Grimm Forum
the why behind the lost of the trailer - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: the why behind the lost of the trailer (/Thread-the-why-behind-the-lost-of-the-trailer)

Pages: 1 2

the why behind the lost of the trailer - jsgrimm45 - 07-01-2015

Almost all if not all disagreed with the trailer fire. I now see a reason the writers did this because from now on we and only going to see wesen we know thus no need for the trailer.

The will cut costs as the creators of wesen people will not have to make more wesen. They have the templates for a number of wesen why add more. Nick knows how to deal with these wesen so the trailer has no use.

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - eric - 07-02-2015

All true, but some of the books were saved. Nick will a more secure place to keep them. The books are guides for future Grimms who need to know what kind of wessen they are dealing with, life does not stop with Nick.

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - jsgrimm45 - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 08:03 AM)eric Wrote: All true, but some of the books were saved. Nick will a more secure place to keep them. The books are guides for future Grimms who need to know what kind of wessen they are dealing with, life does not stop with Nick.
True I can see Nick, Trubel, Wu, and Hank rewriting them. Add Monroe and Rosalee points into them would change how future Grimm's would use them. Would this work for you?

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - Nickster - 07-02-2015

So there won't be many new wesens in Grimm? You're probably right now that they're going to have Nick focus on vengeance.

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - J73 - 07-03-2015

(07-02-2015, 10:39 AM)Nickster Wrote: So there won't be many new wesens in Grimm? You're probably right now that they're going to have Nick focus on vengeance.

And focus on the keys, not to mention now that the resistance is back in the picture, it's anyones guess on how it will pan out, but it's going to interesting Smile

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - irukandji - 07-03-2015

(07-02-2015, 08:06 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 08:03 AM)eric Wrote: All true, but some of the books were saved. Nick will a more secure place to keep them. The books are guides for future Grimms who need to know what kind of wessen they are dealing with, life does not stop with Nick.
True I can see Nick, Trubel, Wu, and Hank rewriting them. Add Monroe and Rosalee points into them would change how future Grimm's would use them. Would this work for you?

The Grimm diaries are a cool thing and I was reading some of them on Grimm wiki last night. I have to say, everytime I see the gang combing through these ponderous books, it just seems really old fashioned to me, not to mention a waste of valuable time. Why hasn't someone come up with the idea of transferring them to electronic media?

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - jsgrimm45 - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 07:05 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 08:06 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

The Grimm diaries are a cool thing and I was reading some of them on Grimm wiki last night. I have to say, everytime I see the gang combing through these ponderous books, it just seems really old fashioned to me, not to mention a waste of valuable time. Why hasn't someone come up with the idea of transferring them to electronic media?
I agree some in the post on the trailer thought maybe Wu had done so we on the forum just think again.Big Grin

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - irukandji - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 08:33 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I agree some in the post on the trailer thought maybe Wu had done so we on the forum just think again.Big Grin

It would be great if Wu had had the foresight to transfer them to electronic media. Although I have a feeling that didn't happen just from the way Nick looked.

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - eric - 07-05-2015

A problem with electric media is that is dependent on having a machine that you can play it on and having the programs to figure it out(my grasp of tech is limited to Number 2 pencils and Red Chief ruled paper)Big Grin. Floppy discs and 8-trac don't work well with Apple anything. Acid free paper, and parchment can be read by as long as someone can read the language. The wessen who could set himself on fire was first reported in the First Century. With some effort you can read ancient Egyptian, early Chinese, curciform. I would go for written copies that you could Xerox so there would less chance they would be destroyed. Would give Nick to get in touch with other Grimms.

RE: the why behind the lost of the trailer - irukandji - 07-07-2015

(07-05-2015, 07:35 PM)eric Wrote: A problem with electric media is that is dependent on having a machine that you can play it on and having the programs to figure it out(my grasp of tech is limited to Number 2 pencils and Red Chief ruled paper)Big Grin. Floppy discs and 8-trac don't work well with Apple anything. Acid free paper, and parchment can be read by as long as someone can read the language. The wessen who could set himself on fire was first reported in the First Century. With some effort you can read ancient Egyptian, early Chinese, curciform. I would go for written copies that you could Xerox so there would less chance they would be destroyed. Would give Nick to get in touch with other Grimms.

Nick himself has electronic media which will accept thumb drives and discs. I'm not saying it's perfect by any means. But we all saw what the fire did to the only copies of the diaries that we know of.