Grimm Forum
S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Rewatches (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Rewatches)
+----- Forum: Season 2 Rewatch (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2-Rewatch)
+----- Thread: S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm (/Thread-S02E21-The-Waking-Dead-plus-S02E22-Goodnight-Sweet-Grimm)

S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-17-2014

Season 2 Episode 21
The Waking Dead

[Image: 221oyyhx.jpg]

Air Date: May 14, 2013

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) discover a new kind of strange when they investigate suspects being found dead - for the second time. In Europe, Adalind (Claire Coffee) finds herself in the middle of a feud between Frau Pech (guest star Mary McDonald-Lewis) and Stefania (guest star Shohreh Aghdashloo ) while working over the details of her pending transaction. Meanwhile, determined to remember every last detail to get things started once more, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) insists Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) share with her Nick’s darkest secret - the world of Grimms and Wesen. Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star. Guest star Reg E. Cathey as Baron Samedi.

Season 2 Episode 22
Goodnight, Sweet Grimm

[Image: 2229gey5.jpg]

Air Date: May 21, 2013

Synopsis: Just when things look like they’re back to normal with Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch), Nick (David Giuntoli) is called to investigate a flurry of rage-fueled assaults happening all over Portland. He goes to Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) for help battling Portland’s newest wave of "undead". As if that weren’t enough, Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) informs Nick that his brother Eric (guest star James Frain) is in town on family business. Meanwhile, Stefania (guest star Shohreh Aghdashloo) and Frau Pech (guest star Mary McDonald-Lewis) methodically use their alliances with Adalind (Claire Coffee) to battle one another. Russell Hornsby and Reggie Lee also star.

RE: S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - wfmyers1207 - 10-17-2014

Loved both these episodes! Kind of think the whole zombie thing is a little worn out in TV and movies these days. But, all in all, well done! Hate cliffhangers though. Dang it, get on with the story!Big Grin

RE: S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Altered Realtity - 10-17-2014

Just finished watching, fun episodes! I hate cliffhangers, so they got marked down for that Big Grin

I am left wondering if this Baron Samdi (sp?) is the same one they guys were reading about (very long lived wesen then) or if the title is passed down somehow.

RE: S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - speakeasy - 10-18-2014

The Waking Dead was a good episode, I remember how much I enjoyed seeing the Cracher-Mortel, or Baron Samedi the first time around. That episode was very well-written, imo. Those were some rowdy zombies.

It was a little curious that Franco shot that guy full of holes and not much was mentioned about it, maybe because it's Portland. Tongue

Spoiler :
Noticed a couple of Easter eggs in the M.E.'s autopsy lab and in the number painted on the top of the patrol car when the lady zombie jumped from the window.

It was fun to rewatch the drama of Stefania forcibly holding Adalind's hand to burn her imprint to that humongous contract - signing away her rights to her baby. Well, she got her powers back alright, and it reminded me that Stefania is a force not to be trifled with, but we have yet to hear from her about Adalind reneging on her part of the bargain.

Just finished watching "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm", it was great. Boy, the Baron must have had a colossal case of dry mouth from making all those spit-zombies, they were everywhere. Big Grin And I'd forgotten how crazy-making that ending was back then. But I did enjoy rewatching how Nick and Juliette got back together and how she got clued in to his world. (I miss Eric, he was a great villain.) All in all, it was an excellent season.

RE: S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - wfmyers1207 - 10-18-2014

@speakesy. Yes, Adalind reneging on what was apparently some kind of supernatural contract is something the show has not addressed yet. Gotta figure there is going to be some serious backlash from that at some time in the future. Tongue

RE: S02E21 - The Waking Dead plus S02E22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - speakeasy - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 11:55 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @speakesy. Yes, Adalind reneging on what was apparently some kind of supernatural contract is something the show has not addressed yet. Gotta figure there is going to be some serious backlash from that at some time in the future. Tongue

Agreed, Stefania seems to be very powerful (plus she has 7 sons!) and that contract was signed in blood. Exclamation She's over there in the Scharzwald or Black Forest, so she's close to the center of action. Given what we know, she has some connection to the royals (and she's a queen herself), but I sure wouldn't want to cross her. Since I love the character, I'm looking forward to what's ahead. Big Grin Next Friday!