Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
What I don't get was Nick's inability to except Juliette as a hexenbiest. This insistence that we can fix you made no since. What is the down side of being a hexenbiest. They showed Adalind as doing quite well as a hexenbiest. She is the one that put herself in the predicament she is in. Like she said she was happy as a lawyer, then she meet Sean. Even after it was confirmed Juliette is and will forever be a hexenbiest. Rosalee still insist she can find a cure. Juliette lived in a world of wesen. So what where they trying to fix.

Fast forward to season 5 each time Nick sees Eve. He looks at her like he did Juliette in the house. Like she is this strange monster. It is one thing to be confused by the ice cold stare. It is another to not even acknowledge her and what she is. Over 5 seasons we have seen Nick interact with all kind of wesen. Some more diabolical then he sees Eve. But never have we seen what seem to be repulsion, which can only be guilt.

Even Monroe's attitude make no sense. Eve saved all of their lives, now he thinks she wants to kill Nick. Even Rosalee acts like Eve as a hexenbiest is some scary monster. Yet her best find in now Adalind.

The promos show Trubel working with Eve so i guess she accepts her. I hope the others get over their denial. Either like her or not as Eve not as not being Juliette. The it's Juliette will get as annoying, as the we can fix a permanent condition in season 4 was. FYI suppression is not a fix.
syscrash, you think about the show very deeply, but you are irrational when it comes to Juliette and Adalind.

Adalind and her mother started off in some sort of servitude to Sean Renard. Her mother escaped by death and Adalind was released following her failure to secure the key and loss of her hexenbiest.

Nick was the one who said to Juliette that she needed to accept being a hexenbiest. Juliette was the one who couldn't accept it. That's why the group looked for a cure. Yes, the cure was only a suppressant. It bought time for a real cure to be found or for Juliette to accept being a hexenbiest and learn to control it, when it re-emerged. Nick couldn't look at Juliette because he was wracked by guilt thinking it was his fault she was a hexenbiest. That was a feeling that Juliette did nothing to lessen by telling the group 'you made me'. Talk about guilt trip. Then Juliette made Nick shoot at Monroe.

Nick tells Renard in 5:08 It's not Juliette. It's Eve'. Sounds to me like he accepts her as Eve. Rosalee and Monroe don't know that Juliette is now Eve. Perhaps that's what Trubel told them. Eve kills 20 wesen without breaking sweat and destroys a wesen's brain. I think Rosalee is right to think Eve is a scary hexenbiest monster.

Trubel works for HW like Eve and as such doesn't get to choose whether or not she's in the same room as Eve.

Nick doesn't feel guilt toward Eve. Her only regret is that he didn't bury Juliette. Since he knows Juliette is still beneath the conditioned Eve personality that there's no way he is going to let go of the towering rage he has towards her. He's already grieved for Juliette, thought he had buried her.
(02-12-2016, 04:39 AM)tscchope Wrote: [ -> ]Nick was the one who said to Juliette that she needed to accept being a hexenbiest.

When did he tell her that? I remember her telling him in the spice shop that she liked being a hexenbiest. Paraphrasing here, but I thought he said either he didn't like it or the scoobies didn't like it.
When Juliette showed him for the first time that she was a hexenbiest. He recoiled. She kept on at him. He told her she needed to accept it. She didn't want to. Didn't want to live like it. I'm paraphrasing, too. I think that's when she told Nick she didn't need him any more and walked out.
(02-12-2016, 05:49 AM)tscchope Wrote: [ -> ]When Juliette showed him for the first time that she was a hexenbiest. He recoiled. She kept on at him. He told her she needed to accept it. She didn't want to. Didn't want to live like it. I'm paraphrasing, too. I think that's when she told Nick she didn't need him any more and walked out.

I remember him saying something about them getting through this but I don't remember him ever saying she needed to accept it. In fact he was ticked at Henrietta for telling Juliette that there was nothing that could be done to reverse her hexenbiest condition.

Nick was not sympathetic or reasonable during this time. He made it plain he did not want Juliette as a hexenbiest. Too bad really. If he had been understanding, that stupid plot hole with Kelly and Diana would not have happened.
That is just it, irukandiji, Nick was reasonable and accepting of something Juliette did not want to accept or come to terms with. Of course, Nick was ticked off with Henrietta. Not one for sugar coating anything, that one. Nothing about letting someone gently into a new life. Henrietta had no chance to tell anyone or offer any help because she became a victim of Sean possessed by the ripper after, almost as soon as, Juliette had left.

Nick did accept Juliette as a hexenbiest. He did not accept what Juliette did with her powers. I'll give you that Nick wasn't understanding when it came to Juliette refusing help. He was angered by her getting his neighbours killed and in a towering fury over her role in his mother's murder. He grieved for her when he thought she was dead in his arms.
Tschope, we'll have have to agree to disagree on this one. I've never seen Nick accept of Juliette's hexenbiest. In fact, I consider his turning his back on her one of the most lowlife things a guy could do.
Neither wanted to believe that normal Juliette and not prejudice.
he said he was going to accept but she became "Woge" and the elusive gaze.Nothing would change for her and always looked the same-is what she believe her.Nick try to talk to her several times but she never gave him another chance.
she had other choices and decided to go another way.- Not because of adalind or anyone else.
he was able to track the phone but perhaps preferred to not suffocate.
and offers to talk.
(02-12-2016, 07:05 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Neither wanted to believe that normal Juliette and not prejudice.
he said he was going to accept but she became "Woge" and the elusive gaze.Nothing would change for her and always looked the same-is what she believe her.Nick try to talk to her several times but she never gave him another chance.
she had other choices and decided to go another way.- Not because of adalind or anyone else.
he was able to track the phone but perhaps preferred to not suffocate.
and offers to talk.

The impression I got was that once Nick saw her woge, he was through with Juliette. Even though he said they would get through it, his heart was never in it. I think Juliette was more open about it than he was. But after being shut out for so long, she wasn't able to be open any more.
(02-12-2016, 07:16 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]his heart was never in it. I think Juliette was more open about it than he was.
Juliette had concealed the fact she was a hexenbiest from Nick. She'd used her powers against the wesenrein and manticore. When she decides to tell Nick it's show first. No thought about how Nick's going to react to the love of his life changing into his mortal enemy. To cap it off, she walked out on him.

If she hoped Grimm's blood would be the answer, she was out of luck. She may have expected Nick to rush out after her, butthat's a bit much to excpect after telling someone 'I don't need you any more'.

I'd respectfully suggest you watch the reveal episode again, with a more open mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43