Grimm Forum
Adalind's apology - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's apology (/Thread-Adalind-s-apology)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-12-2017

Quote:We were never given any details about Rolek Porter's life as a Grimm. For all we know, Porter's wife could have raised Josh at home and told him that his dad was a travelling salesman while he spent his working years traveling the world grimming until he got too old and sick to conintue and decided to make Josh take him and his collection to Nick. The Verrat certainly knew who he was, and were dogging his path all the way to Portland. Not something that you'd expect to suddenly happen just because he decided to travel west after spending years living a quiet life.
Actually Josh did say that his father had been trying educate him on being a Grimm and tell him about wesen. Josh thought he was crazy and did not believe him. Rolex had been telling Josh for so long Josh was tired of hearing it. Josh only went along on this trip because his father was dying.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-13-2017

He'd been talking to Josh about it for two weeks. Josh said that right after Rolek killed the Verrat in the hotel room.

I think the two biggest clues about Rolek's level of active Grimm were 1) that the Verrat knew who he was, and 2) that even as weak as he was he was still able to kill a Hundjager. My guess is, Rolek had been active as all hell until his health gave out and he couldn't do it anymore.

RE: Adalind's apology - syscrash - 02-13-2017

Quote:He'd been talking to Josh about it for two weeks. Josh said that right after Rolek killed the Verrat in the hotel room.
The two weeks was rolek insistence on getting the trunk and key to Nick. AT the shop Josh was thinking back on all the his father had told him and how he had not believed him.

Ok, thanks. So there's no evidence that Rolek walked away from being a Grimm because he had a family.

RE: Adalind's apology - jsgrimm45 - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 02:45 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Ok, thanks. So there's no evidence that Rolek walked away from being a Grimm because he had a family.
May I disagree here Rolek told Nick he couldn't do what his father had done, maybe it is only me but I took this to mean face and kill wesen. In season 5 we learn there was a book of Grimm's and their family tree, never said it as the only book. The royals could have been also keeping track of Grimm's if they were then the verrat would know about Rolek. Depending on his family tree (we may have to make a leap here) they may have thought he had a key. Somehow they knew Nick's family did.

That never has be explain and likely we will never know. How did the royals track the keys?

So did I. I think both Rolek and his father were active.

It's probably not possible for a Grimm to totally walk away from it without becoming a total hermit. Once you start seeing wesen woge, they start seeing you seeing them, and sooner or later you're going to run into one who isn't going to just get scared and run.

Take Trubel, for instance. She never went hunting for wesen before she came to Portland and ran into Nick, yet she had already had to fight off - and kill - enough of them who came after her to have a good start on writing her own volume of a Grimm book.

As for how the royals tracked the keys? Not very effectively, from the look of things.

RE: Adalind's apology - MarylikesGrimm - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 01:57 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: So did I. I think both Rolek and his father were active.

It's probably not possible for a Grimm to totally walk away from it. Once you start seeing wesen woge, they start seeing you seeing them, and sooner or later you're going to run into one who isn't going to just get scared and run. Take Trubel, for instance. She never went hunting for wesen before she came to Portland and ran into Nick, yet she had already had to fight off - and kill - enough of them who came after her to have a good start on writing her own volume of a Grimm book.

As for how the royals tracked the keys? Not very effectively.

Why don't non-active Grimms wear sunglasses in public?

Because they don't have a Monroe to tell them about sunglasses.

RE: Adalind's apology - irukandji - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 09:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind feels secure in her relationship with Nick and she wants to try to make up for her past mistakes.

I took this statement from a different thread because it made me think about Adalind's apology because something about that apology bothered me.

I agree that Adalind feels comfortable in her relationship with Nick. She got Diana back and both children are with her. She's back at the fome and free to do what she wants. She's also getting along relatively well with Sean.

So Eve is unconscious and in the tunnel for days. We don't know if she has any money to live on her own. I tend to suspect not. But that aside, she's almost dead in the tunnel when Adalind finds and rescues her. Suffice to say, Adalind's life is going hunky dory. Eve's, not at all.

So Adalind takes the time to apologize at a time when everything is going great in her life and everything is going terrible in Eve's life and Eve really isn't in a totally cognizant frame of mind to even appreciate the gesture. It was probably one of the most ill-timed things I've ever seen on Grimm.

RE: Adalind's apology - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-21-2017

Bad timing. Sounds like Adalind to me.