Grimm Forum
Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt (/Thread-Nicholas-Nick-Burkhardt)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - eric - 12-11-2016

IMO calling the abduction of Diana an atrocity forgets that wessen world is ruled by "a more primal law". The law is survival of the fittest, might makes right,possession is 10 tenths of the law, at least until someone stronger comes along. If the Royals want to take something from you, your only recourse is to hide it. Vicktor said they would down Renard and Adeline if they tried to run and hide, the best option was to use an expert at hiding, Kelly. Maybe a weird choice in real world, but that's the life of a Grimm.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 05:36 PM)eric Wrote: IMO calling the abduction of Diana an atrocity forgets that wessen world is ruled by "a more primal law". The law is survival of the fittest, might makes right,possession is 10 tenths of the law, at least until someone stronger comes along. If the Royals want to take something from you, your only recourse is to hide it. Vicktor said they would down Renard and Adeline if they tried to run and hide, the best option was to use an expert at hiding, Kelly. Maybe a weird choice in real world, but that's the life of a Grimm.

That's an interesting thought, eric, but I want to remind you of a post you made not real long ago:

Quote:I'm not sure about Oregon, but I would guess that just because some guy announces "This is my wife" it means squat without a ceremony and a legal sheet of paper. I took "Conrad was the wedding planer" as a snarky comment by Adeline. My feeling is they are still free

Taking a wife in a primal world is just that; taking a wife, no ceremony, no license, nothing. Grimm just sweetened it up by having Conrad slip a ring on Adalind's finger and pronounce her a princess.

I called the kidnapping of Diana an atrocity because it was committed by the one guy who's supposed to be better because he's a cop and swore to uphold the law. His involvement in kidnapping a child makes it an atrocity. In my opinion of course.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - eric - 12-11-2016

The only marriage between wessen we have seen is the Monroe & Rosales event. Very civilized, until the riot.There was no mention of another "ceremony" before or later. The wessen apparently observe regular human norms in most of their lives-- they go to church, have nursing homes. After all, they are 100% animals, more 50-50.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 07:44 PM)eric Wrote: The only marriage between wessen we have seen is the Monroe & Rosales event. Very civilized, until the riot.There was no mention of another "ceremony" before or later. The wessen apparently observe regular human norms in most of their lives-- they go to church, have nursing homes. After all, they are 100% animals, more 50-50.

Monroe and Rosalee are not typical wesen. If they were, they wouldn't have married one another.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-11-2016

Quote:Taking a wife in a primal world is just that; taking a wife, no ceremony, no license, nothing. Grimm just sweetened it up by having Conrad slip a ring on Adalind's finger and pronounce her a princess.

I called the kidnapping of Diana an atrocity because it was committed by the one guy who's supposed to be better because he's a cop and swore to uphold the law. His involvement in kidnapping a child makes it an atrocity. In my opinion of course.
irukandji your arguments ignore the facts of the circumstance of the situation. From a legal standpoint there is an argument that they did the right thing.
Even in the most primitive tribes there is some form of official marriage. Do that have legal contracts attached no. But they do have an acknowledgement that is more the saying, this is my wife.

As for the kidnapping you keep repeating you see it as an atrocity. You not once have you ever addressed the issue of, they hold on to Diana they would die. You have suggest that the group could provide protection. Yet the show has shown they want someone dead that person is dead. Plus name one instant that someone was protected from harm. If Adalind can inflict harm time and time again. What would make you think Viktor could not do the same thing. We saw Viktor kill the head of the varret for failing. So we know what he is capable of.

As for Nick breaking the law. The captain was involved and their actions could fall under protective custody. Which he would have the right seeing as Diana is his child. Could Adalind file charges sure but it would be a private citizen against a police captain arguing what is best for the child. Seeing how Adalind entered the country illegally to begin with. Her credibility would be called into question. Remember Diana is as much his as she is Adalind's.

You also have to consider any court in any state presented with the contract that showed Adalind sold her child. Would advocate Adalind lose custody and be arrested for child endangerment. You can not sell your child. Even if you do regret it later and try and resend the agreement. As for she signed up duress. She accepted payment which would invalidate any claim of duress.

In summary
Had they keep Diana based on what we have seen in the show Viktor would have killed Adalind and Sean. The show has never shown anyone able to be protected from harm. I think Juliette would agree on that fact.
Hiding the child from the Royals can not be said was in the best interest of the child. As for the court they always side with what is in the best interest of the child.
As for Adalind and custody. She entered the country illegally, plus she signed a contract and accepted payment in exchange for her child. That would cause any parent in any state to lose custody.
As far as the show has indicated. Nick does not know she sold Diana. I wonder if he did would he be so willing to trust her with Kelly. Now that she has run off with Kelly, if he finds out about Diana. Will he still be willing to be so understanding of her doing what she needed to do.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 09:11 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Taking a wife in a primal world is just that; taking a wife, no ceremony, no license, nothing. Grimm just sweetened it up by having Conrad slip a ring on Adalind's finger and pronounce her a princess.

irukandji your arguments ignore the facts of the circumstance of the situation. From a legal standpoint there is an argument that they did the right thing.
Even in the most primitive tribes there is some form of official marriage. Do that have legal contracts attached no. But they do have an acknowledgement that is more the saying, this is my wife.

As for the kidnapping you keep repeating you see it as an atrocity. You not once have you ever addressed the issue of, they hold on to Diana they would die. You have suggest that the group could provide protection. Yet the show has shown they want someone dead that person is dead. Plus name one instant that someone was protected from harm. If Adalind can inflict harm time and time again. What would make you think Viktor could not do the same thing. We saw Viktor kill the head of the varret for failing. So we know what he is capable of.

As for Nick breaking the law. The captain was involved and their actions could fall under protective custody. Which he would have the right seeing as Diana is his child. Could Adalind file charges sure but it would be a private citizen against a police captain arguing what is best for the child. Seeing how Adalind entered the country illegally to begin with. Her credibility would be called into question. Remember Diana is as much his as she is Adalind's.

You also have to consider any court in any state presented with the contract that showed Adalind sold her child. Would advocate Adalind lose custody and be arrested for child endangerment. You can not sell your child. Even if you do regret it later and try and resend the agreement. As for she signed up duress. She accepted payment which would invalidate any claim of duress.

In summary
Had they keep Diana based on what we have seen in the show Viktor would have killed Adalind and Sean. The show has never shown anyone able to be protected from harm. I think Juliette would agree on that fact.
Hiding the child from the Royals can not be said was in the best interest of the child. As for the court they always side with what is in the best interest of the child.
As for Adalind and custody. She entered the country illegally, plus she signed a contract and accepted payment in exchange for her child. That would cause any parent in any state to lose custody.
As far as the show has indicated. Nick does not know she sold Diana. I wonder if he did would he be so willing to trust her with Kelly. Now that she has run off with Kelly, if he finds out about Diana. Will he still be willing to be so understanding of her doing what she needed to do.

Once the king was dead, the resistance took Diana and did not give Renard a chance to see her. She was not in as much danger and if Renard was on there side he would have warned them about the upcoming attack from black claw.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-12-2016

Quote:Once the king was dead, the resistance took Diana and did not give Renard a chance to see her. She was not in as much danger and if Renard was on there side he would have warned them about the upcoming attack from black claw.

When Meisner took Diana from the helicopter, the implication was Diana went to HW and the safe house. There is nothing to say Diana was ever with the resistance. By the time Sean learned that BC had Diana. The group already knew about BC. Sean had no idea where Diana was or who had her before BC attacked the safe house.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 12:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: When Meisner took Diana from the helicopter, the implication was Diana went to HW and the safe house. There is nothing to say Diana was ever with the resistance. By the time Sean learned that BC had Diana. The group already knew about BC. Sean had no idea where Diana was or who had her before BC attacked the safe house.

Earlier in the season the resistance had told Sean they stilled wanted Diana but Sean pointed out they had been compromised. Meisner and other former members of the resistance who are now part of HW likely wanted Diana. Sean telling HW that a attack was coming would have lead to more security which would prevented the attack from working. Sean often plays both sides against each other and goes with the stronger side so this type of behavior is normal for him.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-12-2016

Quote:Earlier in the season the resistance had told Sean they stilled wanted Diana but Sean pointed out they had been compromised. Meisner and other former members of the resistance who are now part of HW likely wanted Diana. Sean telling HW that a attack was coming would have lead to more security which would prevented the attack from working. Sean often plays both sides against each other and goes with the stronger side so this type of behavior is normal for him.
The resistance has never made an effort to get Diana. The only mention of the resistance in regards to Dian was those made by Kelly. Also Sean mentioned the resistance when Viktor was going to threaten Sean in telling the resistance that Sean used there name to kidnap Diana. No where has it ever been insinuated that the resistance and HW have a connection. The only connection was Meisner saying HW pays more then the resistance. And Sean saying Meisner used to work for the resistance.

We don't even know that Sean knew about the attack on HW. Conrad and Sean did not get there till after the attack. Second I don't think Sean would have let Meisner be attacked without warning. When he did get there Sean was on Meisner side. SEan had no idea that Conrad was going to kill Meisner. Sean was telling Meisner there was a place for him.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 06:57 AM)syscrash Wrote: The resistance has never made an effort to get Diana. The only mention of the resistance in regards to Dian was those made by Kelly. Also Sean mentioned the resistance when Viktor was going to threaten Sean in telling the resistance that Sean used there name to kidnap Diana.

Sean meet with a member of the resistance in a car and Sean told them they had a mole and the resistance member say they still wanted Diana.

(12-12-2016, 06:57 AM)syscrash Wrote: We don't even know that Sean knew about the attack on HW. Conrad and Sean did not get there till after the attack. Second I don't think Sean would have let Meisner be attacked without warning. When he did get there Sean was on Meisner side. SEan had no idea that Conrad was going to kill Meisner. Sean was telling Meisner there was a place for him.

Only few days after the attack, Diana being losted to HW was in the database and Eve read about it and that was many shows after Rachel talked about BC getting Diana.