Grimm Forum

Full Version: Jurassic World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you guys make of the Jurassic world film? I was really surprised I thought it was really good & much better than the lost world & Jurassic Park 3 which where major let downs after Jurassic Park. I was expecting much of the same, but was quite surprised what do you all think to it?
(11-04-2015, 12:30 PM)CoffeeGirl Wrote: [ -> ]what do you guys make of the Jurassic world film? I was really surprised I thought it was really good & much better than the lost world & Jurassic Park 3 which where major let downs after Jurassic Park. I was expecting much of the same, but was quite surprised what do you all think to it?

I just had a chance to see this film last week. I had heard through reviews that if a person saw the first Jurassic Park, this wasn't anything that hadn't been done before. I do agree with that, but I found the film enjoyable.

I didn't like the red haired female lead actress (can't recall her name). I thought she overacted.

I really liked the premise of training the velociraptors. I thought that was an interesting concept. I also liked that the film didn't treat the training like it was a done deal and these animals were tame pets and would do whatever Grady would order them to do. That was a very nice touch.

I also liked the boys finding the jeep and getting it to run again, and then tearing off in the park with it. Total fun.

I would have liked Jurassic World to take a different story approach though. Having the dinosaurs yet run amok again and turn the park into a disaster zone just seemed a little on the unbelievable side with 20,000+ people on the premises, These people have had 20 years to get it right. Dinosaurs shouldn't be able to get loose so easily.

I hear the lead actors signed on for at least another film with the possibility of one after that.
In contrast to the Jurassic park movies, I really like jurassic world and was pleasantly surprised how good the movie was Smile
Yeah, I agree with Arrow. Jurassic World is much better than the Jurassic Park movies!
As someone who's been studying dinosaurs for the past 25 years, I've always enjoyed the 'Jurassic Park' movies and I'm looking forward to the release of 'Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom' in June next year. The only thing I didn't like about 'Jurassic World' was the inclusion of the hybrid Indominus Rex, since this dinosaur didn't actually exist in real life, whilst all the others did. I see no reason for there to be fake hybrid dinosaurs when there's plenty of real ones to choose from.