Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - degrimm - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 11:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I think the quote was could do great good or evil not used, now we have Daina today we know she killed two people. The scoobies just don't know which way she going. As a child even if she has the power she is still thinking like a child. Most all of us has done some things as a child we'd never do today. I once thought I had made a parachute and jumped off a roof (trust we it doesn't work) didn't break anything but was one of my best ideas. TongueTongue

Yeah you are right not used but let's look at it, do you think Diana just killing bad people make her good or killing any kind of person makes her bad.
Rachel was technically to her a bad person who was taking daddy away from mummy( but was good )and she has to go.
So she is already doing bad without any help or forced and without emotion or feeling of guilt.so saying the scoobies doesn't know where she will end up, is just giving them an excuse to turn a blind eye to what she did. Last I remember these detectives catch people who kill and nick seeing trubel, he knew she was going down a bad part and again trubel had guilt about it
Killing people isn't some things, it's not like watching tom and jerry today and tomorrow don't watch it again. But since it's grimm and they sweep murder under the carpet

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 01:56 PM)degrimm Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 11:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I think the quote was could do great good or evil not used, now we have Daina today we know she killed two people. The scoobies just don't know which way she going. As a child even if she has the power she is still thinking like a child. Most all of us has done some things as a child we'd never do today. I once thought I had made a parachute and jumped off a roof (trust we it doesn't work) didn't break anything but was one of my best ideas. TongueTongue

Yeah you are right not used but let's look at it, do you think Diana just killing bad people make her good or killing any kind of person makes her bad.
Rachel was technically to her a bad person who was taking daddy away from mummy( but was good )and she has to go.
So she is already doing bad without any help or forced and without emotion or feeling of guilt.so saying the scoobies doesn't know where she will end up, is just giving them an excuse to turn a blind eye to what she did. Last I remember these detectives catch people who kill and nick seeing trubel, he knew she was going down a bad part and again trubel had guilt about it
Killing people isn't some things, it's not like watching tom and jerry today and tomorrow don't watch it again. But since it's grimm and they sweep murder under the carpet
Interesting way to look at the Diana question. What for a child who hasn't been with her parents is good or bad?

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 01:50 PM)StrangeGirl Wrote: Another Diana thing that's bothering me, is, I wonder what side she will pick. As for now, she's just killing off those who get in the way/hurt her mommy and daddy. Of course, if this feud between Renard and Nick continues, it's going to bed up being Diana killing off all Adalind's friends, and Renard's friends. It might stay like that for a little, but after a while, switching houses, Diana is going to have to pick a side. Will it be Renards? or Adalind's...Diana seems like a daddy's girl, but has also done many things to help her mother. I just don't know what will happen, and I'm concerned, due to Diana being so powerful. Would they be able to have Diana against them?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

All of this discussion so far has made me wonder about something.....does Diana know the difference between good and evil? Before she could pick a side, she would have to know the difference, right?

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 06:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: All of this discussion so far has made me wonder about something.....does Diana know the difference between good and evil? Before she could pick a side, she would have to know the difference, right?
I don’t see how she can understand the concept of anything other than survival. Since in utero, Diana has been under attack. Since birth she has been chased and kidnapped multiple times. She has been with multiple strangers since around ten days old. The only understanding of good and evil I see existing, is that whoever had her at a given time presented their reason for taking her as right/good.

I don’t know why Diana has a clear memory of her parents while her memory of others is vague, but for whatever reason, she appears desperate to be with her parents. But once again Diana is being uprooted because of what others want. She is being taken from the only environment she has interpreted as family.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 06:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: All of this discussion so far has made me wonder about something.....does Diana know the difference between good and evil? Before she could pick a side, she would have to know the difference, right?

Does anyone?

In every war, both sides think they are good and their enemies are evil.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 07:39 PM)Robyn Wrote: But once again Diana is being uprooted because of what others want. She is being taken from the only environment she has interpreted as family.

Diana contacted her mother at the fome before she moved into the mansion. Diana will be there with Adalind, her half-brother and his father whose mother used to watch her and who works for her dad. I believe it possible to explain to her that both her and Kelly need to be able to see their own dad. Renard will be able to learn things about the scooby team from Diana and may be able to get her to do things to mess them up. I do not think it is likely he can get her to hurt Adalind or Kelly who she will be spending most of her time with.

(01-24-2017, 07:39 PM)Robyn Wrote:

I don’t see how she can understand the concept of anything other than survival. Since in utero, Diana has been under attack. Since birth she has been chased and kidnapped multiple times. She has been with multiple strangers since around ten days old. The only understanding of good and evil I see existing, is that whoever had her at a given time presented their reason for taking her as right/good.

I don’t know why Diana has a clear memory of her parents while her memory of others is vague, but for whatever reason, she appears desperate to be with her parents. But once again Diana is being uprooted because of what others want. She is being taken from the only environment she has interpreted as family.

I can't even imagine why she'd want to be with her parents. Neither one has shown any real stability either. On the other hand, blood is thicker than water.

I give it six episodes of shared custody before Diana asks Monroe and Rosalee to adopt her. Smile

(01-24-2017, 08:10 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:

Does anyone?

In every war, both sides think they are good and their enemies are evil.

This is a curious response. Is that the way you think Diana should have been taught about good and evil, as if there was a war waging?

There has always been a war of some kind raging around Diana, even before she was born. And everyone who's ever had her probably tried to teach them that their way was "good." Between Kelly, the HW safe house people and BC, the kid's head is probably ready to explode.