Grimm Forum

Full Version: Avengers: Infinity War
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I get started, I need to state I haven't watched any trailers and I request that no trailers are discussed.

It is now a month before the movie releases so I thought we could have a lot of interesting discussions. I have a few questions such as:

What character interactions would you like to see?

Who will be the unexpected heroes, besides Howard the Duck?

Where the hell are Daisy and co. as well as Black Bolt and the rest of the Inhuman Royal Family when the battle goes down?
On a positive note. Me and the wife date night. We are finally gong to go see a double feature at Becky's, our local drive in tonight, 1st showing, Avengers; Infinity War followed by Solo, a Star War Story. The Ac is working great and the car stereo system is pumping. There wont be any back seat action for these 2 movies tonight.
(05-27-2018, 03:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]On a positive note. Me and the wife date night. We are finally gong to go see a double feature at Becky's, our local drive in tonight, 1st showing, Avengers; Infinity War followed by Solo, a Star War Story. The Ac is working great and the car stereo system is pumping. There wont be any back seat action for these 2 movies tonight.

Disney has taken over the world. They have Infinity War and another Star Wars film released in a month. That would be amazing in itself without including Incredibles 2 and Ant-Man and the Wasp which will be released this summer.
(05-27-2018, 05:11 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2018, 03:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]On a positive note. Me and the wife date night. We are finally gong to go see a double feature at Becky's, our local drive in tonight, 1st showing, Avengers; Infinity War followed by Solo, a Star War Story. The Ac is working great and the car stereo system is pumping. There wont be any back seat action for these 2 movies tonight.

Disney has taken over the world. They have Infinity War and another Star Wars film released in a month. That would be amazing in itself without including Incredibles 2 and Ant-Man and the Wasp which will be released this summer.

you watch, soon they are going to be bigger than Amazon and Netflix

Not to mention they've got the X-Men IP now for their Marvel movies!

I just recently saw Infinity War. Curious if it met your expectations?

*slight spoiler* With the way it ended, it's hard to tell who survived, and who didn't. I enjoyed the film a lot, but with so many characters, it felt a little rushed even if it'll be in two parts. But in the upcoming sequel, with fewer characters so to speak, maybe there will be more screen time for the original Avengers, who we didn't get to see reunited yet in Infinity War.
(05-27-2018, 11:54 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]

Not to mention they've got the X-Men IP now for their Marvel movies!

I just recently saw Infinity War. Curious if it met your expectations?

*slight spoiler* With the way it ended, it's hard to tell who survived, and who didn't. I enjoyed the film a lot, but with so many characters, it felt a little rushed even if it'll be in two parts. But in the upcoming sequel, with fewer characters so to speak, maybe there will be more screen time for the original Avengers, who we didn't get to see reunited yet in Infinity War.

I wasn't crazy about the ending either. I hate it when they entice you to see the next one. Without giving away too many spoilers, so here is your warning.

I do smell a time sequence in the next one to change some of these resuts. Do you think they will keep them as they ended, including the green gal?
The characters who disappeared as a result of the wisdom of Thanos will come back but I suspect there will be a heavy price to pay since all of the OG Avengers survived. Cap talked about how they don't trade lives but that's probably exactly what will happen in the next film. I fully expect Cap to make the ultimate sacrifice next year.

The movie has been out a month so I think it ok to discuss spoilers now so anyone who hasn't watched should look away now.

From memory, these are the heroes who disappeared:

Spider-Man
Drax
Star-Lord
Groot
Mantis
Dr. Strange
Falcon
Bucky
Wanda
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Maria Hill

The following had died before the end:

Loki
Heimdall
Vision
Gamora

I think Gamora, the green gal, will come back somehow along with Vision in a different form but I suspect Loki and Heimdall are gone for good.

The movie did meet my expectations because I thought a movie with this many characters would be cluttered but it flowed nicely. I wanted it to be longer. I could've easily sat there for three hours. Thanos has become one of the most memorable villains while Thor, Dr. Strange, Spidey, IM, Wanda, and the Guardians shined throughout the film. I was surprised that Cap played a minimal role but I suspect he might play the biggest role next year.
(05-28-2018, 08:38 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]The characters who disappeared as a result of the wisdom of Thanos will come back but I suspect there will be a heavy price to pay since all of the OG Avengers survived. Cap talked about how they don't trade lives but that's probably exactly what will happen in the next film. I fully expect Cap to make the ultimate sacrifice next year.

The movie has been out a month so I think it ok to discuss spoilers now so anyone who hasn't watched should look away now.

From memory, these are the heroes who disappeared:

Spider-Man
Drax
Star-Lord
Groot
Mantis
Dr. Strange
Falcon
Bucky
Wanda
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Maria Hill

The following had died before the end:

Loki
Heimdall
Vision
Gamora

I think Gamora, the green gal, will come back somehow along with Vision in a different form but I suspect Loki and Heimdall are gone for good.

The movie did meet my expectations because I thought a movie with this many characters would be cluttered but it flowed nicely. I wanted it to be longer. I could've easily sat there for three hours. Thanos has become one of the most memorable villains while Thor, Dr. Strange, Spidey, IM, Wanda, and the Guardians shined throughout the film. I was surprised that Cap played a minimal role but I suspect he might play the biggest role next year.

I hated Loki from day one. Talk about a real obnoxious character. I think I hate that guy so much, my hate might have transferred to the actor. He did such a good job to be a thorn on everyone's side. Groot is one, if not, my favorite. Spending a night with, not too shabby, Gamora would elevate me to "Captain Kirk" status.
Loki was probably the most memorable villain in the MCU films until Killmonger and Thanos came along. It came full circle for him since he led an attack on Earth for Thanos in the first Avengers film in exchange for getting him the Tesseract which he willingly handed over to save Thor's life.

Spidey probably had the most memorable death, especially since his Spidey Sense told him it was coming before everyone else knew, but Groot's death was incredibly sad. Who knew a brief death scene between a tree and a raccoon would be so powerful? At least he came through before his demise when he gave Thor the handle for Stormbreaker.

Gamora is oddly attractive. She was glowing throughout the film. I have a bit of a thing for Nebula as well and I fully believe she will play an important part in the defeat of Thanos next year. She was the only survivor on Titan along with Tony. Nobody knows more about Thanos than she does and he admitted that she nearly succeeded in killing him earlier.