orphan.
Nick does not need a romantic relationship, he needs irrefutable revenge.
New Guy

RE: Nick's love life - eric - 07-27-2015

Someone who has a large loss--death of Mom and long term girlfriend you had proposed to(both in the same day) would be well advised not to form any romantic relationships for a while. Too easy to make a bad choice.

RE: Nick's love life - TieDyeJackson - 07-27-2015

You need to have a love interest in the show for the main character. You are loosing a lot of Nielsen points if that tension isn't there.

That being said I would welcome any scenario that involved Adalind in a romantic capacity because there is a thin line between love and hate (I've said it before on this forum).

I either want a tortured "deny ourselves because of our pasts" kind of love with them or the self destructive type that either ends up making one flee or developing into a tender relationship that neither one expected.

Nick is going to be "self-destructive" for the first part of the season, a purely physical and rough relationship with Adalind would cause quite a stir.

RE: Nick's love life - jsgrimm45 - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 12:58 PM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: You need to have a love interest in the show for the main character. You are loosing a lot of Nielsen points if that tension isn't there.

That being said I would welcome any scenario that involved Adalind in a romantic capacity because there is a thin line between love and hate (I've said it before on this forum).

I either want a tortured "deny ourselves because of our pasts" kind of love with them or the self destructive type that either ends up making one flee or developing into a tender relationship that neither one expected.

Nick is going to be "self-destructive" for the first part of the season, a purely physical and rough relationship with Adalind would cause quite a stir.
If you like a sparks flying think Angelina as that interest?

RE: Nick's love life - Sable677 - 07-28-2015

Since Nick is the lead, I can't see him without a love interest completely. I think he will be single for now and co-parenting with Adalind. Its possible things could develop between Nick and Adalind, but it wouldn't be soon. I really don't see Nick with another human after Juliette though. I think that what happened to Juliette opened his eyes to that, and even Marie had a relationship with a Wesen.

RE: Nick's love life - jsgrimm45 - 07-28-2015

(07-28-2015, 02:19 PM)Sable677 Wrote: Since Nick is the lead, I can't see him without a love interest completely. I think he will be single for now and co-parenting with Adalind. Its possible things could develop between Nick and Adalind, but it wouldn't be soon. I really don't see Nick with another human after Juliette though. I think that what happened to Juliette opened his eyes to that, and even Marie had a relationship with a Wesen.
Good point the lead needing someone. Had not looked at it this way. Also agree has to be someone who can handle the wesen world and the Grimm world.

RE: Nick's love life - TieDyeJackson - 07-29-2015

(07-27-2015, 03:48 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 12:58 PM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: You need to have a love interest in the show for the main character. You are loosing a lot of Nielsen points if that tension isn't there.

If you like a sparks flying think Angelina as that interest?

I thought she was dead ?