Grimm Forum
Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead (/Thread-Why-Juliette-Should-Stay-Dead)

Pages: 1 2

Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - TieDyeJackson - 07-07-2015

I started off this series as a casual fan. I loved the characters and story lines but it was just another in my long list of shows.

Now I'm rewatching the entire series, getting a Grimm tattoo, reading fanfic and joining forums. I thought I had it bad for Buffy but this show is beating them out for my favorite. The later half of season four happened and it lit a fire in me.

No offence to Juliette fans out there but she's the kind of girl that eventually just dies to make the hero turn another corner in his life. It may sound cruel and cold but secondary characters are just that... secondary. If it means that a whole new world for the main character, people die and circumstances change.

But the way they did it was just bloody brilliant. They gave her more power than she could handle, she went off the deep end and she died for it !!! I for one , was so sick of a good character going bad and then going back to good with little to no repercussions (Willow from BTVS being a perfect example). The long road to redemption gets tired after a while. So to actually have good girl gone bad and have it be the end of her was refreshing to me as a TV geek.

If they bring her back either in a good or evil capacity it deadens the impact of the sacrifice her character made. If she comes back as good, eventually we would just go back to same old status quo. If she comes back as evil, it would be an awesome twist for a few episodes but then seems like a rehash of the end of season 4.

Let the dead stay dead.

I think it did leaps and bounds for this show.

We are going into Season 5 and it's a whole new ball game, sports fans.

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - izzy - 07-07-2015

I could not agree more, Juliette should remain dead. As I mentioned in the Juliet's Parents thread (http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Juliette-s-parents) I would ilike to see them wrap this up and play it for tears by a funeral scene. From that thread:

Actually I think... a cool way to close out the Juliette chapter, show her body being shipped on a train, then being buried somewhere, not in Portland, only her parents and a handful of THEIR friends at her burial as they throw the first shovelful of dirt on her grave. A cold heartless end to what could have been a beautiful life. the episode ends as they shovel in dirt, each shovelful accompanied by a flashback to a happy smiling Juliette.

We all get closure on the Juliette chapter of Nick's life as they fill in the grave.

And as mentioned previously you cannot walk back the damage Juliette did to her and Nick. From Nick's perspective she screwed my boss, screwed the guy who murdered my mother(in our bed), oh and did I mention she was the reason my mother died, tried to kill my friend...you cannot walk that back. So you are right, the bad Juliette ultimately takes the series to the same place. So there is no point a return. I vote for a tear jerking send off as described above.

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - irukandji - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 03:36 PM)izzy Wrote: I could not agree more, Juliette should remain dead. As I mentioned in the Juliet's Parents thread (http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Juliette-s-parents) I would ilike to see them wrap this up and play it for tears by a funeral scene. From that thread:

Actually I think... a cool way to close out the Juliette chapter, show her body being shipped on a train, then being buried somewhere, not in Portland, only her parents and a handful of THEIR friends at her burial as they throw the first shovelful of dirt on her grave. A cold heartless end to what could have been a beautiful life. the episode ends as they shovel in dirt, each shovelful accompanied by a flashback to a happy smiling Juliette.

We all get closure on the Juliette chapter of Nick's life as they fill in the grave.

And as mentioned previously you cannot walk back the damage Juliette did to her and Nick. From Nick's perspective she screwed my boss, screwed the guy who murdered my mother(in our bed), oh and did I mention she was the reason my mother died, tried to kill my friend...you cannot walk that back. So you are right, the bad Juliette ultimately takes the series to the same place. So there is no point a return. I vote for a tear jerking send off as described above.

What makes Juliette any worse than Sean? Than Adalind? Than Nick himself? Please don't say because she murdered his mother. His mother is just another death in a long line of deaths in this series.

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - izzy - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 06:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: What makes Juliette any worse than Sean? Than Adalind? Than Nick himself? Please don't say because she murdered his mother. His mother is just another death in a long line of deaths in this series.

I do not ever saying she was worse. I just commented in another thread about the parallel between Grimm and the Sopranos. Essentially the audience is led to develop empathy for a bunch of sociopaths.

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - irukandji - 07-08-2015

(07-07-2015, 10:25 PM)izzy Wrote: I do not ever saying she was worse. I just commented in another thread about the parallel between Grimm and the Sopranos. Essentially the audience is led to develop empathy for a bunch of sociopaths.

I should have phrased this question differently. Juliette wasn't the first character to be killed off during this season. Sean was also killed. Should he have remained dead? If not, why not?

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - jsgrimm45 - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 04:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 10:25 PM)izzy Wrote: I do not ever saying she was worse. I just commented in another thread about the parallel between Grimm and the Sopranos. Essentially the audience is led to develop empathy for a bunch of sociopaths.

I should have phrased this question differently. Juliette wasn't the first character to be killed off during this season. Sean was also killed. Should he have remained dead? If not, why not?
Not to get into the Juliette debate. Sean as a royal and connected with the resistance needs to be in the series as it stands now. He currently is a main character needed the only one Nick knows who knows the royals and what might be their next move. Sorry for Juliette her character does add to Nick's reasons to go after the royals mom plus Juliette good cause for revenge.

The series needed to change Nick's direction this was how they choose to do it. Sean's death would not have add anything to Nick's changes.

(07-08-2015, 06:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The series needed to change Nick's direction this was how they choose to do it. Sean's death would not have add anything to Nick's changes.

Why not?

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - Nickster - 07-08-2015

I suppose Juliette's death had to happen.

Some people claim it's because they fridged her or whatever and personally, I hate the idea of Nick being all vengeful for her sake because it's dumb after everything she'd done to him. It doesn't feel right to me. Should have had her shipped off to another country and married to some other guy and never come back in the show in my opinion. But they chose to kill her off instead.

This is my reason why she should stay dead.

She was boring. We watch a show to be entertained, not bored or annoyed.

Besides, the role she was trying to fill was already taken up by Rosalee- the smart and kind woman with chemical knowledge. We can't have two ladies having same skills and traits. The only difference between Juliette and Rosalee was that Juliette whined a lot. Rosalee was pretty chill, really kind, adorable and actually someone I'd like to be friends with. She had her quirks and her back-story (drug addiction) and fitted into the story nicely.

But Juliette was very annoying to watch. For me at least. I know I'm not alone, a lot of people have said the same. Had they given her a different and interesting personality at the start and cut out the whining, maybe I would have liked her.

RE: Why Juliette Should Stay Dead - jsgrimm45 - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 07:24 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 06:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The series needed to change Nick's direction this was how they choose to do it. Sean's death would not have add anything to Nick's changes.

Why not?
Nick has a love connection with Juliette and Kelly getting revenge works. Having Sean die a co worker how would you make that a deep personal reason for revenge and change Nick's direction? Love is one of the strongest emotions maybe the strongest. There is no emotional connection with Sean. Nick would be angry but vested in revenge if Sean was killed do you see that?

Do you see a way Sean or Hank or Wu death bring the same darkness that has been said for next season about? I might see Hank's and Kelly's death being the best if you wanted someone other than Juliette to be killed that might push Nick but not Sean. Your ideas?

(07-08-2015, 06:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Nick has a love connection with Juliette and Kelly getting revenge works. Having Sean die a co worker how would you make that a deep personal reason for revenge and change Nick's direction? Love is one of the strongest emotions maybe the strongest. There is no emotional connection with Sean. Nick would be angry but vested in revenge if Sean was killed do you see that?

Do you see a way Sean or Hank or Wu death bring the same darkness that has been said for next season about? I might see Hank's and Kelly's death being the best if you wanted someone other than Juliette to be killed that might push Nick but not Sean. Your ideas?

Does anyone really believe Nick had a love connection with Juliette after all that went on in season 4? Based on what?