Grimm Forum
Adalind's apology - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's apology (/Thread-Adalind-s-apology)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-24-2017

The offense that got the Wesen Counsel's dander up was using the woge in a conspicuous manner that risked revealing the existence of wesen to the general kehrseite population. IOW, if you woge in front of kehrseite victims make sure you kill them, and if you get cornered by kehrseite cops and can't get away from them or kill them, don't you dare woge.

The Wesen Counsel didn't care about individual wesen and kehrseite killing each other as long as it wasn't seen in a way that made it hard to explain away. And at the time the charters were written the kehrseite authorities (the royals) probably didn't care either. And I don't see any reason to think that today's non-royal kehrseite authorities care any more than the royals did.

RE: Adalind's apology - izzy - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 04:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote: That was the legal profession's loss, imo.

That is kind of you to say.

(02-24-2017, 04:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote: If I were confronted by a person woging I truly believe I would be scared beyond description. The abstract thinking part of my brain would evaporate and I would revert to my most basic instincts and be so scared. I don't even think I could handle a beautiful animal face like Rosalee's or a kinda sweet countenance like Bud's. Bloody coward.

I don't think it is cowardice. Innate instincts are what they are, just visceral responses linked to survival

I know how I am likely to respond to certain type of stimuli because on occasion I witnessed some very strange phenomena and know how I reacted (one turned out to be very easily explained the next day). The experiences did not phase me where as companions were terrified I was curious to investigatory.

On the other hand some supernatural type ghostie stuff like séances actually terrifies me and others I know are no phased. We are all wired differently. I don't think it has anything to do with cowardice, just latent survival mechanisms kicking in.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-24-2017

I am and extremely logical person. Like watching a contortionist. I don't see the beauty of what they do. I am to busy trying to figure out how the bones are dislocating to get into the positions they do. Even when watching Grimm to see a woge in real life. I would be so amazed at the physics involved I would want to watch it several times. That is also why I don't enjoy large magic tricks. I know it did not happen so I don't find it that amazing. I like closeup magic not for the illusion but for the dexterity it takes.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-24-2017

What would be really fascinating about watching the wesen woge if it was real is that it's a full morph. Unlike some movie transformations where you can see the bones moving under the skin, hair growing out of skin, skin shedding, etc., in a wesen woge the entire body - bones, skin, hair, everything - changes shape and texture all at once. And then changes back, with no sign of shedding anything.

In real life, however, it's nowhere near as fascinating. Especially if you're the one who has to stand still like a statue while it's happening.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 01-05-2018

(02-05-2017, 12:13 PM)syscrash Wrote: It was Eve reaction that is the most confusing. She neither accepted or rejected it. Given Eve was in a vulnar able state that could account for her lack of response. But to have Eve say she does not believe she belonged there. Only to have Adalind say she is to weak to leave. Makes the next move completely unpredictable. Is this a prelude to Eve and Adalind becoming friends. Nick did not look comfortable seeing Eve and Adalind there. Could they be building to Adalind and Eve staying at the fome and Nick leaving.

I was thinking about this very scene the other day. Adalind apologized to Juliette. Eve doesn't consider herself Juliette, so her lack of response to Adalind may be totally appropriate.

RE: Adalind's apology - brandon - 01-06-2018

The one who sees a "Woge, can go crazy or grab a gun and shoot what he sees.
Those can be the natural reactions.You are usually afraid of what is not understood
and there's been a lot of witch and wolf hunting in antiquity ,on the part of very religious people.
Who has not seen a movie about ghosts has not turned around to look behind?
I do.
Remember that juliette did analyze the hair-season 1-and it was a mixture, maybe it did not even have the human DNA of Larry.
It would be like the hybrids-tiger and lion,donkey and mare-.

RE: Adalind's apology - Robyn - 01-06-2018

(01-05-2018, 10:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: I was thinking about this very scene the other day. Adalind apologized to Juliette. Eve doesn't consider herself Juliette, so her lack of response to Adalind may be totally appropriate.
That might hold more weight with me if she hadn’t referred to her and Nick as ‘us’ when reminding him about something from ‘their’ past. According to G & K, Eve felt Juliette’s emotions but she wasn’t Juliette. So I can understand Eve would be confused by the rush of Juliette’s emotions, but not that she’d periodically confuse herself with Juliette. To me, it looks like the writers made the character Eve or Juliette based on what they wanted in a particular scene.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 01-06-2018

(01-06-2018, 07:27 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 10:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: I was thinking about this very scene the other day. Adalind apologized to Juliette. Eve doesn't consider herself Juliette, so her lack of response to Adalind may be totally appropriate.
That might hold more weight with me if she hadn’t referred to her and Nick as ‘us’ when reminding him about something from ‘their’ past. According to G & K, Eve felt Juliette’s emotions but she wasn’t Juliette. So I can understand Eve would be confused by the rush of Juliette’s emotions, but not that she’d periodically confuse herself with Juliette. To me, it looks like the writers made the character Eve or Juliette based on what they wanted in a particular scene.

I know. I remember the scene where Eve confessed to Nick at the end of the series. I was thinking about it because if someone else had written this post, I certainly would have brought it up. What I think the writers were at least attempting to show is that the characters have changed. Eve was ill and recovering when Adalind apologized to her. She was well strong, and confided in Nick at the end of the series.

I don't beiieve in people shouldn't forgive themselves for their transgressions and I found it sad that Eve would admit such a thing. However, in the admission, it does reflect a sign of growth. If, as G&K stated, the characters were one big happy family, it stands to reason that Eve gained the capacity to forgive herself and accept forgiveness from the rest of the characters.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-06-2018

Disassociative Identity Disorder ("multiple personalities") happens when the mind compartmentalizes itself to escape the effects of some experience or emotion. Over time, the "alter" personality can either diverge and become more and more different from the "prime" personality, or the different personalities can converge.

"Eve" was not devoid of emotion, she just experienced different emotions (like irritation and anger, for example), and deliberately chose to keep Juliette's walled off. The stick appeared to break that wall down and merge the two personalities for a time, until Eve put it back up. And when she did, it wasn't exactly the same wall it had been before.

RE: Adalind's apology - Robyn - 01-07-2018

(01-06-2018, 03:59 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Disassociative Identity Disorder ("multiple personalities") happens when the mind compartmentalizes itself to escape the effects of some experience or emotion. Over time, the "alter" personality can either diverge and become more and more different from the "prime" personality, or the different personalities can converge.

"Eve" was not devoid of emotion, she just experienced different emotions (like irritation and anger, for example), and deliberately chose to keep Juliette's walled off. The stick appeared to break that wall down and merge the two personalities for a time, until Eve put it back up. And when she did, it wasn't exactly the same wall it had been before.
I don’t disagree with the technical side of split personalities. My point was the show switched out Eve & Juliette depending on the scene/circumstances even before the stick whammy. Eve threatened Adalind if she hurt Nick and was preoccupied with protecting Nick’s son while the artificially created personality was supposedly intact, but, couldn’t muster a response to Adalind’s apology after the two personalities had supposedly begun to merge. Although referring to her and Nick as ‘us’ when recalling a previous event that didn’t require responsibility, she clearly separated the two personalities when referencing Juliette’s unforgivable actions in S4.

However, I don't see that behavior as part of the character's blended personality as much as the writers avoiding getting to the heart of Nick and Juliette's downfall.