Grimm Forum
Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Dear Abby/Anne Landers (/Thread-Dear-Abby-Anne-Landers)

Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Elkhound - 10-21-2014

What would some of our characters write to Abby or Anne about their situations?

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Blue Gingham - 10-21-2014

Dear Abby,

My boyfriend wants me to marry him but I can't make up my mind.

I love him very much and he's been really supportive through some pretty severe medical problems I've had, but our relationship has just gotten really complicated.

For one thing, he is a police officer and this really intrudes on our life. He's always bringing work home with him or having it follow him home. In one case, literally bringing it home--he's actually moved one of his suspects into our house! He says it's just temporary and she has no place else to go. I like her, but she's a little tough to be around.

There have also been a few times that people have invaded our home because of what he does. I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but having my house get trashed over and over is getting really old.

Then there's the part where he slept with someone else. Recently. I'm trying not to blame him for it (there were extenuating circumstances...I promise you my guy is NOT a cheater) but I can't get past it.

Basically he slept with my identical twin without knowing it wasn't me. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. I'm so angry and I can't get over the feeling that he should have KNOWN it wasn't me when he did it. You should be able to tell if you're really kissing the person you're in love with, shouldn't you?

Plus the witch hasn't exactly been discriminating in the past, so who knows what kind of horrible disease she gave him.

On the other side of things, he's an honest-to-god hero and a kind, understanding person who has literally opened up a whole new world to me. I don't want to give up on him.

Please advise me, is there any way we can move on from this? Or should I cut my losses?

--Puzzled in Portland

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Elkhound - 10-21-2014

Oh, that's good. A nice 'mundane' edition of what happened--and "Abby" would think that the term "witch" was a part of the "glorious war of sisterly rivalry", rather than the unvarnished truth.

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Lou - 10-21-2014

You just need to include the part where he recently brought home a homeless cute female teenager to live with us.

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Elkhound - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 03:48 PM)Lou Wrote: You just need to include the part where he recently brought home a homeless cute female teenager to live with us.

Quote:In one case, literally bringing it home--he's actually moved one of his suspects into our house! He says it's just temporary and she has no place else to go. I like her, but she's a little tough to be around.

Let's hear from someone else. Monroe? Monroe's parents? Rosalee? Analind? (Writing a letter from HER POV that would make her seem sympathetic is a not insurmountable challenge.)

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Blue Gingham - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 12:02 PM)Elkhound Wrote: Oh, that's good. A nice 'mundane' edition of what happened--and "Abby" would think that the term "witch" was a part of the "glorious war of sisterly rivalry", rather than the unvarnished truth.

Glad you liked it. Big Grin I enjoyed putting the "witch" in.

I actually have one more, but I don't want to be a thread hog, so I'll give it a while and see if anyone else posts one by the character I have in mind.

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-21-2014

@"Blue Gingham" Welcome to the forum! I like your letter Smile

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - speakeasy - 10-22-2014

That was great, Blue Gingham, nice to hear from you and if you're new, welcome to the forum! Hard act to follow, but here goes.

Dear Ann Landers,

Maybe it's postpartum hormones, but sometimes I feel like a witch, sometimes I don't. How can I tell who is the real me?

Lindy from Portland

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - wfmyers1207 - 10-22-2014

@Blue Gingham. Welcome to the forum! That was good.Smile By the way, thread hog all you want! Starfury and I do it all the time and they ain't kicked our worthless ashes out of here yet! Tongue

RE: Dear Abby/Anne Landers - Altered Realtity - 10-23-2014

Oooh, I like this idea, good one @Elkhound! @Blue Gingham, you are a tough act to follow Big Grin

I'd love to see a letter from the Captain (wouldn't his love life be a fun one to explain~a woman *and* her mother!) but I doubt he'd feel the need to seek help.

I'll have to ponder for a while.