Grimm Forum
When did Adalind start to fall in love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: When did Adalind start to fall in love (/Thread-When-did-Adalind-start-to-fall-in-love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-03-2016

(12-03-2016, 09:08 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 08:06 AM)Purity Wrote: Alright, let me try understand this...
Lets put killing Nicks mum, and trying to kill Nicks Baby as part of the grudges.

Then lets say in S6, both Nick and Juliette get back together and fall in love all over again.

This means that in the future if one of them annoys the other, they are allowed to take thier past for granted? it will be alright to go on a family killing spree, knowing that after a few months they will forgive each other once again and continue lack of integrity, shame, being cold hearted, irresponsible life.

And all this will be super alright. Big Grin
Hi Purity,
Belated, but Welcome to Forum!
I enjoy the way you call it as you see it.
As a "what if" example of this grudge/forgiveness discussion consider this updated situation from the confrontation in the PPD Precinct (4.19 Iron Hans):
Adalind is holding baby Kelly and walking down the Precinct hall with Nick. Kelly says Da Da to him for the first time. Nick is glowing with pride.
FrankenEve with season 4 memories and emotions fully restored bursts on the scene. She calls out "I've been looking for you, Bitch!" Nick pleads "Juliette, No!" She glares at him while woging, screeching "and your bastard." She explodes Kelly's head turns Adalind into stone. She does her wrist flip freezing time (except for her) and walks off.
Will Nick have a grudge? Will he blame himself? Will he accept her explaining that "Juliette did that, I am Eve" and forgive her?
N G

Thank you. Glad to be part of the community.

Gimme a sec... hahaha Big Grin , I am trying to imagine this all. Big Grin

Oh my oh my..... Nick will murder himself on the screen set right there,
Infact, NBC can end Grimm right there, no need to continue more new episodes.
Grimm fans all over the world will fly to NBC head Quarters and burn it down.

hahaha Big Grin

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-03-2016

Quote:Alright, let me try understand this...
Lets put killing Nicks mum, and trying to kill Nicks Baby as part of the grudges.

Then lets say in S6, both Nick and Juliette get back together and fall in love all over again.

This means that in the future if one of them annoys the other, they are allowed to take thier past for granted? it will be alright to go on a family killing spree, knowing that after a few months they will forgive each other once again and continue lack of integrity, shame, being cold hearted, irresponsible life.

And all this will be super alright. Big Grin
I am not making a judgement on how actions are dealt with on the show. My statement addresses the fact that grudges are never dealt with on the show. Right or wrong that is how it is.
My statement is in response to people thinking Juliette should be held responsible for her actions. That Nick should consider Juliette past actions on decisions about his current situation. Right or wrong this has never been the case for anyone else actions, so why would Juliette be any different.

Quote:syscrash Wrote:
also all of the statement you sighted where said before she got her powers back. Once she got her powers back which was when he returned from Germany. Every thing was different. He did not even let her know he was back. lied about when he got back lied about the trip. What ever they had before he left was gone once he got back.

I am a bit lost on what you meant here but...

if it has to do on trust aspect, its a gradual step, thier relationship is building maturely. At least they still shared their secrets.

Regarding the Stick, I believe they decided to keep it secret because they did not know what it really does. The less people knew about it the better, maybe later he would have told her. I found that normal.
You are right Trust is something that is earned over time. When season five started Nick and Adalind did seem to be building a sense of trust.
I was pointing out after Nick got back the trust that was building stopped. Adalind had a reason she had her powers back, that could be why she changed. Nick did not know she had them back, so what caused him to change. Why did he lie about stopping at the spice shop. Before he left he did not act that way. From there it was one lie after another. I can only imagine it was the show building for the break.

Quote:Hi Purity,
Belated, but Welcome to Forum!
I enjoy the way you call it as you see it.
As a "what if" example of this grudge/forgiveness discussion consider this updated situation from the confrontation in the PPD Precinct (4.19 Iron Hans):
Adalind is holding baby Kelly and walking down the Precinct hall with Nick. Kelly says Da Da to him for the first time. Nick is glowing with pride.
FrankenEve with season 4 memories and emotions fully restored bursts on the scene. She calls out "I've been looking for you, Bitch!" Nick pleads "Juliette, No!" She glares at him while woging, screeching "and your bastard." She explodes Kelly's head turns Adalind into stone. She does her wrist flip freezing time (except for her) and walks off.
Will Nick have a grudge? Will he blame himself? Will he accept her explaining that "Juliette did that, I am Eve" and forgive her?
N G

It does not matter how you paint the picture. The mechanics of the show does not have the characters holding grudges. You are trying to see it based on a logical reasonable response. This is a show where the mechanics not logic drives the action. To keep this position from being utterly ridicules. The show always gives the characters plausible denial in their actions. It is this plausible denial the we argue about. You only see the event, and not the writer intent. Then intent a lot of times contradicts the visuals shown in the event. That is why the quick narratives in the after the event are so important. It is these narratives that are intended to provide the characters with a way out.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 12-04-2016

(12-03-2016, 01:06 AM)Purity Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 12:33 AM)irukandji Wrote: Degrimm brought up something recently that I thought would add to the discussion.

Nick and Adalind are natural enemies in the wesen world. While they might be able to overcome their own internal difficulties with one another, which I doubt, can they overcome the difficulties of their world? In other words, wesen, other Grimms, and hexenbiests would not only find their relationship vulgar, but an abomination, an insult, and a hypocrisy. Consider the Grimms who lost loved ones to hexenbiests. Add the other side of the coin, hexenbiests who've lost loved ones to Grimms. No doubt some of these are some kind of relation to either Nick or Adalind, so now there's a betrayal of family at stake.

Finally, if these two stay together, what kind of a stigma is leveled on Kelly and Diana?

This is very deep, and I like.

I guess then this is were them (Nick & Adalind) being a family will be very important. For it will be them strong as a family versus the world together with the few friends they have who understand their situation like Monroe and Roselee, (both are 2 different wesens too, they too did not care about tradition and presently working well for them).

Thank you!

I don't think being a family versus the world should be the cornerstone of Nick and Adalind's relationship, at least not at this point. Having a family takes a strong commitment to protect the children involved in the family. Adalind and Nick do not have a belief in family but instead have always been of the self-serving kind in my opinion. A family cannot compete with that kind of an outlook.

I'm glad you brought up Monroe and Rosalee because they should be willing not only to help, but to do whatever it takes if they believe Nick and Adalind will need their support. Nick had to become a Grimm again in order to help them and Juliette suffered the after effects to help them and Nick. They can do no less for Nick and, if need arises, they owe Eve as well.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-04-2016

Quote:I don't think being a family versus the world should be the cornerstone of Nick and Adalind's relationship, at least not at this point. Having a family takes a strong commitment to protect the children involved in the family. Adalind and Nick do not have a belief in family but instead have always been of the self-serving kind in my opinion. A family cannot compete with that kind of an outlook.

I'm glad you brought up Monroe and Rosalee because they should be willing not only to help, but to do whatever it takes if they believe Nick and Adalind will need their support. Nick had to become a Grimm again in order to help them and Juliette suffered the after effects to help them and Nick. They can do no less for Nick and, if need arises, they owe Eve as well.

Instead of trying to figure out what makes emotional sense. why not figure out what makes logical sense. Especially since the show ignores rational thought.
ON a purely logical bases. Adalind has two kids one is a powerful hexenbiest. Adalind is a hexenbiest herself. She also has a connection with Sean. There would be to many complications for Nick and Adalind to be the end game. The show has never done complicated. In fact the moved Juliette out the way to eliminate the complications for Adalind. Eve only complication is her emotional state. But they ended with signs that she is changing. But for her to become emotionally available would cause complications in her being Eve. The simplest answer would be. Nick and Eve stay working partners with possibilities of a relationship developing. For Adalind to eliminate complications she focuses only on the kids. She is constantly dealing with the problems they create.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-05-2016

(12-04-2016, 11:39 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:I don't think being a family versus the world should be the cornerstone of Nick and Adalind's relationship, at least not at this point. Having a family takes a strong commitment to protect the children involved in the family. Adalind and Nick do not have a belief in family but instead have always been of the self-serving kind in my opinion. A family cannot compete with that kind of an outlook.

Instead of trying to figure out what makes emotional sense. why not figure out what makes logical sense. Especially since the show ignores rational thought.
ON a purely logical bases. Adalind has two kids one is a powerful hexenbiest. Adalind is a hexenbiest herself. She also has a connection with Sean. There would be to many complications for Nick and Adalind to be the end game. The show has never done complicated. In fact the moved Juliette out the way to eliminate the complications for Adalind. Eve only complication is her emotional state. But they ended with signs that she is changing. But for her to become emotionally available would cause complications in her being Eve. The simplest answer would be. Nick and Eve stay working partners with possibilities of a relationship developing. For Adalind to eliminate complications she focuses only on the kids. She is constantly dealing with the problems they create.

My opinion, Eve knows she has alot of personal issues to handle. Now that she knows she is new person reborn in this supernatural world, and the magic stick has complicated things more for her, a relationship with any body is the last thing on her mind. She needs to find out who she really is, where she belongs and make amends.

As for Nick/Adalind, they both have moved on, to further their relationship would be best for them and children. Things are moving at a pace for them which cannot be avioded and do not think they want to avoid it. Instead they are working on it.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-05-2016

Quote:My opinion, Eve knows she has alot of personal issues to handle. Now that she knows she is new person reborn in this supernatural world, and the magic stick has complicated things more for her, a relationship with any body is the last thing on her mind. She needs to find out who she really is, where she belongs and make amends.

As for Nick/Adalind, they both have moved on, to further their relationship would be best for them and children. Things are moving at a pace for them which cannot be avioded and do not think they want to avoid it. Instead they are working on it.
They will keep Eve emotionally detached so she can remain an action figure. Out of five season the show has not done amends, and they will not start now.

The Adalind and Nick relationship was building. But after the trip it was on the decline. This sets up for her exit. There is nothing in the show that would lead to what's best for the children even be considered. The show does not do rational thought.

They have already moved Adalind into a different group and started the reintegration of Eve. To put Adalind back with Nick would limit Diana's action opportunity.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - degrimm - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 12:49 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:My opinion, Eve knows she has alot of personal issues to handle. Now that she knows she is new person reborn in this supernatural world, and the magic stick has complicated things more for her, a relationship with any body is the last thing on her mind. She needs to find out who she really is, where she belongs and make amends.

They will keep Eve emotionally detached so she can remain an action figure. Out of five season the show has not done amends, and they will not start now.

The Adalind and Nick relationship was building. But after the trip it was on the decline. This sets up for her exit. There is nothing in the show that would lead to what's best for the children even be considered. The show does not do rational thought.

They have already moved Adalind into a different group and started the reintegration of Eve. To put Adalind back with Nick would limit Diana's action opportunity.

What do you think changed btw both of them cos apart from the fact he stopped trusting women he had emotional connection but compartmentalize his life I would say there is nothing keeping them from getting together again

Quote:What do you think changed btw both of them cos apart from the fact he stopped trusting women he had emotional connection but compartmentalize his life I would say there is nothing keeping them from getting together again
Considering at no time has Nick ever had a relationship that was not in crises. Season one Juliette under attack. Season two she can't remember. Season 3 unsure of being with Nick. Season 4 Hexenbiest, Season 5 dealing with Adalind ending in lack of trust. With this history whould would Season 6 see any kind of successful relationship. The shows history shows the writers don't think that makes good story. No conflict in a happy relationship. That is what keeps them apart. Also any speculation dealing with Nick has to contain heart ache and misery. Out of 123 episodes have we every seen Nick not miserable. Why would season 6 be any different. We have seen moments of joy only to be followed by long periods of sorrow. Even the birth of his son was surrounded by catastrophic events. Even the moment he was playing with his son was cut short. It was interrupted in a way to imply tension between Nick and Adalind.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 05:13 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:What do you think changed btw both of them cos apart from the fact he stopped trusting women he had emotional connection but compartmentalize his life I would say there is nothing keeping them from getting together again
Considering at no time has Nick ever had a relationship that was not in crises. Season one Juliette under attack. Season two she can't remember. Season 3 unsure of being with Nick. Season 4 Hexenbiest, Season 5 dealing with Adalind ending in lack of trust. With this history whould would Season 6 see any kind of successful relationship. The shows history shows the writers don't think that makes good story. No conflict in a happy relationship. That is what keeps them apart. Also any speculation dealing with Nick has to contain heart ache and misery. Out of 123 episodes have we every seen Nick not miserable. Why would season 6 be any different. We have seen moments of joy only to be followed by long periods of sorrow. Even the birth of his son was surrounded by catastrophic events. Even the moment he was playing with his son was cut short. It was interrupted in a way to imply tension between Nick and Adalind.

This is what I would call character growth. The first time I watched the show as I got to season 2 end, I had already known that his first love Juliette was doomed before I reached 4. Mean while there was another character growing simultaneously too, the Adalind character who also had her crisis issues in her way.

As I kept on watching I noticed, that these 2 characters where going at the same pace, be it lose, crisis, sorrow, death, regretes, catastrophic moments, both of them have had the same package. I then had known they were moving these 2 characters to the tip top of the pyramid.

Right now both these characters "Nick and Adalind" have come so far with everything that has happened to them that any threat coming thier way, they would not be taken by surprise. Their maturity has come a long way, so this present moment, as they are together, they will be ready to tackle the situation. The one thing new to them both is the trust issue, but they are working on it and I believe in S6 this area becomes brighter. But when it come to threats to thier family, they are ready for it. Both of them will not allow other forces to hurt them. They are aware of the dangers thier world can do, so as long as they both be together, they can become unstopable.

Quote:Right now both these characters "Nick and Adalind" have come so far with everything that has happened to them that any threat coming thier way, they would not be taken by surprise. Their maturity has come a long way, so this present moment, as they are together, they will be ready to tackle the situation. The one thing new to them both is the trust issue, but they are working on it and I believe in S6 this area becomes brighter. But when it come to threats to thier family, they are ready for it. Both of them will not allow other forces to hurt them. They are aware of the dangers thier world can do, so as long as they both be together, they can become unstopable.
That is a romantic notion of the characters being able to overcome adversity. But you have never seen that in any of the characters. Juliette is a good example, they did not deal with the threats. The treats is what broke them apart. It was the treats that where used to remove Juliette so they could put Adalind with Nick. At the end of season 5 Nick and Adalind had reached the point of lack of trust and dealing threats. It would make no sense to resolve this situation when at no other time have the situations have been resolved.