Grimm Forum
S4E010 - Tribunal - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E010 - Tribunal (/Thread-S4E010-Tribunal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-25-2015

(01-24-2015, 11:30 AM)busyizzy Wrote: BTW, I like that you're rocking the braids on your Avatar!
Thanks, I’m happy with my avatar, nice and sweet but still a bit of "I can burn witches when necessary" Big Grin.

(01-24-2015, 11:30 AM)busyizzy Wrote: *Juliette going to Sean behind Nick's back? Sucks eggs BIG TIME! After Juliette was so upset with Nick about keeping her in the dark, this move didn't sit well with me at all.
I remember Juliette trying to call Nick right after she saw her Hexenbiest-self in the mirror the first time. When he called her she said "Nick, when do you come home, I really, really need to talk to you." That’s when he told her that the Wesenrein took Monroe.
That leaves the question why she goes to Renard now instead of finally telling Nick what happened. I have no idea.

(01-24-2015, 11:06 PM)SvenJoli Wrote: what did Monroe do with the ring?
Very good question. I expected Monroe to give the ring to Terry’s wife as he was asked. Perhaps this sad duty was too depressing for the cheerful victory-mood at the end of the episode.

(01-24-2015, 11:28 PM)eastofnowhere Wrote: If the real estate agent is Bauerschwein, how the hell is the brother going to explain to the council she is dating an Eisbieber?
Really good question, too. Awesome question. This doesn’t work at all. I’d love to know how the Grimm-writers would answer it.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Lou - 01-25-2015

Good comments everyone! I haven't added much to this thread. but its been great for me just to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Just a few things to add.

So wasn't Monroe in handcuffs at the trial? Once the big fight scene occurs he is out of them.

Not sure why the guys dropped their badges (Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.) They ended up staying within the limits of the law as much as they usually do. Although it might have just been for suspense. I thought for a few minutes they were going to kill them all, and bury the bodies in the woods. So anyway, they make a bunch of arrests, get signed confessions, and make a public announcement . That's actually more legal than Nick and Hank usually do. Hopefully this thing won't go to trial. Rosalie's and Juliette's presence would be hard to explain. Plus why the police force just sent four cops. Also what kind of hate group is this? what did all the victims have in common besides being Wesson - which can't be brought up..

Anyway, I'm for the old books to get digitized, and then let an OCR program make them searchable. OK, maybe that makes it hackable. but it also makes back ups available. and I'm not so sure but i think you could just keep it on a encrypted device without wifi or internet or anything. But even if it is hackable. Wesson's don't need this info. And I'm not sure how much intelligence they could glean from it anyway. But most importantly, there is no back up for the trailer. Nick could be followed, it could be discovered by accident, vandals could get in there, there could be a forest fire, a window could break in a storm and there could be water damage. A family of chipmunks could make their new home in there. And of course just normal wear and tear. We don't see any precautions going on there to preserve the books. Hell, we see them eating burgers in there. IMHO, i think whatever risks there are of making an electronic backup is more than outweighed by the risks of not having a back up.

However, I can see that the writers may never cross this bridge. In a way, the trailer is another character. Buffy had whatshisname to go to for help. King Arthur had Merlin. and Nick has the trailer.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Samsarilian - 01-25-2015

(01-25-2015, 09:16 AM)Lou Wrote: Good comments everyone! I haven't added much to this thread. but its been great for me just to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Just a few things to add.

So wasn't Monroe in handcuffs at the trial? Once the big fight scene occurs he is out of them.

Not sure why the guys dropped their badges (Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.) They ended up staying within the limits of the law as much as they usually do. Although it might have just been for suspense. I thought for a few minutes they were going to kill them all, and bury the bodies in the woods. So anyway, they make a bunch of arrests, get signed confessions, and make a public announcement . That's actually more legal than Nick and Hank usually do. Hopefully this thing won't go to trial. Rosalie's and Juliette's presence would be hard to explain. Plus why the police force just sent four cops. Also what kind of hate group is this? what did all the victims have in common besides being Wesson - which can't be brought up..

Anyway, I'm for the old books to get digitized, and then let an OCR program make them searchable. OK, maybe that makes it hackable. but it also makes back ups available. and I'm not so sure but i think you could just keep it on a encrypted device without wifi or internet or anything. But even if it is hackable. Wesson's don't need this info. And I'm not sure how much intelligence they could glean from it anyway. But most importantly, there is no back up for the trailer. Nick could be followed, it could be discovered by accident, vandals could get in there, there could be a forest fire, a window could break in a storm and there could be water damage. A family of chipmunks could make their new home in there. And of course just normal wear and tear. We don't see any precautions going on there to preserve the books. Hell, we see them eating burgers in there. IMHO, i think whatever risks there are of making an electronic backup is more than outweighed by the risks of not having a back up.

However, I can see that the writers may never cross this bridge. In a way, the trailer is another character. Buffy had whatshisname to go to for help. King Arthur had Merlin. and Nick has the trailer.
Yes, he was in cuffs for the trial. They removed them for sentencing.

As for a trial for the wesen I would say only a fool of a wesen would risk the exposure of their world. THE COUNCIL would definitely be watching and I doubt any of them would make it to trial.

As for encrypted off network storage. I have already said that is the only way I would keep anything I wanted secure.

As for the writers I doubt they remember that the blood of a grimm can remove hexanbiest power. As I have said before since Nick's blood is in the chain of events that brought her hexan power, it would probably not work but they have 2 other grimms on tap. Kelly should not be called. Even though a lot of people do not like her, Trubel would be a good candidate to remove Juliette's power. All of that said I think I prefer her with power. Relationships without a good balance of power in them tend to be doomed as well as boring to watch. So, if they are going to keep Juliette as Nicks lover, she needs power.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Paula Hatley - 01-25-2015

I agree pretty upset Juliette is keeping this from Nick. Has she learned nothing? This only hurts them when they do not know what is going on! So now we do know one can be made. Woo cracks me up! His reaction was spot on

Anyway, I never doubted Monroe's safety. I loved the end in the limo..."You will never know we are there." "Blend in"
Pretty funny!

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Pontiac Dude - 01-25-2015

With Nick going along on Monroe's honeymoon, I don't think she wanted to wait till he got back to try and fix her issues. Nothing worse then having a problem and waiting or no one to talk to face to face. Plus the fact that both are the same wessen race now. And maybe He could get a hold f his mom to find out what to do before Nick got back. But guess we will have to wait and see.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Samsarilian - 01-25-2015

(01-25-2015, 06:02 PM)Pontiac Dude Wrote: With Nick going along on Monroe's honeymoon, I don't think she wanted to wait till he got back to try and fix her issues. Nothing worse then having a problem and waiting or no one to talk to face to face. Plus the fact that both are the same wessen race now. And maybe He could get a hold f his mom to find out what to do before Nick got back. But guess we will have to wait and see.

they were joking about going. It is called dead pan humor. It is also traditional to joke with the bride and groom about such things, that is called Chivery(sp?)

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - syscrash - 01-25-2015

So far Juliette has not keep being a hexenbiest from Nick. She tried to tell him when it first happened. Juliette went to Sean because it was his mother that turned her into a hexenbiest. She needs answers which Nick won't have and Rosalee is gone. We see in the up coming promos Juliette is in the trailer looking at the books on hexenbiest. We also know that Sean calls Henrietta to help. I don't see Juliette lying to Nick about it. But she defiantly wants more answers, such as what are other side effects. What we do know is there is a price for being a hexenbiest, and as powerful as she is it must be a really big price. I at first thought Juliette would be afraid or not have control. But in the woods she has perfect control, no fear, she OWNs being a hexenbiest. Where the problem might come in is with the council. Her being a Hexenbiest him being a Grimm. That could also cause a problem with other hexenbiest especially if they take the witch part to include covens and rules of covens.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Elkhound - 01-25-2015

(01-24-2015, 11:28 PM)eastofnowhere Wrote: If the real estate agent is Bauerschwein, how the hell is the brother going to explain to the council she is dating an Eisbieber?

Dating and marrying are two different things.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - UndercoverGrimm - 01-26-2015

(01-25-2015, 06:33 PM)Samsarilian Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 06:02 PM)Pontiac Dude Wrote: With Nick going along on Monroe's honeymoon, I don't think she wanted to wait till he got back to try and fix her issues. Nothing worse then having a problem and waiting or no one to talk to face to face. Plus the fact that both are the same wessen race now. And maybe He could get a hold f his mom to find out what to do before Nick got back. But guess we will have to wait and see.

they were joking about going. It is called dead pan humor. It is also traditional to joke with the bride and groom about such things, that is called Chivery(sp?)

I wish they were going on vacation with them.After everything that happen why allow them to be totally alone? Let Hank go and have some fun.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - wfmyers1207 - 01-26-2015

(01-25-2015, 07:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: So far Juliette has not keep being a hexenbiest from Nick. She tried to tell him when it first happened. Juliette went to Sean because it was his mother that turned her into a hexenbiest. She needs answers which Nick won't have and Rosalee is gone. We see in the up coming promos Juliette is in the trailer looking at the books on hexenbiest. We also know that Sean calls Henrietta to help. I don't see Juliette lying to Nick about it. But she defiantly wants more answers, such as what are other side effects. What we do know is there is a price for being a hexenbiest, and as powerful as she is it must be a really big price. I at first thought Juliette would be afraid or not have control. But in the woods she has perfect control, no fear, she OWNs being a hexenbiest. Where the problem might come in is with the council. Her being a Hexenbiest him being a Grimm. That could also cause a problem with other hexenbiest especially if they take the witch part to include covens and rules of covens.

I have to disagree. Juliette has been hiding her change from Nick. She lied to him about how the wesenrein she killed died, among other things. After what happened between her and Renard in S2, Nick IS NOT going to be happy when he finds out she went to Renard with this first.

(01-26-2015, 08:06 AM)UndercoverGrimm Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 06:33 PM)Samsarilian Wrote:

I wish they were going on vacation with them.After everything that happen why allow them to be totally alone? Let Hank go and have some fun.

Having someone accompany them on their honeymoon seems more than just a bit weird. But, I have to agree. After everything that's happened being accompanied by an undercover cop as bodyguard may be a good idea. There are almost certainly other wesenrein out there that may want some payback after a bunch of their own people were killed or taken into custody.