Grimm Forum
What is Monroe's Name? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What is Monroe's Name? (/Thread-What-is-Monroe-s-Name)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - Hyndara - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 04:09 PM)Abc10 Wrote: Well, it's always possible he does have a first name, but Silas just doesn't know about it because they never mentioned it in the show.

From my point of view on the show and the crew behind, my guess is, the fans are behind this. Monroe was quick adopted by the Grimmsters, but the first name Eddie? When I came into the fandom last year I read a lot in old journals and blogs and found out that there really was a sort of fan-hate against the first name Eddie. After my experiences with the cast and crew and how much and how deep they are looking into the fandom it wouldn't make me wonder if they would change the first name when it will finally come down to it. Heck, I'm pretty sure, Dave and Jim will write a dramatic cliffhanger in exact that moment when whoever will reveal it, has to finally tell said first name.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - pale boy - 11-24-2013

I hope he has a really embarrassing first name. Fergus or Abner levels of embarrassing.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - hot schade - 12-03-2013

lol! fergus would be pretty bad, maybe it's meredith LOL!!

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - Baron Waltrip - 12-20-2013

Does his mother call him Monroe?

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - droid327 - 12-21-2013

I'd be surprised if Monroe wasn't his first name...we know he comes from a long patrilinear line of Teutonic clockmakers, and his family isn't that far removed from the Old Country (I think I remember him mentioning his grandparents in Europe, if not his parents?), so I'd be very surprised if he had such an un-German family name.

That might even be the joke - Monroe has such a long, convoluted, unpronounceable German last name that he doesn't even bother to try and tell people anymore, he just goes by "Monroe". Maybe if he and Rosalie ever talk about getting married, they'll make some oblique joke about how she's not taking THAT name...

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 02:22 PM)droid327 Wrote: (I think I remember him mentioning his grandparents in Europe, if not his parents?)

In S2E19 "Endangered" Monroe speaks of his great-great-great-grandfather on his mother’s side who lived in Colmar, in S2E16 "Nameless" he gives an old clock to Rosalee, it's of the collection of his great-grandfather, but no name, no place is mentioned. Probably his great-grandfather was German like the clock seems to be. Did I forget a (great-...grand) parents scene?

So, if "Monroe" is the first name, the family name could be German, though we don't know too much about his ancestors. He speaks some German, so that's a plus.
I must admit, I like the idea very much. Big Grin

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - GrimminFlorida1 - 01-03-2014

Knowing Monroe it's probably something awkward and silly.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - mehr672 - 03-15-2014

I think her real name was Norma Jeane Mortenson

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - Elkhound - 03-15-2014

His parents called him "Monroe", so that's probably his first name. I'm surprised his mother didn't call him by his full name--that's what mothers do when they're really mad.

I agree that if it is a German name it is probably something unpronounceable.

I just had a horrible thought. Remember the early episode when Nick was looking at a film of Hitler and he wolgas into a Blutbad? What if Monroe's last name is Schlickelgrubber?! (Which was Hitler's original last name; his father changed it when he was a kid.)

(As a matter of fact, there were two nephews of Hitler living in New York at the end of the 20th C. [and they may still be alive, although they'd be in their 90s]; Hitler's older half-brother Aloysius [Alois] immigrated to the US in the 1920s where he married an Irishwoman and had two sons, both of whom served in the US Army during WWII. Neither married or had children, so that branch of the family is extinct.)

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - Gaultheria - 05-10-2014

(03-15-2014, 12:24 PM)Elkhound Wrote: I just had a horrible thought. Remember the early episode when Nick was looking at a film of Hitler and he wolgas into a Blutbad? What if Monroe's last name is Schlickelgrubber?! (Which was Hitler's original last name; his father changed it when he was a kid.)

I can see them taking that route. Fuchsbaus seem to be stereotyped as sly merchants, like Jews were [Edited to add: Oh, man, the importance of proofreading: I meant that Jews were stereotyped as sly merchants, not that Jews really were that way], and the reaction Monroe's parents had to Rosalee might be not so much about her but more about not wanting to face their own family history.